Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching to LED

Hi Folks.

so I’ve decided to switch from CFL to my first higher yield grow light.

i have decided to try an LED light. Dual spectrum for veg and flower. (I think it’s going to have a switch to choose which stage I’m at)

I spent around £100 on a light so I’m hoping it’s not a bad unit.

I just wondered if any LED growers can give me some tips.
    bare in mind I’m switching from CFL.
    What’s going to change OR what will I need to do differently?

i read somewhere that I might need heaters to warm up the grow space due to zero heat coming from the LEDs

any advice or tips for a first time use of this LED grow method is greatly appreciated :-)

I will be growing two strains using the new light.

northern lights
    Cheese 5

Whats worked for me is having both switches on all the time. Be careful not to have it too close or it will light burn the plants. They do generate a bit of heat but it mostly goes up and is not directed down on the plants. Which light did you get?

Comment

You have the answer to all of your questions literally two clicks away. 1.Main menu 2. Example setups. Give a shout out to Nebula and Sirus..

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Could you give more detail on how to find that setup info?

Guest - Near the the top of this page, left side in the green bar are three horizontal lines. Left click that, scroll down to "example setups" voila. Good reading.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        quirk Thanks!! I didn’t know that menu was there.

Originally posted by smoorman View Post
      Whats worked for me is having both switches on all the time. Be careful not to have it too close or it will light burn the plants. They do generate a bit of heat but it mostly goes up and is not directed down on the plants. Which light did you get?

I bought this one

Comment

I just made that switch, they do make some heat, temp dropped 5*F in the closet.

Comment

They look like they are made in china by a company that does no safety testing other than "self" testing (CE). I am always one to make other growers aware of this situation. If these light panels are on 12 hours a day minimum in an enclosed humid space, fire safety should be of utmost importance.

Chances are their safety testing will be revealed as "CE" but the certification will be fake...the CE mark on the unit must include a CE file number just below the lettering...if it's not there the certification has been faked. Ohter than that this light you bought will produce heat but according to the stats it lacks some of the color spectrum that cannabis loves. I would also venture to guess their claims of it having both UV and IR spectrum is false because the light panel would be far more expensive. At that price it's likely all fake.
          I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

• Rwise
            Rwise commented
            Editing a comment
            My girls sure like the fake light!

• dilvish
            dilvish commented
            Editing a comment
            Rwise...all indoor lighting is fake to the plants....bear in mind please that the OP was looking for advice on LED's, not personal comments or jabs. Just because you bought a "fake" light that has no proper safety testing doesn't mean the OP should ignore options.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X