No announcement yet.

In THe NEWS... Corona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright folks heres a question for all y'all. It's the start of mosquito season here, how many of you think they can spread this virus?

Comment

A couple of the side effects are the loss of smell and taste. Of course the other stuff, too. But imagine not being able to smell your grow! Imagine not having that taste of berries! I'm not going to say any more because I might sound like I'm downplaying C-19.
    More elephant!

Coco/perlite
    3x3x6
    Nutes
    CalMag

Comment

Starting to go back to work in Vermont. New recommendations just arrived in my email

"
      MANDATORY HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL BUSINESS OPERATIONS

All businesses must follow Vermont Department of Health and CDC guidelines:
      • Employees shall not report to, or be allowed to remain at, work or job site if sick or symptomatic (with fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath).
      • All employees must observe strict social distancing of 6 feet while on the job.
      • Employees must wear non-medical cloth face coverings (bandanna, scarf, or non-medical mask, etc.) over their nose and mouth when in the presence of others. In the case of retail cashiers, a translucent shield or “sneeze guard” is acceptable in lieu of a mask.
      • Employees must have easy and frequent access to soap and water or hand sanitizer during duration of work, and handwashing or hand sanitization should be required before entering, and leaving, job sites. All common spaces and equipment, including bathrooms, frequently touched surfaces and doors, tools and equipment, and vehicles must be cleaned and disinfected at the beginning, middle and end of each shift and prior to transfer from one person to another.
      • No more than 2 people shall occupy one vehicle when conducting work.
      BUSINESS CUSTOMER & GENERAL PUBLIC MASK USE

Customers, and the public in general, is encouraged to wear cloth face coverings any time they are interacting with others from outside their household.
      PHASED RESTART

Business operations deemed “essential” may continue to operate under pre-existing guidance with the addition of the mandatory health and safety requirements for all business operations above.
      To safely reopen certain operations impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak and not defined as essential, Governor Scott has directed the Agency of Commerce — in consultation with the Department of Health and the Department of Public Safety — to authorize, subject to mandatory health and safety requirements listed above and additional guidance below, the following:

Phase 1: Effective April 20, 2020

1.1 Outdoor Businesses & Construction Operations
      • Those who exclusively or largely work outdoors (such as civil engineering, site work, exterior construction, skilled trades, public works, energy and utility work, mining, forestry, environmental monitoring, landscaping, painting, tree work, parks maintenance, delivery work, etc.) may resume operations with a maximum of 2 total workers per location/job.
      • Interior construction may occur in unoccupied structures, adhering to social distancing standards, with no more than 2 workers maintaining social distance between them whenever possible.
      • Supporting services that were not previously deemed essential may resume operations with the minimum number of employees necessary to support curbside pick-up and delivery services; adherence to the mandatory health and safety requirements and compliance with 1.2 below required.
      1.2 Retail Operations (clarifying existing guidance)
      • Retailers, including those that operate in an outdoor setting, may conduct limited operations such as curbside pick-up, delivery services, and warehouse or distribution operations in support of curbside, or delivery.
      • All orders must occur over the phone or online; no in-store transactions are allowed at this time.
      • Only the minimum number of employees necessary to support curbside pick-up and delivery services are allowed at any one store, site, or location.
      1.3 Low or No Contact Professional Services
      • Services operating with a single worker (such as appraisers, realtors, municipal clerks, attorneys, property managers, pet care operators, and others) may operate if they can comply with the mandatory health and safety requirements listed above, with no more than 2 persons (service provider and client) present at one time.
      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

Here in CT we are starting to also. Our shop is actually increasing hours starting tomorrow. I think it's way too early and really irresponsible. Work in the archery dept for a big box shop. Gun dept is keeping the store open. Finally getting ammo in. Still only 50 people in the store at one time. 100 starting tomorrow. Selfish and greedy corporate decision. Too close to NYC. Half our customers come from NY.

Comment

It personally think it is pre-mature. So many unknown variables. It’s like a ball in a pinball machine: as it bounces around every thing it touches has been .. impacted

Comment

• Bowhunterwoody
            Bowhunterwoody commented
            Editing a comment
            Totally agree!

• GreenState
            GreenState commented
            Editing a comment
            I think people need to take personal responsibility for their own actions...regardless of what governments say.

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            They just restarted the hospitals (the 24th) taking other folks instead of just C19, the hospitals are complaining it is to soon. I agree it is to soon, but I am placing my bet on the money making end, the all mighty dollar will win.

I'm not American but I do know and have family in the states and I don't like talking politics for this reason ..if your under the age of 19 don't watch this due to the language.

Comment

A note for all those that think the LEOs have their hands full. Several departments had time to get together and drive by a child's home (it was a very long line) with lights and sound affects to wish him a happy BD. IF they have time to do this, they have time to watch us!

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              We just need to keep 'em busy with birthday drive-bys.

• oldjarhead100
              oldjarhead100 commented
              Editing a comment
              do you think they want to have any more interaction with the public than they absolutely have to

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL FBL I agree!
              OJH as much as they dont want anything to do with us, they are arresting folks. Like the dumb gal that coughed and sneezed on them, straight to jail with terrorism charges. Will she do that again?
              I am just sayin keep it discrete!

Got called back to work on 4/20. Wtf. Apparently the manufacture of school busses for the 2021 school year is essential. Yeah, I said 2021.

Comment

• Toker1
              Toker1 commented
              Editing a comment
              2021 because of inspections, or due to the volume of busses in need?

