Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaking of nodes lol
    day 55
    I think the node experiment is over.. keeping nodes 2-3 is superior to 3-4 plant 3-4 is much more (brittle) her upper branches refuse to bend they break so easy.. so from now on imma use only nodes 2-3

Comment

Day is 63

Sorry about the late update but things are getting hectic around here neighbors boss tested positive.. so now she’s going into self quarantine, but I’m usually over there a lot because my father and brother live there too... so.. nerves are on high

update on plants..
      second auto is in full flower so confirmed they quadlining/ manifolding really seems just to make the plant push back flowering... probably to regroup

caramelicious I’m gonna say is not auto.. they are getting large though
      I have clones!
      so funny story about the cloning
      the cloning was most successful/fastest using autos ironically.. I don’t expect to get to much off of her but because I used recycled soil.. I got a surprise.. kinda want to see if anyone guesses what it is.. so I’ll leave it in suspense and let people guess till next post lol
      red solo cup in the middle of the rear auto take a look let me know if you can tell what it is
      Attached Files

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        My only issue is really the definition of clone.. yes technically it is growing a little and has flowered but it’s all of like 7 inches tall and probably won’t get much taller.. for me a clone is a new plant while this feels more like an extension of the first

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        My only issue is really the definition of clone.. yes technically it is growing a little and has flowered but it’s all of like 7 inches tall and probably won’t get much taller.. for me a clone is a new plant while this feels more like an extension of the first

• JohnEmad
        JohnEmad commented
        Editing a comment
        those little auto clones can produce more then some may think.
        I read of one person getting over 2 oz from an auto clone but didn't catch the strain.
        gl with the growing.

Well I've never cloned auto? I call a clone just extension of mother it came from. I would consider it a new plant mine are funky right now being photo clones, weird leaf single or 2fingers. A few have flower showing from the mother she must of flowered when I trimmed the branches oh well, they got time before they go outdoors for good.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Daskahn
        Daskahn commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t mean to disappoint or to discourage I’m just saying it’s the first confirmed clone... and I can’t do anything with it lol which for me is kinda a bummer

Bummer us right

indoor/outdoor grower
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

Well hello everyone again welcome to the garden..
        I apologize for the long period with no update but things happen right..
        map basic update last two weals have been mainly just adding water due to things happening not related to the plants
        but anyways they seem not to care to much because they keep chugging along.. nutes would probably be preferred but maybe a flushing in the middle is ok
        a2 is deep into flower a1 is in flower as well a bit smaller but we will see what comes
        c1 seems to be the perfect specimen for this style of training..
        c2 is a monster far larger then the others.. so again I had to rack my brain to come up with a solution and I think I did.. I super cropped all colas taller then the canopy.. so let’s see how that goes I did that yesterday and today she already seems to be recovering.

still haven’t switched to flower light cycle I kinda want to finish the autos first/ my other “grow tent” still has my black Betty in it so I can’t move my clones yet..
        Attached Files

Comment

Day 73
          im trying to get back in order
          i have a surprise to show everyone
          c2 is by far the largest of the grow but again not best for the quadlined method in my opinion (not the surprise)
          changed out the nutrients, I think the plants enjoy the extras that come with the dirty dozen but for the price you can get more of the main nutes which personally I think does the largest amount of the legwork.. not sure yet if there are effects on the taste stay tuned for that..
          but I’m out of the main ingredients already.. so I think the kit is more for 1-2 plants only not four 5 gallon buckets lol
          so if your growing in four 5 gallon buckets I recommend getting more of the three main nutes which are fox farms grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom.. you could easily get by with just those three
          I have not followed the tone schedule the dirty dozen pack suggested so taken that into account as well with the nutrients I’ve gone much longer in veg then the schedule suggested and that’s mainly due to the two separate types of growth and for not have an area set up for my clones yet.. I figured I could keep the plants in “veg” longer due to the autos not needing to be switched over.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Your such a rebel I love it LOL and I just started using grow big this year for my outdoor. I really like it and plants doing great. Your gals are looking great, cheers to better weather for all.

Thank you it has been a bit cooler longer this year hasn’t it?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes it was a couple weeks back below normal for temps. We've had off and on rain but it's been warmer low 60's we are still around that now but overnight has gotten warmer which is what I look for in outdoor. I have a small hippie green house it works it's 8wide x 12ft long x 8ft center. I can squeeze my garden cart with my teens in there and all the pots they'll be going in but that's about it.

It's saved me from several raining days in the past. I don't think were gonna get anymore frosts where i'm at. Soon i'll post some pics of my little veggie & flower gardens and then the outdoor kids

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Look forward to it

Your plants are looking great, congratulations sir

Mainlining/Quadlining makes autos flower faster or slower?

Will be following!

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            High Stress training like quad-lining typically slows down the plant for a while but if they are healthy to begin with the recovery is usually fast and the harvest larger. Auto flowers being healthy is vital before doing any HST methods as they are on the clock. Photoperiods can recover before flipping to 12/12 for flowering.

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            JohnEmad said it pretty well
            If you have a healthy auto early in growth(5 nodes) you could quadline the plant.. I don’t know about mainlining because it’s much more aggressive.. quadline gives the plant plenty of time to regroup.. and to answer your question they flower slower (it seems) my auto that I didn’t quadline has been in flower for little over 5 weeks now.. while the quadlined one has only been in flower 2 weeks I will keep track of my quantity to see the difference..
            Last edited by Daskahn; 04-28-2020, 12:06 PM.

I will do mainline on large outdoor photos and depends on the growth of my indoor photos whether I do or not.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            You prefer the mainline to the quadline? Why?

Daskahn I like the mainline for short strains. It's easy to maintain with just 2-4 strong branches. But my preference is just LST and topping then tying down what branches I want to keep. I no longer want to deal with the weak branches I now will cut off during early flower all weak ones leaving just 8-10 at most indoor plants. I'm being more selective on how I prune. My colas may not be the biggest longest but their getting better. Most are 11" full blown bud.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s cool.. haven’t seen a full 11” full blown bud for a long time.. would be nice to have one lol

Hey men hope you fine, so hows the grow

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes Daskahn how are you and your grow. Been thinking about you good post tropa

• Daskahn
            Daskahn commented
            Editing a comment
            Ahh been thinking about you too how’s it going out there? Almost bought an rv to move out there in.. still might I want a “biggest little farm”

Hello everyone.. sorry I went mia for awhile both amnesia plants have finished and a2 is my winner due to some unfortunate events.. a1 yield was terrible, amnesia a2 was very smooth and had very good effects And an ok yield
          both c1 and c2 were on track to break my records but I went on holiday and the power went out... and in the heat and lack of oxygen in the water they perished.. was a sad sad day ... I would have to say I did enjoy the experience I’m not sure I’d use this technique on autos though it seemed to greatly reduce the yield on them.. but non autos did great

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello Daskahn welcome to the new world LOL sheeessh. We are going out and about ourselves with our trailer for few days see if we can " occupy" some tax paid land that's not taken up with the trashy freeloaders. We are bringing shovels for them LOL. Enjoy the RV life

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X