Accidental FIM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accidental FIM?

Hi everyone! Its been a while since i posted but something funny happened last week. I dropped my temp/humidity gauge on my Columbian Gold Auto and i noticed i broke a 1/2 inch off of the top. A few days ago i noticed 3 main buds starting at the same height! I have been examinging it every few days and im pretty sure it was an accidental FIM that seemed to work! LOL The last picture is my tent. Its getting crowded but in a week or so the Gorilla Glue #4 Auto will be ready! These Auto's are tuff plants!Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1826 (2).JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.72 MB ID:	388262
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1828 (1).JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.43 MB ID:	388263
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1829.JPG Views:	0 Size:	2.78 MB ID:	388264
    Last edited by SmashGuitar; 03-26-2020, 01:45 PM.
    Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
    Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
    Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
    2 small 6" fans
    Promix HP
    GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Hello there and look what you did LOL. How fun I've done missed a few toppings like that and fimmed. Your tent looks great. I dig the yellowing it's my favorite time of the grow almost. I do enjoy the training but watching the finish is grand. Sure is a pretty plant.
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Hi SmashGuitar. Can’t stop a weed.

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha thats right Farmall I'm guessing thats why its called weed!

Maybe its the ruderalis genetics that make those autos tough? They are the most hardy cannabis plants because they've evolved in northern climates subject to more harsh weather conditions and they grow fast because the growing season in this climates is so short.
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

• SmashGuitar
      SmashGuitar commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense ZigZag. Whats to stop a storm or a branch falling from a near by tree damaging the ruderalis. It must survive for it to still be here.

From the research I've done it seems the ruderalis strain evolved in what is now the area around Kazakhstan and southern Russia....the dry, windy, climate and short growing season contributed to them evolving into short plants without many branches and maturation dependent on age rather than photoperiod. But genetics, especially trying to break down the linage for sativa, indica and ruderalis (as well as hemp), gets very convoluted because there are no written records of what was brought where and bred with what...since there are no written records of where the first cannabis plants evolved and where those seeds traveled and who grew them. About all that can be found through testing today is how close (or not)_ different cultivars (or strains) are related to each other and to other cultivars that have been tested. Its crazy now that there are over 16,000 different cultivars. Even Landrace strains are genetically similar to those from isolated areas of Afganistan or Thailand. The Landrace strains from Central and South America all originated from seeds brought to the America's in the early 1500's. Acapulco Gold and Columbian would be just two examples. No one really knows where the seed stock for those came from, only that once it got to the Americas the plants were only interbred with each other, introducing no additional genetics, and resulting in Landrace strains that evolved to the specific environmental conditions in those locations. Cheers!
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Hiya SmashGuitar Nice work. It's all in the name, "Fuck I Missed ! "

Comment

• SmashGuitar
        SmashGuitar commented
        Editing a comment
        Haha thats what i thought!

What a happy accident SmashGuitar ! Next time just close your eyes and give the gauge a toss in the tent, see what transpires. Maybe six buds instead of three? Nice lookin' grow, sir.

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a good one! But seriously these plants are pretty resilient. During a previous grow I was aggressively LST-ing a plant that I'd topped, then went to water it one day and it had split right down the middle! I nearly had a fit since I'd just put it in flower. But I just got some medical tape, taped up the split and then taped each main branch to a support and she grew right back together and harvested right on time with the others. Amazing, I've also been a little too aggressive when I've had to super crop an errant cola and ended taping that together too with no ill effects. As long as you don't stress the roots or leaves then they'll probably be just fine. Just make sure you have some tape on hand!

• SmashGuitar
        SmashGuitar commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks ChefSheri

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        That happens to my 2 yrs ago...Scotch Tape.... worked!

Yeah, Its amazing what physical damage these plants can recover from_ long as they don't get sick they heal fast. Always have tape on hand. They even have some tape thats made for plants but I haven't tried it yet. Couldn't get any at the grow store we have. I've had success timing damaged limbs to other branches or the "trunk" to help provide more support if necessary. Cheers!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X