Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve got 5 amnesia haze last time. My favorite strain - so sometimes they hit the jackpot with the free seeds

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    Normally I write in the comment section of my order - feminized or auto.
    In the start I just wanted autos - now I only want feminized
    Northern light is a good beginner auto in my opinion. My wife is growing autos and she got 5 free northern light also.
    Honestly I think what’s in stock you get, if they have plenty of this strain you will get it.
    It’s a good method to remove the “older” seeds in stock maybe, so people aren’t buying “old” seeds for money.

• Philou38
    commented on 's reply
    Nice germination rate! Mine was 3/4. Let's say it was my lacking experience
    Do you usually receive a different strain for the free seed? This time I got an additional Northern Lights Auto. Maybe linked to covid lockdown? But it didn't bother me, as for my first grow I wanted to go with a strain with "less" smell.

• CaptainWiese91
    commented on 's reply
    When I started growing i looked especially on the free seeds you get. I have like 20 autos seeds now, and it’s hard to use them all😂. Today really like the genetics. I have 100 germination rate so I’m really happy with RQS.
    And yea the shipping is really good also

• Philou38
    replied
    Cool, can't wait until it's finished. This grow will teach patience
    I agree the experience with RQS was perfect, super quick delivery in Europe even with the covid lockdown. And you get free seeds and a grinder on top.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainWiese91
    replied
    Welcome to GWE!
    Happy for you choose RQS seeds! I only grow from that breeder. And I’ve have grown Northern light auto many times ! Super plant! It can take a beating actually and I will still bounce back and give you something to smoke on
    PH levels are good.

Leave a comment:

• Philou38
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks again, will try rotating them then

• Philou38
    replied
    There are already nutrients and fertilizers in the soil (NPK, compost..). Is it enough? Ph is at 6.5.
    I would really want to grow something without having to add anything else. Doesn't matter if I don't get drug lord yields, just a few grams will make me happy

Leave a comment:

• alltatup
    replied
    Hi Phil, are you not feeding your plants anything? You won't get very good flowers if you don't provide them with some nutrition...

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    No problem! I would say it would be a good idea to rotate them regularly through the day if you can for best results. Otherwise you'll end up with only one side really growing. The only issue I could see with rotating them is it could take a bit longer for the buds to develop than if you just let one side face the window at all times. You could try to train the "back" branches (the ones not in the window) to come out a bit and then get the light off the sides. That would probably be the best option if you can do it. The containers may end up being fine for your setup but I would have probably gone a bit bigger just to avoid the roots binding up.

Leave a comment:

• Philou38
    replied
    Cool, thanks for the welcome and the quick reply!
    I'm not really outdoors. I'm growing in containers behind windows. I have both east and west facing windows, so I move them every time so they can get as much light as possible. Is it a good idea to turn them around regularly so all the branches get more or less the same amount of light?

They are in 7l containers (~2 gallons). The tallest plant which is 4 weeks old is 20cm tall (7.9inches) at the moment.
    I suppose I could have used bigger containers, but I'm not planning on having trees in my apartment

Leave a comment:

• ellz
    replied
    Hi Philou38 and welcome to GWE! You have a female plant there and yes, those are pistils. Congrats! Should bud up nicely for you!

As for the growth, outdoor plants can get pretty large if they are straight in the ground or in super large containers. Smaller containers will see smaller plants but typically you should see the plant grow about 3x bigger than it is in veg so if it's only 12 inches tall in veg you can expect it could get up to 36 inches tall in bloom or taller (and wider depending on training). That is by no means exact. Just from my observations in a hydro set up inside. The outdoor grow (in the Earth) I started years ago never made it. It ended up getting flooded due to a storm but those were taller than me and I'm 6' 3" tall! Are you growing straight in the ground or in a container?
    Last edited by ellz; 05-18-2020, 02:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Philou38
    started a topic Pistils?

Pistils?

Hi all,
    I'm a total newbie here, growing Northern Lights Auto from Royal Queen Seeds, in soil and only with water and sunlight If I can get a few grams out of my plants it will already be a success for me.
    Are what I'm seeing on the picture the pistils that will in the end turn into buds?
    It's been 4 weeks since it got of the soil.
    From your experience how taller should the plant grow in these conditions until harvesting?

Thanks!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X