Asking for a second opinion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for a second opinion.

Hey all. Just noticed something, appears to be a burn. Just on the top of 2 of my 7 girls. Just some bagseed to pass the time while my girls get ready to fill the tent for my summer fall run. Might be the lights as they've been moved about a week ago from beneath some 50 watt panels and some 23 watt LEDs to front and center under 500 watts. They're getting fed the trio and calmag water pHed at 6.5 water feed water ev 3 days. About a month into flower. My own soil blend ph at the roots just over 6. EC in 700~ out 150~. Lights about 20 to 24 inch above depending on the plant height. I'm thinking of raising the lights but not yet, going to give a few days and see if they adjust, want them to get as much light as possible and wanted some second and 3rd... opinions beforehand. No bleaching on the buds above the effected leaves.
    i think I listed everything, if I missed anything just ask.
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

I’ve seen several post of yours and the plants are always beautiful. Loved the red stems. For what you say sounds like the intense light makes he plants need more nutrients but in the other hand I think the flora trio is problematic. Are you using the Lucas formula? You using both the micro and calmag?

I feel the need to say that I think you are wasting some space that you could fill with horizontal canopy. Some training in veg and you could have 4 or 6 times more colas. Also I cannot stress enough the benefits of fabric pots. Speciallly when you are having success using cans. The access to oxygen will help a lot no matter what. Happy growing my friend.

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      These were supposed to go outside but the tent came free early. Just passing time while I wait for my girls to be ready. I'll be putting 4 in the tent in 10 gallon bags next will veg till I'm at the walls and a few feet tall, as usual, big plans. They're 2 inch tall at the moment. I was keeping these in cans planning to put them directly into the planters outside but at the stage they're in I can't see waisting the soil to transplant now. But now that you mention it the soil is probably completely used up so I'll bump up the feeding. Always calmag and a ml of micro when I do plain watering and when I feed in flower I still keep grow at q strength with micro full and bloom full strength and calmag 1ml per L. I'll probably bump up the calmag and maybe abit more micro to boost up the N. Some are getting abit pale. They each get they're own feed depending.
      They were all topped and kept 3 or 4 mains. Believe it or not I started with 40some seeds but lots of balls. I had big plans lmao. Caring for 35 plants. Topping and tying. To throw out 27😂 🤣 I had plans of a Feild of green in my back yard. I'm almost out of the GH shit what would you recommend. So many options out there. My next couple feeds I'll probably bump the pH up to 7 see if it helps the uptake. I just got my 250 bill from seedsman kinda hurt. Gotta pay down the visa before I order any new nutes. They're up for their feed today. I'll bump it up before I try raising the lights then I'm gone till Saturday night so it will be a surprise when I get home. I'll keep this post updated. Thanks for everything 😊

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't even know when the started to flower to be honest maybe a month maybe 6 weeks. Just thinking they give you enough micro to last 3 times the length of the grow bloom and calmag, don't think they thought that one out. But yea what do you recommend for nutes?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I’ve been struggling with that for a few months now. GH is the only truly available hydro brand in my country so I use the micro and for the rest I made my own mix using basic salts. Super cheap. Like 10 bucks for every two or three gallons of nutrients I’m not sure. If you’re interested I can share a lot of info but it gets a bit technical and has proven to be a challenge even when I thought I knew enough. Anyway if you can buy bottled nutrients I recommend botanicare pure. The best grows I’ve had we’re using that line and I’m currently trying to emulate the recipe. It’s 2-3-5 for flowering

9fingerleafs it's available here in Canada. I'll have to go shingle a roof or something to pay for the lineup lmao. If I don't spend money on stupid shit for the next month or 2 I'll probably put an order in. 2 months I'll be running out of the trio anyways so it. Looks like it would be worth a try
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s expensive stuff but the best I’ve used. You only need the veg and bloom, and the calmag, but any brand of calmag will work and you already have some. If you are interested in making nutrients they’re made of mono potassium phosphate, potassium sulfate and Epsom salts for the magnesium and calcium nitrate for the calcium but you can skip those with calmag or use micro and Epsom salts

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      I'll probably go for the veg and bloom. I'm down to about a third of each and 4/5ths of the micro. Under half on the calmag as well. I'd be interested in making my own would just have to source the ingredients and figure out the ratios sounds cheaper than buying name brand but not sure if I trust myself. Would have to do a bagseed run to test it out. Before I use it on anything I cafe about lol.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that’s what I’m doing. I tried 1-2-4 and Was low on K. Now I’m going to make he 2-3-5. I have a excel sheet with all the hydro compounds and you can calculate how many ppm of what go into the solution per gram of chemical. It’s a ppm calculator for hydro salts. But if you can just get the botanicare and you can dab into the chemistry down the road

Here's some updated pictures of the problem plants. Doesn't seem to be spreading any further.

Comment

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      9fingerleafs. I don't think I've had one grow without any problems lol. About 80 percent of my bud goes to my people and the other 20 and all my trim and airy buds and make oil or butter. Sometimes tinticure and sell it in 10 ml cyringes and usually get 100 to 200 for a cyringe. That's the real money maker for me. Live to grow and grow to live eh.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Indeed my friend, and people think money doesn’t grow on trees 😜

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Well it doesn't grow on trees..till we first grow the trees, love the trees, talk to the trees, Play them music, force feed the trees, dry the trees. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X