No announcement yet.

The showdwon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can start anytime you like. Retodd and others are going to be growing outside so this wont be over until around October. So inside growers can veg longer if they like. It's only limited to your grow space if growing inside. Obviously outside has the advantage in space. So inside just grow like you normally do. My grow has popped out of the ground and is just waiting for space in the tent. I'm guessing it wont be moved to its home until probably may.
    You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

Just so you know Im growing OG Kush which I have never grown before. It will be new territory for me as far as the strain goes.
      You may win the race, but you pass all the best things in life on the way.

Comment

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        almost any strain is new for me so welcome to my way of growing Spidermite. Of course how difficult can it be? lol

Tangledtails Heres the competition.....even tho he spelled showdown wrong😂

Comment

• Spidermite
        Spidermite commented
        Editing a comment
        That was intentional.

Finally have a couple entries for the outdoor comp.
      Have a Gypsy Widow from Exotic seeds about 2 months old in a 5 gallon fabric pot that has recently been put outside much to its liking and just started an auto that will go into my biggest pot. a 10 gallon plastic with my own super soil. The Auto is a Double Grape x White Crack from Mephisto.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_185455_resized.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	305.0 KB
ID:	406316Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_185551_resized.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	650.0 KB
ID:	406317Click image for larger version

Name:	20200518_185603_resized.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	646.0 KB
ID:	406318

Comment

My granddaddy purple are still in their temp box on the porch till the rain lets up. It’s been every day and still daily for a week in the future. It’ll be one of them for the competition. Moms going to enter the grapefruit auto I have in front in my tent. She’ll grow it outside. That’ll leave me room in my small tent to train the two GSC. I topped the one on the left after the 6th set of nodes. The smaller one on the right has short stem and hasn’t been topped. I’m taking my time with them to see where they go. I started 2 for my neighbor for his first grow, a grapefruit and Big C. Only thing I’m keeping from his is the shake and leaves for this fall when I put everything together for a large batch of honey hash.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like a plan Retodd I love seeing your Mom's garden. I'm just done setting out my 4 photos which went into early flower so I did start 2 more photos seeds today just in case these don't revert back in time. I had to keep them in outside unheated unlighted green house and they flowered they were clones I took off GSC and OG kush it's a wait and see LOL

when do we need to enter this ,I have 2 sour patch kiss that are in 10 gallon pots moving to 25 gallon pots just as soon as They can be left outside
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey OJH, As far as I know this is an informal grow off. All are welcome to enter. Retodd and Spidermite are the evil masterminds behind this. Hope my plants make a decent showing for this.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          It all started because I said John could outgrow Spider. I told spider to start the page between them and I threw my hat in the ring. Now it’s just turning into everyone ole buddy. It’s a photo grow off. You can grow as many as you want, but only enter one at the end. Winner is whoever gets the most OZ per the plant they enter In the end. Spider is doing a OG Kush. I’m doing a granddaddy purple, and John is growing.........
          Mom is going to grow one of my autos outdoor, a grapefruit that’s already taking up my tent. I have a feeling we’re all going to be dealing with bud rot this year. Non stop rain so far in Kentucky.

Here’s the two GSC and grapefruit is in the front center.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I love the flux box

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Does still have that checked past now doesn’t it? Lol. Just sits on my porch anymore

had to bring the Gypsy Widow back inside under my Marshydro Blurple for a few days due to near frost temps. Will be back outside tomorrow as I had to finish my DIY spare parts greenhouse. really the only way we can grow outdoors here is with a greenhouse most years.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          John I bought a great green house for around 300 ,easy set up ,easy to take cover off before snow ,very happy with it if you want the info Pm me

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the thought OJH about the GH. I managed to build one from spare lumber and a roll of poly. Not perfect but will do the job. 4 hours taking my time in the warm sun. Having a bum shoulder still healing after surgery doesn't help either.

