No announcement yet.

JohnEmad grows HSO's FF Green Crack & OGKZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, the size of those leaves are fantastic. Beautiful plants!
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

Hey grow neighbors, Day 35 and things are under control I think. April 16th noticed some yellow/browning and spotting happening fairly quickly to both sets of plants using Mantis and Remo nutes. I went through things and decided to flush all the plants with RO water ph'd to 5.5. The runoff tested at 7.1/7.2. I continued until it read 5.9/6.0. Then I watered through with a weak nutrient solution.
      Things have stabilized and I now assume I was feeding too strong a diet to the girls. Was at 1.4 EC for the bigger Mantis fed plants and 1.6 EC for the Remo fed plants. lowered the Mantis to 1.2 and the Remo to 1.4 Now that they are looking better I will wait a short while to make sure all is good and then flip the light schedule to 12/12.

Here are the latest pics.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200421_155334_resized.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	868.8 KB
ID:	397603Click image for larger version

Name:	20200421_155346_resized.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	855.9 KB
ID:	397604Click image for larger version

Name:	20200421_155502_resized.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	722.6 KB
ID:	397605Click image for larger version

Name:	20200421_155350_resized.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	900.7 KB
ID:	397606Click image for larger version

Name:	20200421_155357_resized.jpg
Views:	329
Size:	743.9 KB
ID:	397607Click image for larger version

Name:	20200421_155509_resized.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	699.2 KB
ID:	397608

Comment

Day 41 and things are progressing nicely. Temps steady at 20/28C, RH 35/55%,
        The Mantis nutrient plants on the left are much larger but a lighter green color. Once mixed it holds it's ph and the solution is almost clear with zero buildup of any kind.
        The FF Green Crack is 2 ft tall and leaving the others in the dust height wise so I supercropped it and flipped them all to 12/12. Let the flowering begin. FF OGKZ is 18" tall and very wide. So far real happy with Mantis.
        The plants on Remo Nutes are slightly smaller but very healthy and very bushy with tighter nodes. Have to adjust ph down with Remo every 3rd day or more and there is always a slight sludge buildup.
        Gave all the plants a heavy defoliation as they were super bushy.
        Real impressed so far with the HSO Fast Flowering plants. Growth is fast and plants are healthy. Except for the one plant they are looking stable in growth patterns.
        The Bruce Banger has caught up enough I was comfortable putting it into flower as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_090541_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	791.3 KB ID:	399152Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_090552_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	821.5 KB ID:	399153Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_090559_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	595.6 KB ID:	399154Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_090615_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	619.6 KB ID:	399155Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_090622_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	705.7 KB ID:	399156Click image for larger version  Name:	20200427_090648_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	612.8 KB ID:	399157

Comment

This is an awesome grow.. I’m reading along I’m very curious about the thc bomb.. I know you have an auto.. I have a regular I was planning on starting soon

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks daskahn
            I will post on the THC bomb soon.
            Others here have grown them and a search will show you the grows.

I once grew THC bomb from bomb seeds long time ago. Don't ask me if I liked the smoke as of coarse I don't remember JohnEmad what are your fast flowering plants? Are they a strain that's kinda in-between auto&photo ? What is the name please of these seeds? And fella you got some very healthy looking gals going there well done
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi @SoOrbudgal,
            You are correct Fast Flowering is a title given to some of the new strains by Humbolt Seed Org. and others are following suit. They crossed a male auto to a female photo to achieve a fast flowering photo.
            Buy Fast Flowering OGKZ! ✓PURE and GENUINE Genetics from California✓ FREE cannabis seeds with your purchase! - ✓SAFE Shipping

Buy Fast Flowering Green Crack! ✓PURE and GENUINE Genetics from California✓ FREE cannabis seeds with your purchase! - ✓SAFE Shipping

They can be ready for harvest in 44 to 50 days from the start of flowering. This could be a great choice for the outdoor grower not wanting mold issues in the late fall when things get cool and damp.
            HSO offered some free testers so I was able to get 5 of each.
            I love the cannabis world as there are so many free samples of things out there.
            Reminds me of how passing a joint or pipe was usually a shared group thing and no one seemed to care too much about the cost.
            If ya got it light it up and enjoy. pass it down.

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Just out of curiosity got any pointers on how to get some of those free testers?

Freakin awesome JohnEmad love to see the growth and yield of these. Man this is great news for sure. Good for you and look forward to seeing these fast photo strains. Thank you

indoor/outdoor grower
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Day 47 and all plants are showing pistils. The MH SP250's appear to be enough light in the 4x4 tent although flowering will tell the end of the story.
            Started the 2 HSO plants using Remo nutes on the flowering formula at an EC of 1.8 and ph-5.7. both the FF Green Crack & FF OGKZ are close to 16" in height.
            The FF Green Crack & FF OGKZ on Mantis Buffered nutes are 2ft and 19 " tall.
            The Bruce Banger (also on Mantis) is about 12" tall and will be a nice addition to the HSO family.
            Only doing some defoliation of certain sets of fan leaves but will do a heavy defol in a couple weeks. Real happy with things so far.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey JohnEmad how much you figure these fast growers are growing per day in inches or have they began the stretch yet? They are looking really good very lush

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi SoOrbudgal,
              They haven't started the stretch yet but I expect it to begin soon. There is about 2 ft of head room so hope they stay in that zone. Hope these new lights do the job for flowering.

Day 55 and Day 12 of flowering. temps steady between 18.5 nights/29C days. RH-36 / 49%.
            Gave all the plants a decent defoliation. Dropped the rh by 10% or more.
            Plants on Mantis: OGKZ 26" tall and suppercropping to keep it lower, GC is 19" and healthy, BB is 14".
            Plants on Remo: OGKZ 17" and also supercropped, GC 16" tall.
            Buds are starting to form and growth is starting to pick up. have the lights at 20-22 inches.
            Hoping these fast flowering plants both finish fast and produce some nice flower. Only the OGKZ on Mantis showing any stress from the much earlier ph swing. She has come back around and wants to grow real tall.

