Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your mantras to get you through anxiety, panic, stress or despair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzariman
    commented on 's reply
    Haha, yup, everything's fair game once it hits the ether!

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    Warning. This post has become subject to unauthorized meme acquisition lol

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    Definitely, working with weed is the closest I’ve come to working on bonsai. My tools are in use again!

• Mazzariman
    replied
    Another way to really tune in, is when you're breaking up the soil from the last years containers. Busting up any clods, pulling out any rocks twigs, roots etc. Kind of like mixing up a batch of brownies with your hands. Adding the new ingredients and making sure everything is evenly mixed. Getting the container ready for the upcoming transplanting of a new gal. Very Zen like. A true labour of love. Like cooking and music, it's all about the prep work. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it. (I grow outdoors, but I bet the indoor growers have experienced something similar)

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    Some things in life are bad, they can really make you mad
    Other things just make you swear and curse

When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
    This will help things turn out for the best

Always look on the bright side of life
    Always look on the right side of life

If life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten
    And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing

When you're feeling in the dumps, don't be silly, chumps
    Just purse your lips and whistle, that's the thing

So, always look on the bright side of death
    Just before you draw your terminal breath

Life's a counterfeit and when you look at it
    Life's a laugh and death's the joke, it's true

You see, it's all a show, keep them laughing as you go
    Just remember the last laugh is on you

And always look on the right side of life
    And always look on the right side of life

Leave a comment:

• MagicMike66
    replied
    Surely the answer to all the questions in the title of this thread is weed? I vote to rename it to ‘as well as weed...’ I’m just fucking with yous so I can see the posts for any ideas

Leave a comment:

• Farmbuck
    commented on 's reply
    Here we call them rats with furry tail.

• Mazzariman
    replied
    If available, a Demerol drip really works well when in need of an attitude adjustment. Or on a lighter note:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Mantra.png
Views:	354
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	492977

Leave a comment:

• Mazzariman
    commented on 's reply
    Well said ChefSheri! I actually decided to make a sourdough starter last October and it is still going strong. I was bored and going out of my mind with PHD (Post Harvest Depression) since I grow outdoors. I quickly started experimenting with using different ingredients for my boules. Kalamata olive with Rosemary is the favorite so far. Roasted garlic with everything seasoning is second. Trying a cinnamon raisin one tomorrow. It's been such a therapeutic endeavor!

• MrPNW
    commented on 's reply
    You guys have seen the movie UP, right? SQUIRREL!

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Right there with ya Bowhunterwoody. Those squirrels drive our dogs nuts. They drop pine cones on them i watch them do it. One of our cat's sits at the base of the tree an i think she is communicating with it, i've seen them one time chase each other.

• Bowhunterwoody
    commented on 's reply
    Hey Farmbuck. We call them tree rats here. They tease my cat. She tries to chase them up a tree and they stop just above her and shake their tails at her. They know she's a terrible climber. Really funny to watch. One mantra for my wife and I is just get outside and breath.

• Farmbuck
    replied
    SoOrbudgal Well I hope it's not that type of rat. This is my little girl who come and climb on me.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Well besides reading the forum right now i'm watching our dog Sonny chasing squirrels out in the wooded area. He comes home just tongue hanging an thirsty. He parks his body right near the wood piles i can't say for sure but i'm also highly suspicious he's got wood rats cornered in those piles.

• TOKABIGONE
    replied
    I just go talk to my plants...they listen and don't have to say anything.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X