Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rwise
    replied
    You can use that mix or go as high as 50/50 without harm to the plants. It only kills the live ones not the eggs, spray under side then top side , soil everything.

Leave a comment:

• quirk
    replied
    Technical grade cold pressed Orange Oil. 2 oz,/60ml per gal/4l, add a few drops dish soap as surfactant. Foliar and or drench. Completely organic (d-limonene) it dissolves the little bastards exoskelteon. But remember this ripple, the mites are there because your plant(s) aren't up taking water effectively for whatever reason. Over watering, ph, nutes, heat stress, bad soil etc. etc. Good luck, I'm gonna say it, mate.

Leave a comment:

• ripple
    replied
    thanks for that info ...
    we are planning a grow in coir prof mix + next time around .. less trouble than soil .

do you have any comments on bleach and alcohol ?

Leave a comment:

• Gingerbeard
    replied
    Hey
    ripple
    I'm a huge DE fan. Sprinkling on the top is ineffective. There are too many nooks and crannies under little soil pieces where bugs can do their thing. It also washes away with watering. If you're already growing, scrape some soil off the top and mix DE until you can see it in the soil. Don't turn your soil gray. I imagine your soil is moist which will make seeing the DE in the soil. It's not tricky if you give it a shot. In the future, mix DE in with dry soil. It doesn't wash out and will cover all your drainage holes.

Having said that, I don't think spider mites do their thing in the soil.

Leave a comment:

• ripple
    started a topic SPIDER MITES !!! HELP please

SPIDER MITES !!! HELP please

Hi folks
    well now a nasty surprise in the room - bloody spider mites !
    i have sprayed liberally with Kiwicare Organic Spraying oil last night and put Diatomaceous earth on the soil .. just sprinkled as I wasn't sure how much of it to use ...
    Can anyone give me a better idea of how much to use please ?

I have ordered the Azamax from overseas as for some reason it's not available here is NZ.

I read on GWE
    Bleach solution (1 tablespoon of bleach to 1 gallon of 95°F, pH balanced, water in a spray bottle or mister) – make sure to clean all surfaces of your room, and bleach them too if possible.

Alcohol and Water mixed together (9 parts water to 1 part alcohol) will also kill the bugs on contact and shouldn’t hurt the plant. You will want to use a spray bottle or mister.

I have isopropyl alcohol and good bleach ... BUT do i spray alcohol at mix of 100ml to 900ml water on and under the plants ?

I was thinking the bleach solution would be for the room itself and everything else except he plants .... or do people spray plants with the bleach solution also

today is the big clean out and 2nd part of eradication.
    There were webs on the leaves ...so pretty bad
    In vege stage so not as bad as flowering

I have read that neem oil can burn plants

thanks to anyone who can clarify my questions on bleach, alcohol and diatomaceous earth usage

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X