Making seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwise View Post
    These are from seed, its going to be a good year yet!
    I remember you giving me advice on my first grow. I'm on my 2nd attempt now and just gone to flower. These are my results from seed this time
    Attached Files

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      Lookin good

Here we go, a BB3 male with his girls around him.
    BB3 over
    Alaskan Purple
    Black Domina
    Blue Dream
    GSC
    Mazar I Sharif
    Piebert

Comment

• Korn
      Korn commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice selection! All autos?

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      All photoperiod for now, I have some autos I may cross with the BB3 photo male.

Here is the crew with the BB3 male in the center with the short clones behind.

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      GL on the project.
      I am maybe 2 years away from having time to make my own cultivars.
      Sounds like fun and who knows? it could be profitable.

• JDU
      JDU commented
      Editing a comment
      Lookin sharp!!

Update, I now have 3 BB3 males and we be makin seed! Almost everything is starting to flower, I need to do some pics too.
    GSC, Sour Tangie, Shock Trauma, Blue Dream, Black Domina, Piebert, Alaskan Purple, Mazar I Shariff, and Dresden Green Diamond are the current flowering females. The largest BB3 looks to be starting, as does the Super Skunk Kush, the 2 GG4s dont look ready to start yet.
    I may do some weird shit and let the BB3 pollinate an auto!

Comment

A few pics,

Comment

I'll get pics of the rest when the sun comes back out, these are from yesterday. The balls show a bit of purple the camera seems to not show. Some of them are 3-4 weeks off harvest (for ripe seed)

Comment

A few pics, the clones look like shit but they'll make seed! Look at the purple balls on this boy, and the ladybug guarding him. Fall colours in the spring, well there it is. The GSC is spread out all over for her short little self, the MIS is nice for her short size as well and some purple in the buds. The BD is IMHO disappointing with no black at all.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            Looking great my friend. I just want to remember you to remove the male at least 30 days before harvest to prevent new pollination from occurring so you have only mature seeds and some bud to smoke too

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL, that is the plan, but it was not the plan to flower this time of year. I think he is about spent and will not reveg, the other 2 may as they barely have balls. For fall I want the THP to be the pollinator for both the THP and the MIS. (a pure indica cross)

What is the cultivar of picture #8 please? Thx. All looking good.
          If you bend you will be less likely to break.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Mazar I Sharif, fem, some of my own seed, she is short, I have more started for a fall crop. I still just cant beleave all the spring flowers she started under 14/10s. (as did all of these).

The seeds are fattening up, but I have a question for all yall.
          Would you do this? I am thinking about letting the BB3 male pollinate the autos (maybe just one). Some of the seed would be photo with some being autos. Whats tour thoughts here?

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            Autos are Lemon Skunk X Strawberry Cheesecake,

• 9fingerleafs
            9fingerleafs commented
            Editing a comment
            I would do the experiment for sure

I'm growing those now I think Rwise home made seeds from another GWE member. I'm thrilled with them
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            That they are! Gotta luv free seed! And they should start flowering in the next week.

A bit of disappointment, the Blue Dream got spidermites, so I plucked a seed and it was ready, she was pulled. Only about a dozen seed on her. Then I look at the GSC and found bud rot, she looked fine from above, but I pulled up a bud and looked to the underside, crap! Its only been a few days since I inspected them, lost almost half the plant. It too was not seeded as heavy as I thought it should be.
          The others all look good, but a note to all y'all that have spring flowers, watch them closely!
          I think 1 is going to reveg as it is showing signs, I may let it and pull the buds off as it grows out, make some clones etc..

Comment

The first male is almost done, the second is taking his place, the third is jumping and starting flower. I have harvested the Blue Dream and the GSC, not as many seed as I thought there would be, and I lost half the bud from the GSC to bud rot. The Alaskan Purple will be next, with the Sour Tangie (which is reveging). Once those are done I'll be looking at the MIS and the (not so) Black Domina. After those the Shock Trauma, Dresden Green Diamond, and Pieberts will be finishing seed. After those comes the GG4s, BB3 and Super Skunk Kush.
            I may also throw some BB3 at some autos just for fun!

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
              FunkyButtLovin commented
              Editing a comment
              That Alaskan Purple was great, wish I had kept it going. If you guys are interested, I'm going to take some cuttings from these 2 Honduras x White Widow females to spread around before I give the moms away in case one of them turns out to be special. The Mazar and SSK babies are doing well and about ready to leave their solo cups and will be going with the Sour Tangie and H x WW girls to their forever homes soon. I was hoping for a male H x WW since my Maui reg seeds just took too long to get here but they both ended up being girls. I do have 2 more plants from reg seed that I'm waiting to show sex but they're autoflowers.

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanx but I am very close to my limits with this juggling act we have to do this year. Oh well 3 not as large harvests instead of one huge one. I do have 4 of the BB3XGSC soaking, I really want to see what these do!

Rwise are you looking for some Black Domina ?

indoor/outdoor grower
            1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
            Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              I got BD seed form Paul, picked the only 1 that showed black when young, and no black at all now. My brother wants seed, he really like what I got for him, from Paul and FBL. I told him I am looking at Black Willie, Willie Nelson back crossed to Vietnamese Black. The seed is pricey for reg seed (~15 bucks), but if I like I can make enuf seed for all of us! They will soon have Cambodian, I may have to drop more money!
              Back to the BD. Had I done my checking, I would not have bought it as it is not bug resistant at all, not recommended for outside. Though it did better here outside than inside, but the heat is just now getting here.

Oh OK I was gonna say I've got 2 fem seeds of her BD I have not grown her yet but I liked the description of the strain for us. No i'm doing her in the tent later down the line not real soon to much other stuff going on grow wish. But if you need 1 for breeding I would send you one

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Rwise
              Rwise commented
              Editing a comment
              The one I have is prego with the BB3, he gets around,
              Thanx for the offer BTW

Sweet

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X