• Show
Clear All

• C420grow
    replied
    Ceiling is 8 ft tall SoOrbudgal

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    How tall is that ceiling? If I had the spare change and really wanted a new light i'd definetly look into the Nextlight Mega great reviews on them.

• C420grow
    replied
    FunkyButtLovin Only looking to light about half of it. To be honest

Leave a comment:

• sgiacomo
    replied
    Best advice I ever received was don’t skimp on lighting. I run a Nextlight Mega in a 4’x4’ tent but they are designed to flower a 5x5 footprint. You would need three of them to light your space! That’s considerably more money and it’s performance is on par with double ended 1000 watt HPS but 35% more efficient. Over the long term I believe it pays for itself in energy savings without sacrificing quality of flower. My buddy decided to stick with HPS and he gets awesome results, just pays a higher electricIty bill each month.

Leave a comment:

• FunkyButtLovin
    commented on 's reply
    I don't think wally is saying that the lights you mentioned are not good but that if you plan on lighting a 5'x18' space with quality LED lighting that you're going to need to spend much, much more than $300-$500. You'd want 6+ of either of those lights to have enough light to be able to properly flower even 3/4 of that space. You're looking at around 2500 true watts of quality LEDs to flower a room that big. Three 1000w HPS fixtures would do it just as well and be a couple thousand dollars cheaper but it will be a bit warmer and will cost a few more pennies per day to run.

How much of this room are you lighting up?

• C420grow
    replied
    Walty What are your suggestions for the high performing LEDs ?

Leave a comment:

• Walty
    replied
    You’re not going to get good lights for 3-500 except for High Intensity Discharge lights (HPS or Metal Halide). Good LEDs cost a lot and significantly outperform the cheap LEDs.

Leave a comment:

• C420grow
    replied
    I’m stuck between SF-2000W led grow light and MARS HYDRO TSW 2000W

Leave a comment:

• Greengringo
    replied
    260 QB.. 1000 aglex..1000 spider farmer and I still go back to using my 250w metal halide light I must be doing something wrong with those other lights cause I don't get the rapid growth I'm looking for with these lights.idk?

Leave a comment:

• Nute
    replied
    Mars sp250 great light

Leave a comment:

• JohnEmad
    commented on 's reply
    My 238W QB style light is super bright and has proven its worth so far. I hear good things from local growers about the newer MarsHydro full spectrum lights which for the price seem like a great value.

• Mrblu
    replied
    I just up graded from blurple to quantum boards worth every Penney. Click my name and find the Quantum Board build post. Mars is decent, but the hlg are outstanding.

Leave a comment:

• C420grow
    replied
    dbdDemon what kind of lights are you running?

Leave a comment:

• dbdDemon
    replied
    I am no expert, on my second grow, I have been using t5 for veg and leds for flower and they seem to do well with leds and with switching.

Leave a comment:

• C420grow
    replied
    Rwise I was looking into them too. I have 2 1000 watt starter LEDS that have been great. Looking to transfer into my bigger space though. Wanted a wider panel. With my 1000 watt. It has produced a 2x2 vegged bushy plant in 10 weeks

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X