Comment

• NickyChicks
              NickyChicks commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking super healthy, beautiful

A garden of pure beauty

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing like a tent full of healthy flowering plants.
              Thanks for positive comments

Day 19 of flowering with buds starting to build. Did a large defol 4 days ago. Lights at 19-20 inches above canopy.
            Temps between 20-29C. RH - 34 to 46%. Both reservoirs have ph - 5.8. Mantis ppm 800. Remo ppm - 1000. No ph swings in Remo nute solution as I cut down the amount of Velo kelp added.
            Mantis fed plants: GC height is under control and 27" tall. OGKZ 17" tall. Looking healthy and building flowers. Bruce banger is 15" tall and super green compared to the rest and the only plant in a fabric pot.
            Remo fed plants: Though they started slower then the Mantis fed the growth rate of all plants is about even now.
            GC 17" tall. OGKZ 16" tall. Again the flowers are starting to build and things look healthy.
            Supercropping last week worked well and I expect some good growth all around as the stretch continues.

Comment

• swegrow
              swegrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Those look fantastic! I see autopot system om the plastic pots, do you use it on the fabrics aswell?

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey swegrow, I just picked up an autopot xl base that can hold a 5 gallon fabric pot. Will be running a comparison between fabric vs plastic starting next week. I will tag you when it starts.

• swegrow
              swegrow commented
              Editing a comment
              JohnEmad Looking forward to follow along, thanks mate!

Day 26 of flowering and things are building nicely. temps steady at 27C, RH at 45%.
            The stretch appears to be over so now it's watch Things fatten up and gain more frost.
            Mantis fed - GC is definitely showing 2 different phenos as this one stretched more with leafier flowers and less tops.
            OGKZ is spread out nicely with many tops. I cut out a pile of lower buds and some fan leaves earlier in the week to open thing up more.
            Remo fed - GC the flowers on this pheno are looking great. Large and building well. More tops then the other one and looking good.
            OGKZ is also a well balanced plant and needed that selected leaf and branch cutting to open her up as well.
            Flowering should be close to half done and I am seeing nice size already with lots of trichs. Real excited to see the finish.

Last in the tent but not least is the Bruce Banger in a fabric pot. Feeding this one Mantis Nutes and she is so dark green (could be the fabric pots adding more oxygen) and showing nice frost as well but is not quite half done flowering.
            Thanks for stopping by.
            Last edited by JohnEmad; 05-24-2020, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• ocgreen
              ocgreen commented
              Editing a comment
              Looking good man 🔥🍁

• JohnEmad
              JohnEmad commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, starting to get a strong smell too and i can't reach in without getting a little sticky now.

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I will crawl through a weed forest anytime LOL ( except if I gotta carry a 20lb jug of water ) I bet it's like fly paper sticky heehee.

Lots of flower in there...lookin' good.
            Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
            Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
            Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Day 33 Things look good except for the 1 GC on Mantis. I have had problems with fan leaves slowly browning and dying almost all grow. Tried a reset with a flush but not cured. Will finish her up but I didn't get this one corrected.
              The OGKZ on Mantis is looking real nice and building flowers and frost. Both at full strength nutes.
              The Remo plants are both building flowers nicely. Feeding at 3/4 strength.
              temps and RH in basically good ranges.
              Bruce Banger will be a couple weeks behind the HSO girls but is already super frosty. She likes her living quarters.
              MH lights are doing a fine job and glad I moved the Drivers outside the tent as we are having a mini heat wave.
              Mantis GC & OGKZ

Name:	20200531_182845_resized.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	976.0 KB
ID:	411835Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_182956_resized.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	704.0 KB
ID:	411836Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_182856_resized.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	731.4 KB
ID:	411837
              Remo OGKZ & GC

Name:	20200531_182909_resized.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	681.6 KB
ID:	411838Click image for larger version

Name:	20200531_182923_resized.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	713.3 KB
ID:	411839
              BB lovin life.

Name:	20200531_182936_resized.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	635.0 KB
ID:	411840

Comment

• golfnrl
                golfnrl commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice. Good looking grow. I understand about the lone plant with problems. I have one that I am concerned about as well.

Day 40 flowering and things are building real nice pistils have started to turn brown almost overnight.
              Temps 18-32C, RH 30-60%.
              Mantis fed - FFGC is looking good in spite of the stresses. Won't be a big yielder but I twill take the heat for that one.
              - FFOGKZ She is a healthy plant and has done real well. Flowers look and smell great.
              Remo fed - FFGC Love the way she is filling out.
              - FFOGKZ Lots of tops and building daily.
              They are racing to the finish and building fast now. Drinking lots and smelling strong,
              The BB is one frosty and dark green plant. She will be a few weeks longer then the others by the look of things.
              I love this time in the grows.
              till next week.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Great finish love the 9 finger leaf frosty growing

Looks good!
              Auto/Photo Tent: Gorilla 2x4x7'11", HLG 350R, Infinity 4" w/Carbon Filter, Autopot system, Coco 50/50 perlite: Ace Seeds fem photo Purple Haze x Malawi x 2 Seeds dropped 2-2-24
              Photo Tent: Gorilla 4x4x7'11" HLG Scorpion R, Infinity 6” w/Carbon Filter, Coco 50/50 perlite, Autopot system: 100% Sativa Ace Seeds Malawi x 4
              Nutrients: CX Horticulture - full line for both tents

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X