Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TNC Mycorr- hydro "probiotic"- opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TNC Mycorr- hydro "probiotic"- opinions?

Hi there,

What do you think of this product? It gets amazing reviews and seems to be like a probiotic for hydro (there is also a soil version)

Mycorrhizal fungi designed specifically for indoor gardening when Hydroponics is in use. If using a substrate such as coir choose TNC MycorrPlus

I tried it and the plants seem happy but the water tends to change color. The info from their website is that the bacteria needs to "colonize"... can someone explain?

Thanks!

with the recent wave of legalisation many ripps and cons leap forth
    some true some not, .. not having the experience to find out the truth
    can lead many down the wrong path ...such as here

please explain 'happy plants? and why you choose to use this product

thanks

Comment

Honestly I have no affiliation or interest in it whatever.
      I'm not seeking to promote it at all but just to find out what you guys think of such a product.
      I looked online for products to support healthy root growth and this came up- small company in the UK with a probiotic root colonizing product.
      Plants look the same- all green and apparently happy but the water turns murky.
      Hope that answers your questions.
      Thanks!

Comment

Well this product and others of its class (asir, tnc, microvita...) are in the same pathway more or less, they aim to improve the rhizosphere for the roots to grow healthy and quickier than they'll do without them.

First of all we need to know that the most part of the soils in the nature have different types of micorryzae, there are 2 types of them, the endomicorryzae and ectomicorryzae (but there are plenty of families of this benefical fungi).

the endomycorryzae penetrates inside the roots and make a simbiotic relation with them, the roots feed the fungi and the fungi provides asimilable elements from the soil and hydratation, they'll improve the nutrient absortion of roots by improving the surface of the roots by the action of its fungi hifas all around the pot.

the ectomicorryzae only grow between the cells of the roots in the most outside area, they don't penetrate deep as the previus ones, but they'll feed the plant in the same way than the previous one.

trichodermas are other type of fungi that is for sure benefical for roots but in other way, they will parasite other pathogen fungi and even the mycorrizae by it self in the soil (sclerotinia, pithyum, fusarium...) they'll literally eat them and in the process will leave enzimes and other antibiotical compunds that'll ensure a healthy roots system and free of pathogens.

There are species of mycorryzae with better sinergy with the trichodermas you'll need to trust the company and their metodology if they use both.

Fungi don't like alcaline soils so when you apply them you'll need to down the ph of irrigation to 6 to improve the colonization of them

Is REALLY important to use citric acid based ph solution to get it down, the phosporic acid base of many products will kill the fungi and other microbies in soil.

Excess of P and K will lower the colonization

Excess of water during this colonization will lower the colonization of the fungi by a mechanism called lixivation.

This is only my experience and research, feel free to do it by yourself and have a deeper idea of how they work and why you should use them.
        Last edited by ojetepelon; 10-21-2021, 12:58 PM. Reason: add an aditional point that is really important to take care.

Comment

• TOKABIGONE
          TOKABIGONE commented
          Editing a comment
          Well written, great explanation, thanks. I knew about the colonization but you explained the science behind it, thanks again.

• ojetepelon
          ojetepelon commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope it will help to anyone curious to know what are them and how to use, thanks to you for your words TOKABIGONE

Originally posted by rugby View Post
        Hi there,

What do you think of this product? It gets amazing reviews and seems to be like a probiotic for hydro (there is also a soil version)

Mycorrhizal fungi designed specifically for indoor gardening when Hydroponics is in use. If using a substrate such as coir choose TNC MycorrPlus

I tried it and the plants seem happy but the water tends to change color. The info from their website is that the bacteria needs to "colonize"... can someone explain?

Thanks!
        Although I haven't used that product, I have used bennies in my RDWC systems for 5 years now.
        Colonize refers to the idea that the beneficial microbes will overwhelm any random pathogens by sheer numbers.
        That's the basis of root products like hydroguard.
        I run Tribus Original in my system with great results.
        The product I have used that is very similar to the link you posted is Recharge.
        I think the kelp and humic acid along with molasses is staining the roots.
        Almost like GH Flora trio.
        WHAT???
        5x5 grow space
        900w of Vero's and F-strips
        4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X