DWC need info...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DWC need info...

Hey guys so i bought ready to go bucket system with 6 inch mesh net pot.. It came with the clay pebbles an everything i need. My question is iam going to be starting from seed. Can i plant a seed straight into clay pebbles? I dont think i can but would it be ok if i planted germnatied into a jiffy pod an put jiffy pod into clay pebbles? Any advice would be great thanks everyone!!

I have planted sprouted seeds in jiffy pod into pebbles into a bucket. Let it grow at least a bit before putting into the pebbles. Read Read Read about initial water levels, best practice for jiffy pods etc before you do this. My first DWC turned out great and my second DWC grow was crap. Simply failed to launch. Transplanted to coco and it took off.

Comment

Hey there. I always start my seeds in either rapid rooters or Rockwool cubes. Once roots start developing I put them into the system. Smoorman is right about initial water levels at practices. Read read and read. I love my dwc!

Comment

Awesome guys thanks for your info... I got some gorgeous ladies in soil but wanted to try somthing new.. Thanks again need all info/advice I can get..

Comment

Rooter plugs are the way to go when you’re popping seeds, rooted clones can go directly into the hydroton.
          Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Soak them until you see a root, then place root down in either rockwook or one of those rooters. I have a spitter/system that keeps them watered or you can water them your self until the roots reach the water level (I keep mine about an inch below the net pot. Once the roots are established you do not need to water from the top.

Thats it, keep lots of air and watch your ph, there are quite a few DWC growers that can help you out.
            Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
            A tale of two seeds
            Batter Up Sour Deisel
            Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
            New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
            Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• DW2
              DW2 commented
              Editing a comment
              Dang it RagWeedDWC, That's just what I was going to say! I guess that "great minds run in the same gutters" LOL!!!

Right on!!

Comment

hey there Greenthumb420 ,

typically i germinate the seeds & once they have a taproot of about 3/4" I plant them directly into the pebbles.

handy tip: soak the (cleaned) pebbles 24hrs in pH 5.5 water first before planting.

you can even add some nutrients to the water you soak the pebbles in.
              5L water at pH 5.5 i mix in Micro 3 ml, Gro 3 ml. Bloom 6 ml.
              5L is enough to soak the pebbles in and manage pH down usage.

good growing!
              FDP
              GreenQube 1.5m x 3.0m x 2.2m tent
              2x CDMH 315W lights
              870m3/hr fan
              8 x 42L DIY DWC buckets, 2 airstones each

Comment

• LurkingInTheGrass
                LurkingInTheGrass commented
                Editing a comment
                always soak mine in Silica and CalMag, never thought forward to nutes

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X