QB stays on after timer goes off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QB stays on after timer goes off

Anyone know a way around this. Just had to shut off a fan that was keeping me up, bearings are going. Never noticed before. And have had the light since before these girls started to flower and have not had a problem but they stay dim at night. I tried a few timers just now and no difference. Light stays on with all 4 timers. It's daisy daisy chained through another led but if I switch to direct from the timer still no difference. The third picture is looking down, the plants don't seem to be lit up per say. But just enough to know it's on when I opened the tent.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

I was going to say duct tape but I dont think it would help lol have you talked with the manufacturer they might know whats going on
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Just that it might stay on dim and not to worry it's not bright enough and if they send me another it will do the same 😶

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it on its own timer. 3 timers. 2 for the 2 lights and one for the 4 fans. Seems to work now that they're not chained together, but can't tell with climbing in and zipping up. Not happening.

Do they do this if you unplug them? I like to put a relay between my timer and the lights, just to take the stress off the timer. But a relay can cut both lines where the timer cuts 1. (all the timer runs is the relay, a definite purpose 2 or 3 pole motor starter with 110 volt coil)

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I have a couple other timers to dig out and try. Couple digital timers and a couple cheapies. Never had this problem with hids but they're staying in storage it's 38 Celsius plus humidity here. Sitting here in boxers with the fan and AC running. I won't even go into my bedroom during the day.
      I'll have to look into setting up a relay soon.

If I turn the driver down it goes out but that's not in my mornings and nights schedule FFS. These flowering bagseed will be a good test before I throw the next fems in. It's been more than a month and no damages yet. I'm thinking I'm going to compare it to the moon at night 🙄
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

It sounds like something is partly fried on the board if it's pulling voltage when it should be completely off.
      Coconut Grove
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
      4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
      32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
      Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        I unplugged her from the other light and into a different timer and it seems to have shut down completely.

Heres a link on the starters, (grainger is a bit high, using them for fast info). IDK whats in your area, you would want at least 2 poles 30 amp and break both lines (not the ground). Also safety says put in an enclosure (not like mine and open LOL).
      When it comes to Definite Purpose Contactors, you can count on Grainger. Supplies and solutions for every industry, plus easy ordering, fast delivery and 24/7 customer support.

I have seen some weird shit with DC circuits, are there any grounds on the DC side of the drivers? Do the fixtures touch one another?
      The MFG could have good input on this as well, they should know their product.

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        They're saying they could send a replacement that would do the same thing. I have another driver I could try. Everything has its grounds both in and out. They're about a foot from eachother but they're chained threw the first to the one that stays dim. Safety says I don't burn the house down but safety is flexible 👌 I checked the site, seems doable for under 100. I got a few things to try first that will cost 0,00 though. Wish me luck. Thanks for everything.

• Rwise
        Rwise commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ya, good luck! Check prices at local electrical supply houses, you may find them cheaper. Do you know a HVAC service person? They may have one laying around or get a cheap one for you.
        So it is an issue they know of, I would remove any ground/s on the DC side, not the AC side. I have seen so many weird issues with grounding DC. I still think the relay will fix it 100%

I think I got it beat, moved it from the daisy to its own timer and it seems to black right out. Always room for more timers lol. I'll make sure once it's dark out and the lights go out at 10 tonight, I cant tell 100 percent even with all the other lights off. I'd have to climb into the tent and zip it up lmao. I'm too fat for that shit at 6.2 300 pounds.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        take a flash light in with you and see if your wife loves you or not ,have her zip you in, and if she loves you shell let you out lol

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        In that case I Better bring a knife....and find me a wife. It still stays dim regardless of which timer I use.

I think the Chinese are high on their bat soup and don't know what they're talking about. Ordering my next light from California light works.

Comment

For me, it was a switch on the timer that said 'Timer' on one side and 'Outlet' on the other. The timer did it's thing but was set on 'Outlet' so the light never turned off.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Rwise
          Rwise commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually that switch could be the issue, it doesn't take much current to fire some diodes. And everything points to a voltage leak.

• UndergroundFarmer
          UndergroundFarmer commented
          Editing a comment
          I've accidentally left a smart digital timer set to 'on'' instead of 'auto' and got 24/0 when I was expecting 12/12. It's so much harder to do that with a dumb mechanical timer. For the load being put on that setup with multiple boards it might be a good idea to look at something closer to industrial-grade and leave the consumer-grade stuff to lighter loads.

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          These are rated 15 amp they're "industrial" according to the package but you get what you get for 50 Bux lol. I'll see what I can get when the credit card stops smoking. Most of the stores here are curb side pick up with only payment option credit card over the phone. Covid-19 our district has not had a new case in 18 days but no signs of things lightening up all of Ontario is good but Toronto has 300 cases a day so we all get the same blanket treatment. I'm limiting one light to one timer. One light at 3 amps and one at 1.8. The affected timer with the philzon and the one that seems to be good with the spider.if it continues, which it seems to be solved. I'll try some digital timers tonight if it continues.

I broke the dimming knob on my new HLG. Through whatever something, I found out the light will stay on 100% if the dimmer switch is not wired.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          For once I'm glad I have to stick a screwdriver into my driver to dim it. Glad you figured it out. 100 percent powers the way to go anyway. If it's too bright bring it up lol.

Well I'm back to say it took 9 timers but the cheapest one I could find is the only one to cut the power completely 😡 I've had 2 or 3 plants that have re vegged somewhat but they're coming back around now after a week of complete darkness. It's been a good test run before I get my good girls in the for the summer fall grow. I assume it was on dim the whole run of these current plants but only the ones directly under the light acted up. But the 5 under the other light on the other side of the tent didn't have any effected areas on them. Life goes on.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry about all the issues with the lights. Stay positive and keep growing your plants will make it just fine.

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a friend that's digging through his storage he's got 1800 watts worth of LEDs I'll be trying some new lights soon. The plants are getting back into their schedule now.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X