• StillHigh1982
              StillHigh1982 commented
              Editing a comment
              Both of those are issues but mainly because they all travel to huge bus dealerships and most are subsidized by the fed and all that has to happen on a schedule.

• StillHigh1982
              StillHigh1982 commented
              Editing a comment
              A schedule that moves at the pace of a bureaucratic sloth.

I hate to say it, but if things dont start moving, we are in trouble. Texas oil hit $-40 a barrel, ya they had to pay to get rid of it! Here in OK if gas is below $2 a gallon jobs are being lost, drilling stops, and the state is short on tax funds..

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              It got down to $0.99 here in Oklahoma for a while.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              That 99 cent fuel has reached Tulsa, all my cans are full as is the auto (already)! I wish I had a 1000 gallon tank!

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Haha...said the same thing. Filled my #2 heating oil tank 430 gallon @$1.53.... compared the several years ago, I stole it... told the oil man I wish I had another 500 gallon tank

I just heard that Corona may be spread through passing gas! Lol https://nypost.com/2020/04/20/can-th...through-farts/
            Now my wife has a legit reason to complain about my farts, i mean it was the dog farting not me lol
            Vivosun 2 X 4 X 5 grow tent
            Viparspectra 450W and 300W LED
            Vivosun 4" inline duct fan with carbon scrubber
            2 small 6" fans
            Promix HP
            GH Flora Trio with CalMag

Comment

I understand the need to get this country up and running, if we dont the economy will crash and hard (the way I see it the food chain is almost broken now). But I also see there is not enuf tests to keep folks safe. So my thought is get the tests available (and I mean for everyone), then start opening jobs back up. IMHO if we dont have those tests, and use them, we will be asking for more deaths.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                Rwise I have been cooped up since March ,I am in a high risk group so I pay very close attention so I wont contract it ,so what exactly will a test do for me ,I know i'm cvd19 free , and yes I have trouble with the people that dont wear masks and gloves , there was an elderly lady(I'm 62) at the grocery store the other day, the store stopped the deli counter they pre cut 1/2 pound of all their deli meat/cheese and have them where you can see labels ,well she has no gloves and shes moving packages around looking for a certain type of baloney about 10 min she did this , I ended up walking away without saying a word but I really wanted to bitch slap her and say WTF do you think your doing . ignorant is all she was but ignorance will get you killed with this virus

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                oldjarhead100 what that test would do for us is let the workers test as they want or need to. only to help with controlling the spreed of it. And IF I was still n the job market I would demand it! But like you I am not young (65) and I am self quarantining here on the farm. I see the same things at markets, folks dont know what the arrows mean (I give them go to hell looks and they say "I'm sorry , and then I give them the evil look, I may start growling!). I am not digging through items the way I would have 90 days ago, instead grab a sack and go. Also if/when I see someone being picky, I move on I just dont need anything that bad!
                I think it would help many of us if the media all said the same thing, but I get many different stories that do not match, like this will be done by June, August, or 2022, which is it really?

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                ok now I get it , i'm not looking forward to when they reopen , I think I will continue to wear gloves and a mask long after they reopen

I hope all of you are healthy and any one who is sick gets healthy with no complications,
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
              current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes certainly, best wishes to everyone

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey OJ if I was near that illiterate filthy bitch she would not of seen it coming. I would of riped her from head to toe. Here I am took all the fucking precautions, my Podunk dr. in dumb ass town won't do the test on me. Like you we self isolated have not been to see anyone no kids, no family fuck that anymore. I got R lower lobe pneumonia I was high risk had double pneumonia over 25yrs ago. Lost my taste, had head ache for days, got fever for over 4days. Chills and sweats like nothing I've ever had since that double shit. Got near kidney damage took my urine into her I have never seen this ever before in myself. Every hair on my scalp, skin nearly cried from sensitivity. I hate fucking comie china virus. It's the china virus. Wuhan China Virus. I swear to God if you don't have any common sense let those ingnorant fuckers rot.

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                you might get away with it but not me she was 5 feet something and I'm 63 230 lbs . and very intimidating , so no matter what the bitch did I was still going to be the bad guy lol

Hemp farmers, CBD producers included in coronavirus emergency aid program

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2020...87593649/?sl=7
              "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• Rwise
                Rwise commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, ok, I see this as waist, do CBD plants not grow from C19? Or do the extraction methods suddenly stop working? I am all for a helping hand for those that really need it.

This is not political. I'm not responding to comments. It's a vent.
              Lysol is not a food grade disinfectant and should not be used as a cure or prophylaxis. 190% Everclear is food grade and has been used by pharmacists for years to sterilize things. Give yourself a good shot of Everclear as a bumper when you wake up in the morning and you can kiss your ineffective masks away.
              For those of us with LED lights? Yeah, buddy. We're cool. Since I just jumped up to a 600 watt LED, I've got lots of UV to keep me safe.
              Ha-ha! Just joking, y'all. I was pulling a burn on one of y'alls dumbass questions.
              People still support him. Listen to him. He is so fucking, unquestionably, and eternally stupid. The best thing he can do for America is keep making such stupid fucking comments and blame his fucking stupidity on others. That'll narrow his supporters down to the hillbillies highest in the hills, and people who owe him money. How long will it be until a report comes out of someone following one of his brainstorms and dying?

More elephant!

Coco/perlite
              3x3x6
              Nutes
              CalMag

Comment

Its kinda scary what they are doing here, Tulsa says they will not open until the 1st. My issue, they also tell us to expect our peak here near the middle of next month, but the hospitals have beds so go to work and get sick!
                Edit Also google "covid toes" /Edit

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X