Rso oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rso oil

Hey guys thinking about making some rso oil in my crockpot using 99% rubbing alcohol. Any thoughts or advice never made it before just watched it on YouTube also can I make it using just trim??

This will help you:https://www.growweedeasy.com/hash-oi...is-extract-oil
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Greenthumb420 I've found anything to do with ISO washes is not a good product. You can wash any part of the plant. Stems and seeds as well, but is also not a good product.
      I'm not sure your legals about high proof Everclear. If it is available to you, use that. Isopropyl alcohol is for cleaning resin sticky things and cleaning boo-boos.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Am I wrong in remembering RSO is made with ethanol? Grape seed alcohol? That's why the real deal is $60 a half gram around here.

Right on thanks for the advice iam gonna try an get my hands on some 151 or everclear...

Comment

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        Again, I don't know your state's laws. If you can't buy it, see if you can in a nearby state. If I go to AZ, I can get the good stuff. Don't use 151. Look for a grain alcohol, like Everclear.

I agree with Gingerbeard don't use rubbing alcohol or 151. Use Everclear or similar (I use one called "420 Extractor" made here in Colorado) for it, especially if you plan to make edibles with it. Just made some last night, and used what was left in the pan to make gummies so it didn't go to waste.
      Attached Files

Comment

If you can’t buy it in your state, you can get pure grain alcohol (everclear) on amazon. I ordered a gallon Delivered to my house and they didn’t even require a signature. Whatever you use it has to be food grade.

Comment

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          That is not cheap booze Guest ! For folks making their own booze solvent'd extracts, a reclaim would have to be used. But golly, a buck ten for a gallon! In my world, that is a hell of an investment for extracts.

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Gingerbeard. You're right, the price is ridiculous but I didn’t have another way to get it without driving 6 hours through the mountains to Nevada. Sucked to boil away all that expensive solvent to make RSO. The gummies were good though and after a while I was able to get pretty consistent dosing.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          See, I'd be heading to Arizona and be completely cool with that. Once I get past San Diego, I'm stoked to head through the Cajon Mountains. Bloody stunning. Of course, the price of gas and Everclear would probably be close to the buck ten chuck.

I used the magical butter machine for the extractions. It worked great and is zero hassle and self cleaning.

Comment

Right on guys ya iam gonna see if i can order that 420 extractor that seems to be the way to go... Is it cool to use my trim?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I always used popcorn buds and trim and it worked great. I used to take the extraction (tincture), reduce it down to RSO (using an induction cooktop so as to not blow myself up), and use the oil to make gummies. The recipe and instructions are on the magical butter website.

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            I made these a lot.

Learn how to make herb gummies with this MagicalButter gummy recipe in 9 easy steps. A quick video will take you through the process.

• dphipps1020
            dphipps1020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah you can use your trim, that's pretty much all I use for mine. I actually set aside a little bit for tincture this time as well as making oil. Came out decent, nice and relaxing. Of course I don't usually do tincture so I don't really have a reference. It's still fun for me to try different processes though, and I still have many more to experiment with.

This is a great topic and I firmly believe post processing is something we should all be investigating and learning. There is a ton of stuff out there. Maybe more than a ton. Trust me I am not complaining or boasting but I have crafted extracts with 90% THC that are impossible for me to use. Most of us can do a shot of tequila...but a shot of Everclear can just Destroy you. Working on the happy medium somewhere around 35%... the possibilities are almost endless. But there is a science to it and I believe it has a strong future in this arena

Comment

A solar oven should work, instead of a crockpot, right? It would also be PERFECT for decarbing before reducing. It eliminates the potential for fires and/or explosions too. Of course, you NEED at the very least partial sun for it to work. You can either make them or buy them:

A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

I never thought about a solar oven deff safer if possible..

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                The ones I saw on amazon were around 80-90 dollars. You can buy an electric induction burner for About half

Farmall - True but not nearly as much fun and you have to pay for the electricity. Unfortunately, the brand of solar oven I use quit doing mom & pop franchises. I bought mine for $180.00. They're now going for $390.00 on Amazon. Paul Munsen and the inventor are visionaries but they just couldn't get a successful marketing strategy.

I'll let you know how it works out for me...
              A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Farmall
                Farmall commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking forward to your results....

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X