3 Song Pick... Patience Iago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Song Pick... Patience Iago

Entering week 2 of flowering of WW photos, so for so good, first grow, I suppose (???) see pics (ga nats were caught in apple cider vinegar and dish soap from this forum search). Patience is a good thing right...? A few ga nats but I figure that is normal for purchased soil (Fox Farms Coco Loco) grow. So, I thought while I was waiting / anticipating the upcoming adventurous flowering stage, could I kindly ask for your top three songs to listen to when you are high / indulging / feeling all right? I first thought of top three albums but that seemed too broad. Surprisingly, top three songs to listen to seemed to be more narrowing.

So, whether or not you are high or are just enjoying life, what are your top three songs to listen to?

I will go first.

Dreams - Fleetwood Mac 1977
    Layla - Eric Clapton - 1970
    Animals - Pink Floyd 1977 I know this is not a song rather an album, but...

Okay, all of these songs date me but I think they are still classics. I would love to know what your top 3 songs are. I, for one, will listen to them to see what I think, and, I think others will listen to what you share.
    Peace, love, etc...

Now that’s a question, hmm this is hard 😎
    1. slow motion suicide - Ferocious Dog
    2. Pain Killer - Turin Brakes
    3. Put a boom box on my grave - Jaya the Cat

enjoy x

Comment

• crunchyfrog
      crunchyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for sharing this music. I really loved Slow Motion Suicide - Ferocious Dog! I am guessing you have seen them live?

• Cazald68
      Cazald68 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes quite a few times, missing gigs and festivals this year 😔🥺

• crunchyfrog
      crunchyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      This... Google, "Ferocious Dog, From Without Tour Video" ... From ~ 3:10 to 5:40 the violin is super, effing awesome. Thank you Cazald68 !

I can’t only choose 3 🤣 it’s damn to hard to choose only 3 reggae songs 😅. I feel I’m leaving many songs behind then.

Protoje- Blood money (reggae)
    Collie Buddz- Hold firm (reggae)
    Kabaka pyramid - Can’t breathe (reggae)

I could keep writing artists and song names 😆
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• crunchyfrog
      crunchyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Captain for turning me on to some reggae. Can't Breathe, quite prophetic and powerful lyrics. My favorite was Collie Buddz - Hold firm. Take care!

• CaptainWiese91
      CaptainWiese91 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your welcome !
      Yea really powerful lyrics about the system. This is why a love reggae ❤️

Awaken : Yes
    Karn evil 9 , 1st impression, : ELP
    ​​​​​​​The end, : Doors

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
      Bowhunterwoody commented
      Editing a comment
      Surprised no one on this forum has said
      Sweet leaf,: Black Sabbath.

• crunchyfrog
      crunchyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah, someone from my time. Saw Yes and ELP back in the day, both magical.

Small Faces - Donkey Rides A Penny A Glass (or anything by them from '67 until Rod Stewart came and went. If weed and this song don't make you smile then you must've been weaned on a pickle.)
    Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra - Diminuendo In Blue (The "trickeration" in the syncopation and the incredible tightness of his band mess with your head when you've blown some gage. The time signature counts down from brisk to lethargic by the end of the record, further messing with your ability to "lock in".)
    Thomas Dolby - One Of Our Submarines (Extended Mix) (Gorgeous textured synth-pop from before synthesizers were simply a cheap substitute for other instruments. Bye-bye empire.)
    Last edited by UndergroundFarmer; 06-07-2020, 09:32 AM.
    Coconut Grove
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
    4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
    32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
    Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• crunchyfrog
      crunchyfrog commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, what a variety of picks, thank you for sharing these! I listened to them all and when my grow is finished, cured and consumable (hopefully), gonna come back and "really" listen again. I have to say the Duke Ellington Diminuendo was amazing, I listened to Diminuendo and Crescendo in Blue live and if that is the song to which you are referring it was incredible. Still buzzing in my head... I saw Boots Randolph at a college basketball game play the Star Spangled Banner and by the end of it the rafters felt like they were coming down, 15 thousand plus people going crazy and I imagine that is what this was like live.

• UndergroundFarmer
      UndergroundFarmer commented
      Editing a comment
      I've got the 1937 Brunswick single on my hard drive. I'll have to check out the live version when I can sit a while today. The swing era gets such a bad rap for all the syrupy sentimental ballads. You have to dig a bit to find the good stuff by the original hepsters. I like Chick Webb (with or without Ella Fitzgerald on vocals), Cab Calloway (of course), Benny Goodman (plus all his sidemen's projects), Don Redman, Fletcher Henderson, Basie, Wingy Manone, Louis Jordan, Louis Armstrong's Hot Five/Seven, Fats Waller, Django Reinhardt, Jimmie Lunceford, etc. etc.

I like trying music that doesn't seem so obviously psychedelic to trip with because as someone (whose name I can almost remember) described his experience with weed and tunes as hearing "music in color for the first time".

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X