GDP Growers - average cola size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GDP Growers - average cola size?

My Photoperiod GDP just started throwing amber trichomes. She’s been in flower for 4 weeks. I’ve never grown this strain before and am wondering if the colas are going to fatten up at all? If you look real hard you can see a common ball point pen in the for scale.

The colas are all between 6 and 8 inches so I’m happy about that but I expected heavier colas. Is this just typical of the strain? New grower so I’m still figuring this whole process out. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

oh genetics are from RQS. Grown in soil with fox farms nurse under a Samsung QB. Temp between 65 - 75f and rh around 40%.
    Attached Files

I grew kens cut of GDP. Yeah...The buds were not too fat, but they were very strong and flavorful. Unfortunately I can not comment on the RQS version. Hope this info helps.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Twistedwienerdog
      Twistedwienerdog commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, always nice to get some input from those who have gone before. : )

I haven't grown GDP bit I can tell you have many weeks to go before thinking about chopping. Good luck

Comment

• Twistedwienerdog
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for help. That's good news, this is the first non-auto I've grown to harvest and I'm hoping for larger and denser buds than I've been getting from my autos.

is it legendary punch? RQS does not sell GDP as GDP, they used purple punch and legend og to create theyre own version. im curious because im growing that same strain

Comment

• Twistedwienerdog
      Editing a comment
      My bad, I think it was MSNL. I tried to find the receipt but it's lost somewhere. For photoperiods I've only used RQS, Seedsman, and MSNL. I'm pretty sure they came from MSNL as that was my first ever seed order and this was the only survivor.

Ohhh. Msnl is known for creating their own versions of famous strains. They won’t be exactly like the originals, so bud sizes may be different than the kens gdp cut.
    if you want large buds... try white buffalo by king Klone, incredible bulk by dr. Krippling, or Moby dick by dinafem.
    you won’t be disappointed.
    4x4 600w HID empty for summer
    3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
    2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
    running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

• Twistedwienerdog
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Msnl gdp is late sweller.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X