First Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Grow

I am using Bush Doctor Coco Loco from FoxFarm for my first growing medium. I am sure there are better mediums but I have already purchased and put in containers and I am waiting for other supplies to start . Has anyone used this growing medium for grows? If so, what type of nutrients and what type of nutrient schedule did you use? Any other tips with this medium? thanks in advance.

fyi, I will be growing 4 plants in a 4x4 tent with Viparspectra 1200.

Welcome crunchyfrog and what strain are you going to do? I've never used FF products so can't say. I mix my own soils. Have you grown weed before?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Just a little reminder to pH coco like hydro, between 5.5 - 6.5.

Comment

don't forget the perlite! as to nutes I have been using the General Hydroponics trio with good success. You'll need CalMag as well for the coco...good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SoOrbudgal View Post
          Welcome crunchyfrog and what strain are you going to do? I've never used FF products so can't say. I mix my own soils. Have you grown weed before?
          HI SoOrbudgal, thank you for the welcome. I am growing white widow, seeds from ILGM. This is my first grow. After reading everything I can on the internet for about a month, going to give it try. I am sure I will make mistakes but you have to start somewhere. In looking at your set up, it looks like you are doing continual harvesting, I guess that is where I may end up. Do you clone? Also, looks like you are using viparspectra, I guess you are liking that as well? Thanks again for the welcome.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I do clone and get carried away with it LOL . Yes i'm doing perpetual grows till it's too hot indoors, then it's outside. Yes I have 3 vipar 450 actually 4 of them. I don't count 1 cause it's lost it' bloom driver and only is veg. light that's what I use for starts at about 40" away along with my t-5 which is the first 2wks of seedling then into the veg. tent with the vipars.
            I've had this brand since I began indoor grows going on 4yrs. They do the job

Originally posted by RFheavy View Post
          Just a little reminder to pH coco like hydro, between 5.5 - 6.5.
          Hi RFheavy, thanks for the note. From what I have read about this product, it is not pure coco coir, more like a coco coir, potting soil mix, 5% perlite mix. Have you used this product and did you maintain the pH range suggested? Thanks again,

Comment

• RFheavy
            RFheavy commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for that. I would have given you horrendous information. Seems like the ideal range is 6.3 - 6.8. I have not used this mix before but after reading up on it, it sounds like some magical stuff! How big are your containers?

Originally posted by duckman View Post
          don't forget the perlite! as to nutes I have been using the General Hydroponics trio with good success. You'll need CalMag as well for the coco...good luck!
          Thanks duckman. I read this sites info on coco coir and they also recommend what you are recommending. My thing is, the product I have is not pure coco coir, sort of why I was asking if there were folks that have experience with this product. From what I read about it from their website, it is more like a potting soil mix with coco coir and some perlite.

Comment

crunchyfrog , I have had a quick look on the FoxFarm site and around the net as well and I still don't know what's in this stuff. if I had to guess (and I do) my guess would be it's strictly coco with a bit of perlite and some nutes. you might want to email FoxFarm directly to see exactly what's in it. in any event, I would recommend a good look at https://www.growweedeasy.com/how-oft...ater-coco-coir for best watering practises.

Comment

Yeah, I've used CoCo-Loco, a bunch, it's good stuff, but it needs about 30percent perlite added, like duckman said above.
              I've used it by itself, now I just use it on the top half of my pots, with living soil on the bottom.
              Coco-Loco is full of good stuff, that plants love.
              HappyGrowing
              Cfls for a week or two
              315lec for everything else
              Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
                Yeah, I've used CoCo-Loco, a bunch, it's good stuff, but it needs about 30percent perlite added, like duckman said above.
                I've used it by itself, now I just use it on the top half of my pots, with living soil on the bottom.
                Coco-Loco is full of good stuff, that plants love.
                HappyGrowing
                Thanks. Do you keep the pH at 6.3 to 6.8 as suggested above? I am guessing you use nutrients as well?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I got soil on the bottom that's rich in nutrients, I use coco-Loco on top half of pots, it's full of organic nutrients too.
                  No I don't use any other nutrients, but you will have to add nutrients just using coco-loco, by itself, starting around the second or third week. Some folks start sooner.
                  GoodLuck

RFheavy commented
                Yesterday, 02:17 PM

Thank you for that. I would have given you horrendous information. Seems like the ideal range is 6.3 - 6.8. I have not used this mix before but after reading up on it, it sounds like some magical stuff! How big are your containers?

5 gallon buckets is what I am going to try... with as many holes as I can get in the bottom and still keep the soil in.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X