Best garden investment for changing weather now a days is a homemade or purchased greenhouse.
        Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
        indoor/outdoor grower
        1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
        Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
        Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Couldn't agree more budgal. We had moved here 3 years ago and it took me this long to get it built as the home and property needed a ton of upgrades done first.
          Finally have it done.

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm gettin the PVC today!

Here is the Gypsy Widow and a few tomato plants in their new home.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Perfect look lots of space I love it.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          What size bag are you using?
          I can’t wait to finally get mine in the ground!
          Yours looks like a auto tho

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Picked up a 15 gal fabric pot for the Gypsy widow and then started a bunch of clones from the cuttings. She looks real healthy.

Gypsy Widow set to germinate April 5th. 2 weeks later she was above ground finally. Here she is now in a 15 gal fabric pot.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_194443_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	639.9 KB ID:	412511
        Another Gypsy Widow photoperiod that was set to germ April 15th and also took about 12 days to crack open. She then sat there doing nothing after breaking ground until I transplanted it into a 5 gallon pot of good soil. Then a squirrel or bird took off the top cola and she split into 2. She is finally starting to grow again but is tiny.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_194455_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	414.7 KB ID:	412509
        Double Grape x White Crack Auto in a 10 gal pot of good soil with some coco/perlite added and a big dash of 4 year old compost. In the greenhouse as well.
        above ground May 21 so she could do well
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20200602_194448_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	743.5 KB ID:	412510
        Attached Files

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that widow should just take off anytime with all the good stuff in her soil Last year around this same time JohnEmad our young dog trapped a bird in the green house my fault I left door open and walked away. Hubby was yelling I ran over there and he'd knocked over several of my teens broke and bent up. I repotted tucked soil back in and they were good to go. Very tough plant once it gets it's roots pretty big.

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Last week I wondered why one plant wasn't as far under the light as I thought it could be so I pushed it forward into the next plant thinking a bit of crowding was all that was going to happen. I get about 2 inches closer to better lighting and the sticky ass flowering plant I was pushing up to falls off it's riser and drops about a foot to the floor, knocking a bunch of it's soil out and much more than I would like ended up stuck on the plant. I might actually have to wash a plant that was 100% bug and pesticide free it's entire grow.

LOL, Sounds like me growing. tripping over things and having a laugh at myself.
        They are starting to take off for sure. everyday i go have a look and see bigger plants. Love growing in soil and outdoors. Just seems like the right way to do things.. Think thats called natural.
        Last edited by JohnEmad; 06-03-2020, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Had plans on transplanting my granddaddy’s today,but nothing but frigging rain again! Note to self....don’t use blood meal this year. Last year one of my dogs uprooted 2 of my grapefruits. Bitch! The 3 are starving being in my little flux box. I’ve got a auto on the porch too waiting. My GSC are filling up my tent. I’m gonna go ahead and let them start their bloom. Lookin good John

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Retodd,
          We all seem to have challenges. Those dogs doin what dogs tend to do. lol. Hope the rain stops soon.

Two words for ya.... ‘Got Weed?’ 😂
        Attached Files

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Are they even into flower yet? Look nice and healthy and reaching for the light.

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Girl Scout cookies @Retodds I'll bring the coffee cause it's raining here also.

• Retodd
          Retodd commented
          Editing a comment
          Still in veg, not even close to flower yet. I don’t get high on my supply SoOrbudgal lmao

I posted these in growing trees but meant to post here these are my entry's 2 sour patch kiss girls,they are shaping up to be Monsters
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Well oldjarhead100 we expect nothing less that monsters from you. Serves ya right for growing in good soil and big pots

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          lol budgal.
          Plants are looking great.
          I think I am in the company of giants in the great outdoors.

I need to be in on this also 😆.
        This could be a good experience journey!
        if we have to October to be done. I will join in 2-3 weeks.
        with 5x Fat banana. (Of course only picking the best one of the 5)
        And one outdoor Amnesia Haze 😎
        Just because people are over 50 doesn’t mean they know everything.
        You can teach a old dog new tricks - But it will still think the old ways are the “best” lol

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X