Living soil/Organic soil only Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Living soil/Organic soil only Thread

For now I’m growing in solo cups. I will be amending my 20 gallon pots this week. The strain is Tangerine Dream form Humboldt Seeds. I was going with 2 plants 1 for each 20 gal. 1 turned out to be a tri leaf so I germinated another one. The tri leaf I may grow it outside not sure I just don’t want it indoors because deformities and weak links are prone to pests and bound to be unsuccessful. Here are some pics of the babies.

I have a question these were freebies from Nirvana. They been in flower for 14 weeks but I still see white pistils growing and they’re still gaining weight a bit. Anyone have any idea what strain or if I should let them keep going. There are 2 plants here one bigger nugs than the other. Looks weird not sure what to do maybe it’s just foxtails and I need to chop her down? Looks like sativas? Pistils started showing after 2 weeks so it’s been 12 weeks from that point. Any suggestions are welcome, the the thrics look to be getting cloudy but not sure my magnifying glass sucks.

Comment

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Boy howdy Cali she's foxtailing for sure. Yes I agree looking sativa you sure did a good job but sometimes those just don't turn amber you may of missed the cutoff point but who knew if you couldn't see the trichs change?? I've had a couple plants do this throw out hairs again and expecially foxtail could be too hot for her to close to the light? I don't know 12wks in flower seems good but she may go longer still? If you got the room you could let her go longer.

Like I said I've had this happen they try and reproduce like restart after a certain point if left longer past harvest peak.

I adopted a Silver Surfer seedling just over a month ago, plopped her into a smart pot reusing some "old" Sohum and she's taking off like a rocket.
      ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

oldjarhead100 Quick update. Transplanted to my 20 gallon pot. Added my Blumat system, hope to dial it in to keep optimum moisture levels in my soil. The plants took a small hit (I neglect them) before transplant so I had to take some leafs off so to me they look the same or just a bit bigger than the first pics. I told drssed with a couple tablespoons of minerals and dry amendments, plus I decide to take out all my soil and mix it all up again to add pumice rock for extra aeration. Old jar head this is for you, to answer your question about rootballs in the soil, well there wasn’t as much as I thought there would be so my guess is the worms and microbiology in the soil do a good job at breaking down the roots.

Comment

Quick update. Been having the same issue as usual I think. Overwatering. So what happened is I overwatered the soil before I transplanted so I stunted a couple of the girls. Nothing was happening on one pot but the other girl has been doing good. Looks like I’m back on track and making sure I don’t overwater. Another mistake I did was defoliating the stunted plants. Here are some pics in order so we can see the progress of any.

Comment

Comment

Just to compare how tall they are compared to each other

Comment

And these are from today. There is one clear winner but looks like the other 2 are going to catch up hopefully.

Comment

Here is what they look like now slowly getting better. It’s in order from smal medium and large. I topped the big one hopefully the other 2 catch up before I flip them. No issues. I may have slightly burned the baby one. After it started showing signs of growth I water them with an alfalfa/kelp tea and soap nuts, sure seem to help with stress. Now they are nice and green and branching out.
                  Last edited by Cali; 04-15-2020, 03:42 PM.

Comment

For the newbies that wonder about seed germinating methods this is how I do mine. All I do is soak a rock wool cube then I swing some of the water out so it’s not soaking wet when I put the seed in. After I do that I close the hole and then I just push the seed in just barely past the rock wool I then cover it by rubbing some of the rock wool over the barely submerged seed in talking maybe an 1/8 deep to 1/4 max. After that I just put in ziplock bag and rest it on top of my internet box as shown on the pic. The heat of the box works as a heat mat and also helps create all that moisture needed to help the seeds sprout. So far I’ve had 💯 succes rate. This time it’s a bit different because these are seeds I got from hermie plants so let’s see if they all germinate usually it takes 3 days I’ll report back in 3 and see where they are.

Comment

Looks like one is ready to pop it’s head out. One of the newer seeds maybe has to do a lot with germinating quicker. Pics tomorrow if they all pop out by then. The 2 new seeds aurora and the older ones are papaya

Comment

I just love using living soil and I am trying something different for me. I have some 35 year old seeds I found in my closet. I’ve tried to germinate them a few months back but after 10 days... they just turned black. With a bit of reading, I’ve found this may help. It’s gibberellic acid at a 100 ppm concentration for about 24 hour soak and another method using humid acid. I REALLY want this to work. That weed was so darn good especially that is was 35 yrs ago. Have you ever had to resort to crazy shit to get them to pop? Any other ideas?

by the way Cali, it’s amazing what overwatering really is and how little it takes to actually be overwatered. Took me a long time to realize this. The effects are not noticed until many many weeks later

Comment

Farmall I don’t have much experience with germinating old seeds. I know this fulvic acid is good for that, I read somewhere a recipe using this but can’t find it. This pic is from buildasoil.com on the description it says good for revitalizing seeds. They also have good reads in their blog section. Hope that helps.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like the older seed Papaya was the winner. First one out.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X