Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing Seeds

How should I store them safely?

Everyone has different methods for storing seeds. I just keep mine in Ziplock bags and keep them in a dry, cool space. Some people keep them in the refrigerator to keep them dry. I've had some for years that aren't in plastic baggies, or even sealed, just in plastic containers that the weed came in, but they're still good. Several different ways but I think the general idea is to keep them dry. Hope that helps.

Comment

I keep mine at room temp, glass or plastic container, in a dark place. Currently growing 4 Strawberry Cough from ILGM that I had for ten months when I germinated them.
      Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
      Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
      Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seeds at 5+ years that still germinate fine. It's crazy how long they can last.

Cool dark space is how I store mine in old film containers. Yep I still have old film camara
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• dphipps1020
        dphipps1020 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still have one too. I used to keep a little weed in one of those film containers for traveling, very handy sometimes.

• golfnrl
        golfnrl commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh man, I wish I had some of those things.

Howdy RuralChic97, The best was to store the seeds is the way that most all of the national and international seed banks store them, is in plastic vials or baggies in a deep freeze (-10° F or lower). I have been storing seeds that way for many years and have not had any problems with them. When I decided to try my hand at rowing, I used seeds that I had been saving (from really great smoke) in the freezer for over six years (or more). Moisture and warm temperatures will cause the seeds either to sprout or to rot. For long term storage the freezer method is the best.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Farmbuck
        Farmbuck commented
        Editing a comment
        Kool !!

I keep mine in a sealed container in the fridge in the crisper. that's what it said on the dinafem site. no probs thus far.

Comment

Just don't keep them in a drawer in a room that tends to get hot during the day like I did with a batch of seeds. The germination rate after nine months was about 65%.
        Coconut Grove
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Liberty Haze, Acapulco Gold, Lavender and Sweet Amnesia Haze.

3x3 tent, Platinum P300 LED. Flowering two Tangies.

Flower tent:
        4x4 tent, Platinum LED P4-XML2, four Patio Pickers. Vegging Super Lemon Haze, Durban Poison and two Tangie x Blueberry crosses.

Nursery:
        32"x32" tent with Feit white LED. Vegging four Mother's Finest.

Coco/Perlite/worm castings/mycorrhizae living soil mix.
        Down-To-Earth dry amendments. Gnarly Barley added weekly. Eisenia fetida.

On deck: Winter indicas.

Comment

I keep mine in a cool dry dark place in a vacuum sealer bag.
          Light: Viparspectra P2000, Viparspectra P1500, Viparspectra XS2000, KingLed 1500
          Medium: organic, Fafard perlite, Fafard Urban Garden organic mix, Organic compost shrimps.
          Nutrients: Alaskan Fish, Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, Advanced Nutrients Ancient Earth, Advanced Nutrients Sensi Cal Mag Xtra
          Full auto grow
          Grow room : 8X12X10, 2 industrial fans, 1 dehumidifier, 1 Vivosun carbon filter & controller
          12 Wild Thailand Ryder from WOS

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X