Male or female pistles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male or female pistles?

Greetings, do these pistles look male or female?
    thoughts? Concerns? Anything helps! ✌️
    Details and pictures are below:

i am a new grower that’s looking to make my first harvest soon. Overall everything looks ok to me but there hasn’t been any bud growth? Plant is 7 weeks old (3rd week of flowering. Early/mid stage level of nutrients). I am now certain that the plant is female after recently learning you can judge by the pistles but is concerning there hasn’t been any flower growth. Been told it’s potentially lack of light. I have a 150w HPS lamp. Looking to get a 1000w hps/mh lamp very soon and perhaps gather additional nutrients to help the blooming stage. I feel like everything is ok but it’s just been a very slow process mostly due to the lighting. It’s 20” tall, 24” wide in a 7 gal pot. Medium is happy frog. All nutrients are General Hydroponics: bloom, diamond nectar, armor si, and rapid start. Water is always pH’ed and aerated.
    thanks again!
    Attached Files

I might have seen the odd ball on the first couple pics but give em abit more time before you chop anything down
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      What kind of seeds are they? If they are regular seeds (potential to be male or female) then is that the only seed you planted? If it was a feminized seed then it should be female and will show little white hairs soon. Yes, you will need more light if possible when she starts pushing the buds. I agree with Jordann, if there are no others plants that you are trying to keep from being pollinated give it some more time and post some more pics later. Very nice looking plant. Good job!

• Mass117
      Mass117 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s sweet & savory. Offspring of gorilla glue and dosidos-x. It’s my first and only plant. Seed Was found within the left over shake my friend got from his dispensary

Oh dear dear dear I can't
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Can’t what? On a different note, I’m curious as to the cultivar with yellow leaves and lavender buds posted as your avatar. Looks so good!

• Jordann
      Jordann commented
      Editing a comment
      Can't tell you it's male and to chopper

Thank you for the fast responses! It’s my first and only plant. It’s a ‘sweet & savory’ strain of seed. Offspring of gorilla glue and dosidos-x. 90% indica. Flowering: 60-63 days. This seed was found within the left over shake my friend had from his dispensary that of which was Sweet & savory which is where the strain details come from

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Good info. Thanks. If that was the only seed found good chance it will be a female although it may have slight hermaphroditic tendencies. Since you have no other plants to protect from pollination at this time I would grow it out and see if it buds. If it’s a hermie, you can still get some good smoke. In the meantime, score some more seeds and get them started. If they are feminized seeds start 2-3. If they are regular seeds, male and female, start 5-6, grow them a bit, and thin them out until you get the best 2-3 to grow out for bud. I’d rather have too many plants and then pick the best then have 1-2 and lose them to disease or wrong sex.

Put some more seeds in the ground
    Vegging 4 aurora indica, waiting on seeds. Got eyes on a 4x8x8 tent.
    sp150x2 philz330 and Philz 100x2
    4 plants currently under 500w
    2 x opulent systems 4x4x80 tents and a 24x40x48 baby box.
    GH full line of nutes+calmag and my molasses sugar brown sugar liquid mix at 30ml per liter.
    Happy growing/consuming 🥴
    Space is at a premium when you're growing premium in space 😁

Comment

Hey guys, hope all is well. Here’s an update but I now have flowering growing! Lots of hairs all over. I honestly think there’s not even any male sites despite the possibility of it being Herm.

Comment

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        Looks good to me

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X