Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnEmad
    replied
    The not so scientific test between fabric and plastic has reached it's conclusion. Today is Day 83 and harvest day for the Berry Bomb grown in the 15 litre/3.5 imperial gallon plastic Autopot.
    This plant was grown with 6 main branches and had perhaps 30% less tops then the one grown in the fabric pot. They were somewhat different in how they grew and certainly not clones of each other.
    However the growing medium, nutrients, lights etc were all the same.
    The big surprise is the plastic outgrew the fabric pot by a slim margin of 20 grams. Much to my surprise considering the one in the fabric pot was at one point a much larger plant but time is an equalizer it seems.
    Total wet weight 832 grams.
    The tops were large, heavy and sticky with a strong smell. The branches were all tied together to help support the weight. Like it when that happens.
    So no real clear winner except me having all this great bud...lol.
    I can say I am very impressed with the breeding Bomb Seeds has done. Both plants were easy to grow and they delivered exceptional yields with high quality smoke.
    But, enough babble from the grower. Here are some pics. Enjoy.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 08-02-2020, 04:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice!

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    lol, just the fabric pot hanging so far Doubledealing72. yup hoping for around 6 oz.
    The plastic pot won't be ready for about 2 weeks.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 07-27-2020, 07:32 PM.

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Great Job John! You are killing it man!

If the pic that has them hanging are both plants that you took down, I'm guessing around 6oz total. Of course, its difficult to tell through pics.

Again, great job man! That looks like some killer smoke!

• JohnEmad
    replied
    Day 76 and the fabric pot was ready for harvest with close to 10% amber and mainly cloudy trichs. Could have gone a bit longer but I kindof like the smoke that starts more active and then gently settles into a relaxing state for those times i am not ready to sleep yet.
    This grow has been relatively free from major trouble and the plants responded by getting large, heavy and sticky.
    I will wait for both plants to be dried and in jars before I post the final numbers but I have to say the one grown in fabric got big fast and may be one of the best yielding autos I have grown yet.
    The good thing is the Berry Bomb in the plastic pot is basically the same size as the one in the fabric with fewer yet larger tops. Almost no brown pistils on her yet so she could get much heavier and thicker in the next 2-3 weeks.
    The little Trans Siberian auto has continued to pack on weight and should be done in the next 2 weeks. Going to let that one mature more for the sleep aid properties.

Leave a comment:

• Jordann
    replied
    Looking good man awesome read. I always prefer fabric pots but might give the plastic a try one day. Good auto haul there forsure ☺️

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Looking great John! Can't wait to see harvest pics!

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    That would be fun. Those are good looking plants. I hope my next grow turns out like that.

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Hey i'll bring the pies not a cow pie either those look great what fun.

• JohnEmad
    replied
    day 69 and I keep having issues with ph rising fast in the res. from 5.7 to 6.7 in 3 days. friggin shit! I have been kinda busy and not checking regularly. Good thing is the grow is getting close to harvest. The fabric pot plant is showing the most stress from the swing. Still it has lots of decent sized buds and it is starting to get close to harvest. The oth\er Berry Bomb in the plastic autopot is looking great. big buds and frosty. maybe an extra week or more for this one to mature compare to her sister.
    Last is the Trans Siberian which is looking stable and filling in nicely.
    Aside from my bitchin this is going to be a big grow for autos and i am looking forward to testing these.

If we all lived close then ya pot party.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_155948_resized.jpg
Views:	784
Size:	941.4 KB
ID:	429749Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_160001_resized.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	787.6 KB
ID:	429750Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_155937_resized.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	949.0 KB
ID:	429751Click image for larger version

Name:	20200719_155957_resized.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	1,003.2 KB
ID:	429752

Leave a comment:

• Doubledealing72
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, we kind of all just wanna smoke your weed man. 🀣

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    Bunch of pot heads though πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    That's what I like about this forum. So many helpful people.

• bboyfromwayback
    commented on 's reply
    I can be a unbiased judge myself

• golfnrl
    commented on 's reply
    Very nice JohnEmad! Gonna have some nice ones! If you'd like to employ a panel to do a blind test between the two let me know. I might know a guy...just sayin'.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X