Thinking of Moving to Seedsman for my Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of Moving to Seedsman for my Seeds

The first seeds that I purchased were from an Amsterdam based seller that used to be recommended on growweedeasy.com. Recently I purchase a number of feminized seeds from this company on sale. I have had real problems with their seeds germinating, they would not, or lacking vigor. I thought it was just me but another grower I know had the same problem. I contacted them and heard from the owner and he impressed me as a very decent individual who cared about the people he sold to. The other thought I had was that maybe the seeds that went on sale were getting near to the end of their 'prime' life in much the way that food frequently goes on sale when it is close to its' expiration date.

I was just wondering about other growers' experiences with Seedsman feminized seeds. The aforementioned grower who thinks outside of the box suggested that maybe seeds are being exposed to some kind of radiation somewhere in the government postal systems. He was not saying this was a malicious act by the postal services but more along the lines that mail might be x-rayed or something similar. I prefer feminized seeds and am open to domestic retailers of the seeds if that is legal.
    5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
    3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
    Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Hi Organic, Getting some duds is par for the course for all of us, I think, but I buy from Seedsman. Some seeds are simply going to be stronger than their siblings. I've had a case where none of three seeds from Humboldt Seed Org. germinated, and Seedsman replaced them.

Nowadays I'm more prone to germinate two seeds of the same strain and see if one clearly displays stronger characteristics from the start. I've started keeping records about how this early growth matches up to later growth. Most of my seeds germinate, but I would say that around one out of every 8 I germinate will either not germinate, or is super slow, or looks weird. (I'm usually germinating at least 6 different strains.)
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Seedsman has been great, 100% successful delivery and out of the dozens of feminized I've planted only 3 didn't germinate and 1 went full hermie. Very happy overall with seedsman and they probably would have replaced any seeds if I had asked but they were all from different packs and I chalk it up to duds or my fault. I never expect 100% germination and wouldn't bother to ask for replacements unless it was a case like alltatup describes where it's a pack full of duds. If I only get 1/3 to grow I might not be real happy but I don't get upset. Honestly though I have had about a 90% germination rate since going all fem and from seedsman exclusively. I'm thinking about making a smaller order from a different bank but I've been getting such great results I am almost worried about trying something new again.

Comment

Greetings from Tennessee. I have had very good luck with ILGM seed bank. I have grown to harvest three separate seed orders of three different auto strains. 100% germination. So I feel very lucky. No problems from them at all. Prompt delivery. They do seem a little high dollar, but I feel comfortable so far ordering from them. Is Seedman US based? Are their products resonable?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
          FunkyButtLovin commented
          Editing a comment
          Seedsman is in Europe and I pay under $3 per seed shipped.

Thank you to everyone for your comments. I do not expect 100% germination but I had two varieties, Blue Dream and Sherbet Cookies, where out of two 5 packs none germinated with me or another grower to whom I gave some seeds. Having said that some of this was probably my fault. For one I germinate in water with hydrogen peroxide and had upped the hydrogen peroxide amount when germinating these seeds. Also my work schedule is crazy busy and there were days when I was not as conscientious in watching my girls as I should have been. My gut is that they were older seeds, hence the sale price. Having corresponding with the owner of Seedsman he impressed me as someone who truly loves this plant and really puts his customers first.
        5' x 5' Gorilla Grow Tent (flower) AC Infinity Cloudline T8, Quiet Inline Duct Fan System with Temperature and Humidity Controller
        3' x 3'Gorilla Grow Tent (veg) AC Infinity Cloudline S6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Speed Controller

Two 2' T-5 fixtures with 4 tubes each for veg
        Two Electric Sky 300 V2 Wideband LED grow lights for flower

Water only / Super soil from KIS Organics

Current favorites: Aurora Indica, Nebula CBD, Northern Light, Pure Power Plant

Comment

It could have been the hydrogen peroxide assuming the other person did the same thing. Personally I have never germinated using HP and have had a very high success rate with both paper towel method and soil.
          As far as Seedsman is concerned, they have a fantastic selection and some very high profile breeders.

