Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time grow so what's wrong and what do I need to do.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grow so what's wrong and what do I need to do.

This is my first grow and to me something looks off. I'm using Coco-Loco as my grow medium and I transplanted from 3 in. cups to gallon size cloth pots yesterday. My lights are a 2 Ft. 4 bulb T-5 with isunlight AgroLed bulbs. In the fixture are 2 Veg + UV bulbs and 2 Bloom bulbs and it's about 2 foot above the cannopy. The tent is a 2X2X4 with a 6 in. fan for airflow. The plants are 5 Dutch Passion Euforia's and 1 mystery plant. When the plants were in 3 inch cups I watered them every day for 14 days and when I transplanted them I gave them 200 ppm of nutes about 16 oz. per plant. I'm going to skip watering today and see about tomorrow. And my light schedule is 18-6.
    Last edited by Mariojuana; 02-21-2020, 11:30 PM.

What looks off? They look strong, healthy & tight to me.

Comment

They probably just look off because of the transplant. Give them a few days to adjust and they should look normal to you again. I agree with JDU though they look fine to me.

Comment

What is the problem? I too agree they look fine although I would make sure you give 2-3 days between waterings. Even coir needs to dry out every now and again. Make sure you properly PH the water too as the plants will rely on it (and nutrients) using Coir.

The only problem I see is that 1 gallon pots may end up being too small as the plants mature. Depending on their average size they could become root bound.
        I hope there is an afterlife...there are a lot of friends and family I'd like to see again, one day.

Comment

I agree with all the above they won't do as well without larger grow area for roots.
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Thanks for the comments everyone, I may have been misinformed about Coco because I heard you have to water every day and feed 2-3 times a week. So with my plants leaves curling under I thought wow I've over watered them. So I didn't know I can let coco dry for a few days this helps alot. And these plants are Reg's so in a few weeks to a month I'm going to clone and sex the plants to find males and females. And see bud structure and Bud quality and keep 1 Female and gather pollen from 1 male if I have one. Then flower the rest keeping 1 Mother for clones. I'll keep the mother in a walmart reusable bag for a pot. I can't put 6 big pots in my 2X2 tent. I keep my water ph at below 6 and above 5.5. So my runoff is 6.1 and I am wandering, is this ok? Well at any rate I will post again if I have any issues or when I find my Mother. And once again Thanks for the support.

Comment

• dilvish
              dilvish commented
              Editing a comment
              No do not feed 2-3 times per week!!!. Essentially you need to water roughly twice a week = one watering is with nutrients the second a flush with just plain PH'd water. The medium (coir) needs to dry out a bit between waterings because the roots require oxygen. Water is just what the roots use to help absorb nutrients and feed the rest of the plant...kinda like humans. we need water to sustain the water in our bodies but we also need oxygen.

• Mariojuana
              Mariojuana commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks dilvish you helped me alot.

they look good. only thing is.. coco loco can be a bit hot for young plants, and try not to have any run off until them roots get bigger.u just washing away the good stuff

Comment

• Mariojuana
              Mariojuana commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey thanks for the info and I got my watering dialed in. My pots get light after 2 days and 16oz. of water makes the pots heavy without runoff.

So I found out for sure my mystery plant is a Durbin Poison but it's short and squat. If I need more heat in my tent for this one well It's not going to do very well. I can get my tent temp. to 80 but that's it.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good temp. She'll spring up and grow but do not use ferts at all right now. That mix is already hot.

• Mariojuana
              Mariojuana commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the comment and you were right after my last watering she grew pretty good and I was able to top her. I'm not going to worry about nutes until I see a deficiency.
              Last edited by Mariojuana; 02-26-2020, 09:46 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X