Pollinating autoflowers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pollinating autoflowers

I picked up some green crack and blue dream autoflower seeds just meaning to grow them, but after reading the guide on making feminized seeds I'm thinking of trying that out. my only question is this, these plants were advertised as 8 weeks germination to harvest so when exactly do I pollinate? At 2 weeks? At some point after that and let the plants grow past when theyd normally?

Maybe this is a stupid question but I'm still a scrub at all this so I'm not sure if I'm missing something here or not. So I'd rather ask then screw something up
    stoner, lapidary (a different kind of stoner https://forum.growweedeasy.com/core/...ies/tongue.png) and sometimes silversmith
    ~4' x ~4' x 7' grow box
    bloom plus LED 300W
    green crack 5 gallon dwc for the lulz
    Wifi og and snowcap dream in 5 gallon dwc still in the closet under some lame veg light

best time to pollinate is when the pistols have turned of white but yet too recede, perhaps 2-3 weeks before harvest depending on strain

whats your strategy for femminze..?

good luck

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      Pollinating 2-3 weeks before harvest is a recipe for a heartache. Underdeveloped seeds aren't good for growing or smoking.

It takes 4-6 weeks to ripen seed (strain dependent) after pollination. so for yours about 4 to 5 weeks old. This will give some seed and some bud. Also not recommended to use the pollen on the plant that made it.

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      9fingerleafs If you're doing an autoflower x autoflower breeding, all the offspring will be autoflowering.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I guess we can assume but there has to be some variation in some strains, receive genes all that, I just never seen anyone do an auto flower cross at home

• Matriumcauthon
      Matriumcauthon commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you, thats exactly what i needed to know! yeah i am planning to treat one to make pollen and then plant the other two seeds and pollinate one of them. i needed to know so i could plan when to germinate the other seeds so i dont have too much downtime between collecting the pollen and pollinating while still getting mature seeds. thanks again!

@9 yeah im crazy like that still havnt even gotten my first grow complete and im already jumping into waters probably well out of my depths lol and im also curious to see how they all turn out, both the making more seeds of each and the cross that yall have me thinking about trying now this is more fun then the dino breeding i do in ARK
      Last edited by Matriumcauthon; 06-01-2020, 08:28 PM.

Matriumcauthon Just to clarify, are you working with Green Crack feminized autoflower and Blue Dream feminized autoflowers?

Comment

• Matriumcauthon
      Matriumcauthon commented
      Editing a comment
      i had initially been thinking to just make more of the same of each since i had 3 seeds per, but now yall have me wondering what a cross of two of my favorites would be like

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Making your own crosses is fun and can be rewarding when you hit that plant you desire. I am crossing BB3 with several to see what happens, one of these crosses will be BB3 X GG4. I am about to sprout some BB3 X GSC, these will be the next seed to sprout here!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X