Realistically it makes little difference where you get your seeds as long as they have some kind of germination guarantee, which many of them do, including Seedsman. The only set back is that they are in the UK so depending on where you are it could take a while to receive your order...they have a 25 business day policy for international orders meaning you have to wait that long before declaring any order Missing In Action.

If the cost of seeds becomes an issue, learn how to clone.....
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Dilvish, Thank you for the information. I learned to germinate with hydrogen peroxide water. I think both Ed Rosenthal and Jorge Cervantes suggested this as one of several methods. Local hydro store owner said not to use paper towels as microscopic roots grow into the paper towel and are ripped out when the seeds are moved to soil. I don't believe that even if true it is problematic because of people like yourself who have successfully used that method. I never had a problem with this hydrogen peroxide method until I upped the percentage of hydrogen peroxide and received my most recent seeds. I may have to try your method in a future grow.

They take a bit longer to deliver than some because they don't ship your order directly to you. They ship a big package to Canada or USA or wherever probably once a week or so and have it broken down into individual orders and mailed out inside the final country. This way customs doesn't deal with shitloads of small padded envelopes full of seeds and never sees your name and address either. I've ordered from them several times and always received between 14-21 days from ordering.

Comment

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the information FunkyButtLovin. I generally order over a month before I plant to start a grow but you did not know that. This is good information to have.

Seedsman is a good place, several good places over here too, that ive used, that sells some of the same seeds, an you get them in 3-4days, with no customs checks. OES, SOS.And a several more,
          GoodLuck
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you D.A.A.S.69 for the information on stateside vendors. I will look into their selections.

If those are your girls in your profile avatar they look nice. Glad you are managing a 315 LEC in your 3' x 3' tent. I had issues with mine photos overheating a 5' x 5'.

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Organic357 yeah it did get kinda warm, in the tent, especially in the Summertime ,usually around 80-82degrees, but my light gots a dimmer that i can adjust, the power down. It does great in the Wintertime.
            Now I'm using an HLG, board. A real big difference, I liked them LEC, Flowers though.

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            I really liked my 315 and if I had a room to grow in that I could easily thermoregulate and wasn't concerned about energy costs I probably would have just upgraded to two Sunsystem 315 LECs. Problem is that my room is on the SW corner of the house on the second floor and heats up like an oven when the outside temps get a little warm. I can say if it was the soil or lights but my last harvest was very nice for me.It produced a very mellow, seemingly longer lasting 'high'.

recommend Seedsman as well. Had a bad batch where only 1 of the 5 germinated and Seedsman replaced them hassle free. stuff happens. but it's their customer service and willingness to make it right that stands out

Comment

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            That is good to hear motheshmo. When I received an email from the owner he seemed like a business owner who not only had a passion for his business but wanted to treat his customers well.

Yep that's a good customer service Seedsman has.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal nice to get more confirmation that Seedsman takes good care of its' customers. The girls in your avatar look very nice.

Organic357 Thank You that ol yeller in there is the auto Durban Poison I just harvested she is my first " rock star auto " LOL I stink growing them so far.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Organic357
            Organic357 commented
            Editing a comment
            SoOrbudgal I bet you will be a great auto grower. Auto's intrigue me. I got started growing bag seed, the graduated to feminized photoperiod. You might want to check out, DIY Autoflowering Cannabis: An Easy Way to Grow Your Own (Homegrown City Life) by Jeff Lowenfels if you plan to continue growing autos. His other books are very good but geared towards advanced growers/gardeners. If you were so inclined I would start with Teaming with Nutrients or Teaming with Fungi. His first book had a few minor errors that were corrected in his subsequent books, the ones I just mentioned. I envy your being able to grow outside. It would not make sense for me to where I currently live.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X