Contemplating Auto Infanticide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contemplating Auto Infanticide

I'm at days 18/17 of my first grow. I have two Royal Cheese autos that are doing quite well and either a Northern Light or AK auto that is flourishing too. My remaining plant is languishing. I'm not certain which is which because of my hectic moving schedule, I didn't adequately label them. So, I have either a Northern Light or AK auto that isn't doing so hot.

My question to you, dear forum members: Should I remove the runt? Autos have such a short timeline, would it give my healthy plants more room to spread? As always, thank you for your time and consideration!
    A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

I would try and grow it out - might surprise you.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Try to keep it alive, it looks like each one is in a differing stage of something, not necessarily a nitrogen deficiency but it looks like something is slowly getting to them.
      Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
      sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
      4 plants currently under 500w
      2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
      GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
      Happy growing/consuming 🥴
      Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Originally posted by Jordann View Post
        Try to keep it alive, it looks like each one is in a differing stage of something, not necessarily a nitrogen deficiency but it looks like something is slowly getting to them.
        Actually, they're recovering from me keeping them in Solo cups too long.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          Good, they should be fine and bounce back in no time, just monitor and do the usual.

I'd like to share an update and thank @Canuk147 and Jordann. It's day 35/34 for my girls and my "runt" is now a 20" tall sativa of some kind. My first crop is a Seedsman Christmas freebie group of four - presumably all autos. Similar to my surprise sativa, I may have a photoperiod or two. The sativa and one other are obviously in flower, the other two, we'll see.

I'm grateful for the advice I got. The sativa continues to display some sort of deficiency but is the tallest of the bunch. Because of its difficulties, I haven't done much in the way of defoliation or training.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by BR2K; 04-03-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Ya know BR2K I've got one in my outdoor tent looks like your sicko one. Here's what I've figured out...mine were clones I did myself and veg indoor under small t-5 after they rooted pretty well indoor, I transplanted to a 1gal. stuck it in outdoor tent without preparing it for temp flux all of mine were done this way do to space. Now there's a heater in there and 2 450 vipars but just on the veg. cycle. Temps stayed way under 80f lows overnight low 60's. I'm thinking mine were not ready to go under the intense lighting plus it was warm and only veg light so it stretched like mad like yours looks.

I may have hermis during summer grow guess i'll find out. Mine was I think too tender to be out in this cold and warm dryed the leaf? Anyhoo she's OK i'm just caring for it like the rest. Good luck to ya

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks SubOrbudgal. Being my first grow, I'm fascinated with this process. Since the other plants are fine, you may be correct. I also wonder whether the GH Trio formula isn't perfect for my sativa. In any case, I'm basically just along for the ride in my sativa's life. I'm hopeful she'll produce a few grams of bud. If so, I'll be satisfied.

11 April, 2020 1000 hrs (Day 43/42) - The Sativa (Day 42) is really starting to glisten with trichomes, quite exciting. The other plants, while all but one have pistals, don't have any discernable trichomes themselves. I just tested white vinegar, as a substitute for PH down. If I don't receive my shipment in time, I may have to punt. I'll likely have to use substantially more, as 1/4 tsp in a large coffee cup filled with water put the PH to an acceptable level. Nothing really new with Ichi-bon. Still no real flowering.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          Your above comment about the GH flora trio. Once I get out of Solo cups I went full strength plus for about 6 weeks till I had a few burnt tips then I backed off to half so the burn didn't move any deeper into the leaves. I guess different plants like more or less food but I push till I find the limit then run the limit till I get where I think I'm. A month from harvest then I cut it off completely and just do pH water with quarter strength cal mag and molasses till I chop em down. Glad you decided to keep it. Some of my worst starters were the best finishers, depending on the space I have for them. It looks good in your pic above.

Originally posted by BR2K View Post
        11 April, 2020 1000 hrs (Day 43/42) - The Sativa (Day 42) is really starting to glisten with trichomes, quite exciting. The other plants, while all but one have pistals, don't have any discernable trichomes themselves. I just tested white vinegar, as a substitute for PH down. If I don't receive my shipment in time, I may have to punt. I'll likely have to use substantially more, as 1/4 tsp in a large coffee cup filled with water put the PH to an acceptable level. Nothing really new with Ichi-bon. Still no real flowering.
        Yeah, I just followed GWE's recommendations. I'm a total noob, basically along for the ride for my first grow. While it's true I've topped a couple, I screwed up on one topping. Didn't even FIM. I've also been defoliating but that's about it. As I gain experience I'll experiment a little more.

Comment

• Jordann
          Jordann commented
          Editing a comment
          Been there, let it teach you. They can come back from alot of problems. Just keep keeping on.

Mother Nature likes to throw surprises.. from time to time my runt actually turns out to be the home run so keep her growing

Comment

• BR2K
          BR2K commented
          Editing a comment
          I originally planned on starting three or four photoperiods (Laughing Buddha, Acapulco Gold and Zombie Death Fuck) yesterday. My current grow necessitates an alteration. I'm starting one LB and one AG. I want elbow room that I don't have with four plants. I am simply dazed and amazed at how much fun this is!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X