Coco PH problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco PH problems

This is my first coco grow and I am 4 weeks from sprout. I am having some plant health issues and from info I can gather on gwe I have a ph problem , high ph to be specific. I have lowered the inflow ph to 5.5 and I am still measuring a run off ph of 6.7, I am watering every 3rd day at this point and just cant seem to get the run off ph down. Any suggestions? I am using mother earth coco + perlite and growing in 3 gal fabric pots. 3x3x6 tent with 600 watt mh/hps. Ambient temp in tent is 65 to 70 degrees.

How much run-off are you getting when you water? Typically a nutrient build up is going to cause a more acidic measurement but since you have more alkalinity this is very interesting. What type of plant health issues are you referring to?

My initial opinion is you need to increase your feedings. Fabric pots with coco will dry out fairly quickly.

I am looking forward to others opinions. Good luck OP. Post some images if you can please.
    Bloom Room
    16x10
    2 - 600 Watt HPS
    1 - 630 Watt Loriflux LED
    Autopot XL System
    Advanced Nutrients
    Coco/Perlite 70/30

Veg Room
    10x7
    2 - Electric Sky 300 V2
    Autopot XL System
    Floralex Nutrients
    Coco/Perlight 70/30

Current Strain is Citral Glue

Comment

Hey Joker good to see you again.

if I need to move my PH I'll give the pots a 2 to 3 times the amount of water the the pot is. 3 gallon pot, 6 to 9 gallons of PHed water in one setting or till your runoff reads what your looking for.
      I go for 6.0ph when u do this.
      I like to give a flushing agent on the first gallon.

are you alternating plain pHed water every other watering?
      You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Hey Mr.furley good to be back just wish it wasn't with a problem. Ok so I've been watering to 50% run off each time, which ends up being 1 gal per plant. Using GH trio nuits. From what I saw on the main site looks like a zinc problem? I haven't been doing a plain water every 3rd time although I saw on the GH website that they reccomend it. So I just now did a 2 gal plain water per plant with a 5.5 ph going in and still i get a 6.3 to 6.4 runoff ph on all four plants. I just dont know what I'm doing wrong but I've obviously got something out of whack.

Comment

Also I should add. I am watering with tap water which has a ppm of 245 average to start with. I've been keeping my overall ppm / with nuits at 700 to 900 in the runoff. When I first noticed issues my runoff ppm was 1000 to 1200 but I've since worked it down.

Comment

Good morning Joker

I think 50% run-off is way too much brother. I still think more frequent feedings with less water is going to help your situation. I am using 6 gallon pots and my ladies are week 2 of flower and they are completely healthy drinking 0.7 gallons per day.

Also, I would suggest to dilute nutes to 50-65% so you can avoid having to do a plain water feeding every 3rd or so. Also, maybe bump your pH to 5.8-6.0. This is the sweetspot for me. I am also growing in coco/perlite.

And one last suggestion...you will drive yourself batshit crazy if you keep measuring run-off pH levels.

Have an awesome day sir! Please continue to update.

Bloom Room
            16x10
            2 - 600 Watt HPS
            1 - 630 Watt Loriflux LED
            Autopot XL System
            Advanced Nutrients
            Coco/Perlite 70/30

Veg Room
            10x7
            2 - Electric Sky 300 V2
            Autopot XL System
            Floralex Nutrients
            Coco/Perlight 70/30

Current Strain is Citral Glue

Comment

• duckman
              duckman commented
              Editing a comment
              "you will drive yourself batshit crazy if you keep measuring run-off pH levels." been there done that!

TakashiThanks for they advice. I hadn't actually measured my runoff before my last post, I agree 50% seems high. I'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

If I suspect ph or residual nute levels are out of whack I will run at least 5 full gallons of ph'd (6.0) water through my 5 gallon coco pot. I rinse the shit out of it. (Mr. Furley I'm Going to try your full scale carpet bombing next time Lol) The plants always look very perky immediately afterwards. I try to do that rinse 1 time per month regardless. The plants love it. I also never check runoff ph just whats going in. I feed half strength GH Flora Nova half strength everyday with minimal runoff. Seems to work.

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Well I got things under control, this is the peyote critical getting chopped tomorrow. Still have big bud, blue dream and ice in the tent. They will probably go a couple more weeks. Had to shower after carrying that girl, got my arms super sticky lol.
                  so I'd have to say that I'm a coco grower from here on. I had basically constant root rot problems with dwc even though I even sealed my phone in the reservoir and never had light leaks. Will post pics of the other ladys when they come down. I think just looking at it that I should get 3 oz off her, hopefully more.

Comment

• Mr.furley
                    Mr.furley commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Looks great Joker
                    Welcome to the world of coco.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X