• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO DWC Oxypot 2 xl doubts

Hi all, (first post, bad english)

So I left soil and starting my first DWC with oxypot 70 Lt
    Appreciate some insights:
    - Distance between water line and net pots for veg and flower, they are 12 days now and the water line its just touching the bottom of the net pot
    - having problems with mantaining Ph, and cause the ladies are about 12 days live (no huge root mass) cant understand how Ph flutuates so much one day to the other
    its being a pain in the ass, could it be to many O2 caused by 2 large stones?
    I put 2 girls in the same container, can I have some losses by the behavior of each plant with roots mixing together, Cause i see everyone puts one plant for container
    Something new for me to its vegging with 24 hr lights on, what you guys think what are the cons
    Really love to year from you guys

Hello welcome tropa I’m also a dwc grower
    I only use one air stone but air stones shouldn’t be your issue
    I keep my water touching bottom of net pot the whole time..
    mid I were you I would change the water 1 time per week check ph only when you change the water and add nutes.. check ph after you add nutes only.. if you have to add water add only plain ph water
    also where are you getting your water?
    try individual buckets instead of totes
    malaise I recommend either lights on 18hr or 20hrs.. I don’t see a big enough difference to have lights on all the time.. I also feel like the plants grow the most in the 6 hours of darkness

Comment

If you're using tap water, the airstones will aerate your water causing chlorine to dissolve which raises your pH. My water settles after about 24-36hrs. Also, what are you using to regulate pH? If you aren't already I would recommend something like General Hydroponics , they have buffers in their pH up and down products that keep your pH levels stabilized whereas something like distilled vinegar does not. As for water level, you can keep it right at the net pot but once the roots start to hit water you can lower it. I keep mine about 3-4in below the net pot, personal preference.
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

thanks guys
        Well I use tap water, Flora trio GWE and GHE Ph up and down, and still a fight to mantain, The same happens when I rest the water for 24-30 Hr, yesterday when I post here Ph was 5.2-5.3, today 6.8-6.9 damn
        Daskahn I already got these oxypots so I´ll maybe try one with 1 plant and other with 2 just for comparing
        About the light, lol well I just have to give it a go, I read some cool stuff and if I dont try it I will always have a bug like scratching in a corner of my mind heheheh
        So they are 12 days since jiffys (idk if jiffys are a problem for hidro) each oxypot has 400 wtt MH/HPS and I think I will follow nebulas manifold
        thnks guys

Comment

Howdy tropa, I'm on my ninth DWC hydro grow and from my experience I can tell You this;
          1. The pH will vary for the first couple of grows in plastic containers, It takes a while for the totes to 'cure' and for the pH to stabilize. Adjust the water to the 6,0 (+/- 0.5) when changing out the water and nutrients. At the mid feed top off, test the pH of the reservoir water and adjust the pH of the fill water as needed. If the reservoir tests at 5.5 then adjust the fill water to 6.5, but never out of the range of 5.5 to 6.5.
          2. Keep the reservoir water temperature below 70° F, but no lower than 60° F. I use ice bottles, changed out as needed. I am using six gallon totes and a one quart ice bottle will keep the temperature down for 4 to 6 hours. I also insulation around the reservoirs.
          3. Keep out ALL light from the reservoirs, I even cover the Hydrotron pebbles with aluminum foil and resist opening up the reservoir to 'check things out' only open when needed.
          4. keep the water well aerated and keep the level at least one inch below the bottom of the net pots. I use top feed lines, placed at the bottom of the rockwool cubes to aide early root development. I am using four 2 inch X 4 inch air stones in each six gallon reservoir.
          I hope that this information helps You in growing endeavor.
          Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Very well said dw2

• RagWeedDWC
            RagWeedDWC commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep have to agree, I had a heck of a time with GH nutrients keep PH steady, never really got on top of it, but had some great grows using those nutes.

• LurkingInTheGrass
            LurkingInTheGrass commented
            Editing a comment
            AGREE - reservoir temperatures have caused me more than one headache/heartache

DW2 appreciate that
          all things you said i got it controlled but Ph is getting on my nerve lol
          3 more questions:
          - this oxypot are 70 Lt Reservoir: 79cm (l) x 47cm (w) x 29.5 (h) do you think it can handle 2 girls?
          You think by using Jiffys I could end up with organics in the water causing me troubles?
          - and whats your views on veg with 24 Hr light

Guys glad to hear your opps I really want this to work cause the logistics are so much better then soil
          If you can spare some links/journal of this kind of grows appreciate, Am still exploring the forum so...
          already read nebulas tutorial on the page they are great, think she´s great
          thks guys

Comment

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            tropa, I have grown up to five plants in my 6 gallon (22.746 L) reservoirs, but they do seem to go better when there are only two or three plants in them. I would think that Your 70 L reservoir (18.46 gallon) should be able to take care of up to 9 or 10 plants. Are Your plants in separate containers fed by the single reservoir, or are the plants grown directly in the reservoir (as a Bubbleponics setup)? I am using the Bubbleponics type of setup (a 10 gallon tote using 6 gallons of water).
            I use the rockwool cubes just to keep out any unwanted organic material that might decay and cause problems. I have not ever tried to run the lights for 24 hours because in my opinion (no scientific data to support this) the plants, just like humans and other critters, need their 'sleep' time for proper function. The plants do transpire water during the dark period and some cellular functions probably take place during the dark period. I do understand the plants grow in the 'land of the midnight sun', but it just seems more natural (to me) for the plants to get some dark period, other wise light leaks during the growing period would not adversely affect the plants photo cycle.

• tropa
            tropa commented
            Editing a comment
            hey DW2, am using the one above in the pic their using the same reservoir with 2 balls as airstones, as it is it takes 25 Lt at 1 inch of pots, when I reverse the lid will take 50-55 lt
            well about the Jiffys is to late now I will have to give it extra attention damn
            Using Flora trio roots complex and Silica and followinh Daskahn
            see how it goes

• DW2
            DW2 commented
            Editing a comment
            tropa, I'm using the GH MaxiGrow and MaxiBloom (dry nutrients) along with the supplements FloraNector, DiamondNector, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, and Armor Si. As a preventative measure I have been using 1 1/2 ml/gal of the FloraShield (a plant safe disinfectant) to help keep down the root rot. I have not needed the CALiMAGic as the local water supply is very hard.
            Good luck with Your grow!

Hey tropa here’s my current dwc.. journal
          Hello everyone! Welcome back to the show. So after being inspired by a few really good growers Ive decided to write a journal. So here grows! This grow will consist of two strains in three styles totaling four plants 2 caramelicious and 2 amnesia haze auto the two caramelicious will be quadlined, first leaving nodes 2-3 and

I can explain the dwc process more if you like.. I mainly use dwc have for years now

Comment

Hi hope you well,
            any idea about QB Leds

for a tote with 2 plants what specs should I search for this qb leds
            I found this well rated company

But they have a lot of QB and it is confuse cause they have same models diferent prices
            Really dont know what to search:
            for 2 plants, watts, ppfd (max min), Lm/w, light source..

cheers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X