Should I lollipop these autos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I lollipop these autos?

I'm having a little space problem with my 4 auto plants (zkittlez, blueberry, og kush and alaskan purple, all from Seedsman), they are getting big now with 35 days and I can't even make LST because there's no room for horizontal spreading. So only the tops are getting light, the lower branches are almost entirely covered. Should I make a lollipop at the smaller lower branches? Or it's too dangerous for the autoflowering plants?
    Here is a photo of my improvised set up.

Thanks guys ;D

I would figure a way to spread them out. Build an extension, a whole nother redneck throw together temp tent.... & not plant so DAMN many at a time if your tent is that small. (I'm smilin as I write that- with no malice or judgement cause I'm not one to talk about havin too many plants.) 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

• mozzarella
      mozzarella commented
      Editing a comment
      hahaha I'll try to spread them a little bit, but an extension now it's not an option

I would do a defoliate before i started lollipoping, You can nip off a few of those big fan leaves down thru the center of the plant(outside as well)..that'll give the lower buds some more light. Dont go crazy with the clippers..just a few every couple of days. Give it time to adjust to each trim. Also, you can cut off any really small growth sites at the bottom if they aren't gonna amount to much.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• mozzarella
      mozzarella commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks man! i will do that and post here the results ;D

updating:
    just made a small defoliation on them, and a little LST.
    37 days

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5230-.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	410172Zkitlez Auto

Name:	IMG_5231-.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	410173Blueberry Auto

Name:	IMG_5229-.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	410174Alaskan Purple Auto

Name:	IMG_5227-.jpg
Views:	361
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	410176​ OG Kush Auto

Name:	IMG_5232-.jpg
Views:	319
ID:	410175 a very full closet

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Full is good.

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      They look good! Lets a bit more light down through the plant. Just a suggestion for your next grow....maybe go with two plants in that size closet lol. It'll just give you some more room so you can LST them to fill out that space. I always go overboard with the amount of plants i start, and it gets to be a cramped pain in the a** towards the end of the grow. Keep us posted.

Day 38

So I decided to try a little more LST, not pulling too hard, just enough to create a little space in the middle of the plants. Looking good so far, thanks again for your help guys

Name:	IMG_5255-zk.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	410622 Zkittlez

Name:	IMG_5258-og.jpg
Views:	310
ID:	410623 OG Kush

Name:	IMG_5256-blue.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	410624 Blueberry

Name:	IMG_5257-ala.jpg
Views:	304
ID:	410630 Alaskan Purple

Name:	IMG_5257-ala.jpg
Views:	302
ID:	410626
    Attached Files

Comment

hi dudes, just updating the photos, now the plants are 44 days old and starting to show some buds. The zkittlez is the bigger one but not showing resin yet, the OG kush on the other hand is starting to smell really skunky. let me know your thoughts on them please! that's my second time growing and I'm really happy to be honest.
      thanks

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5316-zk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.23 MB ID:	412753
      zkittlez auto

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5314-og.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.24 MB ID:	412754
      OG kush auto

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5972-al.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.27 MB ID:	412755
      alaskan purple auto

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5310-bl.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.30 MB ID:	412757
      blueberry auto

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5319-.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	412758
      full af
      Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang fine first grow with autos.

now this kinda turn into my grow diary, so just updating the photos to compare with the last ones.
      comments and suggestions are always welcome

thanks dudes

50 days old, all autos from Seedsman

Click image for larger version  Name:	09.06-AP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.46 MB ID:	415145
      Alaskan Purple

Click image for larger version  Name:	09.06-BB.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.64 MB ID:	415144
      Blueberry

Click image for larger version  Name:	09.06-OG.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.37 MB ID:	415143
      OG Kush

Click image for larger version  Name:	09.05-zk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	415142
      Zkittlez

Comment

hey guys, I'm noticing some yellow leaves, but I think it's just because they are flowering. Should I keep it or remove it?
        thanks!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X