Sunroom seedling stretching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunroom seedling stretching

I am currently growing a few plants in my sunroom, which is facing south and also has windows on the east and west walls. Two of my plants seem to be doing ok and have about 3-4 nodes. My third plant, however, has really seemed to be stretching for the light the last few days. It is taller than one of the other more mature plants already, and about 3/4 as tall as my largest plant despite only having their first triple leaves (which are still very small).

Everything I have found on this problem provides solutions for indoor grows. Since I can’t put the sun closer to my plants, is there anything I can do to encourage more full growth in my circumstances? (I have already added more soil to provide extra support). The plant is aCereal Milk strain, if that makes any difference, and I am using ocean forest soil (I know it’s not the best soil for such young plants, but it was what I had available). Also, the plant is in a small container.

thank you

Add some supplemental lighting (preferably in the 4000k+ range) and get it as close as you can without burning the plant to encourage new growth to stay compact and tighten up the node separation. Other than that, bury it deeper when you transplant and either provide support or start training it to grow shorter and bushier rather than tall and lanky.

Comment

Without proper light they won't grow strong I would get a backup system for lighting other than a window. But if you can't get LED, CFL, T-5 fluorescent I guess you just shift the placement of the pots so they get equal time in the sunniest spot??
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Exactly what they both said lol I have two moms that I keep as house plants in a sunroom and I have T5’s that come on from 6am till 9am then again from 6pm until midnight so I know they’re getting enough light to stay in veg. Plus it helps keep them from stretching as much.

Comment

I had a stretching problem with a few seedlings last month. I couldn't move the lights so I set them on a box to bring them closer to the T5s and put a bamboo skewer into the coco then wrapped a twist tie around the skewer then made a loose loop around the stem with the rest to keep it from falling over.
          Coconut Grove
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
          4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
          32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
          Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X