White Specs? Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Specs? Should I be worried?

Hi gang- first time grower here. Any clue what these little white specs are on the leaves? I thought maybe mites, aphids, or mold but it doesn’t seem to scrape off with a fingernail. Thanks!

Some info:

*GSC strain indica dominant

*seeds are from Humboldt Seed Co.

*4 weeks old

*Outdoor grow (Southern California)

*50/50 Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil and coco coir

*Fox Farm nutrients (Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom)

*Plant gets lots of natural sunlight from the east and west

*Outdoor temps can be a little hot and dry. When it’s 85 degrees or hotter, I’ll bring the plant in and set it in a window that gets really good light and then when the sun is going down I’ll put it back out in the light when cooler.

Did you check for bugs under the leaves? With a magnifying glass ?? Looks like a bugs infestation
    Is it an auto or a photo period strain ?

and that temperature is pretty okay for a plants in my opinion. I have 6 seedlings all day in that temperature every day. The window blocks UV lights.
    Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
    You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

• Tanner
      Tanner commented
      Editing a comment
      They are not autos just feminized seeds. I checked under the leaves but not with a magnifying glass. I’ve used Neem oil as well but was kind of conservative with it because I don’t want to hurt the plant. I just sprayed it the night before last. Thanks for the reply and help. Much appreciated!

see the random-ness of the spots thats whiteflies..bites tiny little flies that suck out some of the sap

and just likes root gnats are but an annoyance but can spread pythium...molds

neem oil is your friend, good for bugs and molds maybe sold near you as leaf shiner ..lol

nice grow I like the 50/50 more so if you intend to add nutes later ..of which you intend to do

good luck

ps next potup add a bigger pot adding more soil aids as an insulation

Comment

• Tanner
      Tanner commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Vostok!

Could be spider mite eggs. I'm just finishing my first grow. I had white specs in flower. They ended up being spider mite eggs. They can get out of control fast.

Comment

A note on neem, dont use it on buds.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X