Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    replied
    We use the food dehydrators to bake RTR tapes (SSS), I think I'll check to see just how low they can go. And how accurate the thermostat is or is not. I should be able to get something local.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    I had a large food dehydrator, it would go down low enuf the heating element would not kick on. It would also go over 180*F for smoking. I wish I still had it!

• Farmall
    commented on 's reply
    From what I’ve been explained...temperatures are lower

• Rwise
    replied
    What makes it different than a food dehydrator?

Leave a comment:

• Farmall
    replied
    The Herbsnow dryer does work. It is so freakin’ controversial by parrot like repeated comments... I know of two in operation for people who’s yields are 3lbs plus each time and in the 4 days it takes to dry, they love it. Having watched it, the plates are removable and stackable so you can add very large buds or stand them upright in a cluster like Christmas trees. They are both pleased one of my friends told me she can have a few pounds in bags within 9 days , ready and curing without some of the negative issues like mold and hay-like taste

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    What I have in mind is something larger, I want at least a 2 lb capacity. Looking at the large industrial units, they draw the air across a cold coil to condense moisture which is drained away. The air is then heated and move through the bud and back across the cold coil. I think I'll start looking into what it will take to build one.

Leave a comment:

• Dieselgrower
    replied
    my dad grabbed 1 of these . said it worked good but dried a little too much, but like I told him Im sure theres a learning curve. deff cut down time. he also tried his own thing instead of buying the moisture shot thing.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    Oh well I guess that's out then

Leave a comment:

• UndergroundFarmer
    replied
    They stopped making Bud Dry years ago.

Leave a comment:

• dphipps1020
    replied
    Listen to that podcast Nebula was in, she mentioned one that works really well. Can't remember the name of it though.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    started a topic Bud dryer/s

Bud dryer/s

I went looking at bud dryers, the little home units look just like a pancake style home food dehydrator, maybe they have better temp controls, but still. These would not do for me, my plants get bigger than that! So off to look to the commercial units which I like much better, and I think I could DYI one from an AC unit, or maybe an old refrigerator.
    Anyone using a bud dryer? If so tell me about it!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X