X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nute
    replied
    Originally posted by Rwise View Post
    For what its worth I just picked up a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 ~$175 across the counter, 90 day full replacement, 3 year warranty. Easy install, dual remote dimmable drivers, ratchet straps. Much more light than the ~700 watts of CFLs with only 307 watts of power used. They also had several other brands, Viparspectra to Black Dogs, the viparspectra was in the running (price range) but I just dont like the blurple light.
    The heat will rise again but should not go over 82ish maybe bit higher when they start maturing and drying out. You can use you fan to regulate this I use inkbird products if heat gets to hit kicks on fan. To cold kicks on heater. To humid kicks on exhaust and if to dry kicks on humidifier. Great products. And reasonably affordable.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    commented on 's reply
    So far I do! The heat dropped 5* (from 80* to 75*) with the exhaust fan off, that's a plus also.

• Nute
    replied
    Originally posted by Walty View Post
    You’re not going to get good lights for 3-500 except for High Intensity Discharge lights (HPS or Metal Halide). Good LEDs cost a lot and significantly outperform the cheap LEDs.
    I beg to differ the Mars TSW/TSL line Is very good for the Priceline as well as a bit better the sp250 & SP 150
    also great light all under 500 dollars Canadian dollars at that

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    I love my Mars TSW 2000 & TS 600s

• Nute
    commented on 's reply
    You'll be very happy with the Mars light

Guest replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	593356A5-8DAB-4755-BE02-A2F25A37C12B.jpeg
Views:	385
Size:	4.04 MB
ID:	375079Click image for larger version

Name:	AC63E02A-C165-4762-8618-114A7A5C467F.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	3.50 MB
ID:	375078

I’m using a 600w actual Viparspectra for my first tent grow. So far I’m surprised with the results. Plants look fantastic and my biggest worry now is too tall plants. It does have to be kept pretty far away from the canopy, limiting plant height. I’m sure I could be getting better results with a better light but so far I’m impressed.

Leave a comment:

• Rwise
    replied
    For what its worth I just picked up a Mars Hydro TSW 2000 ~$175 across the counter, 90 day full replacement, 3 year warranty. Easy install, dual remote dimmable drivers, ratchet straps. Much more light than the ~700 watts of CFLs with only 307 watts of power used. They also had several other brands, Viparspectra to Black Dogs, the viparspectra was in the running (price range) but I just dont like the blurple light.

Leave a comment:

• dilvish
    replied
    I'm a stickler for safety. Unfortunately most LEDs sold on Amazon have had no safety testing/certification. If you plan on running a light set up that will be on for a minimum of 12 hours a day, you should get something that is certified safe. The most recognized certifications are UL - Underwriters Lab USA, CSA - Canadian Standards Association and Intertek (ETL, Europe). If the light panel doesn't have a certification from one of these (you can request certification info from the manufacturer) you should keep looking.

Having said this the only LEDs I have found on Amazon that are UL certified are made by ViparSpectra and only certain models. If your budget is in USD then get two or three of the V600 and daisy chain them together since your grow space seems quite large. They are on sale now on their website https://www.viparspectra.com/goods.php?id=59 and probably on Amazon as well. These LEDs have both heat sink and fans for cooling.

I have one and so far it's doing it's job well. It gives sufficient light and my girls are loving it.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Sledrock I too run the same lights as you have 2 in my 4x4 and 1 old one in a 3x3 for veggies/clones. Use to run 2 in my 3x3 boy it kicked bud I like them for same needs as you. But if I only had 2 plants going I would run just 1 in the 3x3 working great.

• Sledrock
    replied
    I have 2 Vipar Spectra 450w leds, but am only running one at the moment. These lights pull apprx 210 watts from the wall, the chips are 5 watts.

I know there are better, more powerful lights out there, but so far, I'm happy with these.

I'm not looking to grow massive amounts of weed, just enough for my wife and me and in my 3x3 tent, these seem to do a bang-up job. If I think I need more light (and a higher electric bill), I'll run both 450's in my tent.
    Last edited by Sledrock; 02-09-2020, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gbauto
    commented on 's reply
    If you're trying to light 90 sq ft(5x18) you'll need at least 1800 true watts of efficient diodes(not blurple).
    Unfortunately, there's no way to do that for $500. You wouldn't be able to do that with HPS because you'd need 4(1k) of them to cover that space.
    Time for a rethink.

• Farmall
    replied
    Use leds exclusively except for the first 3 weeks and have made a few side by side comparisons. The Samsung lm301b with Cree photored on f-type strips is a diy setup with some versatility. I have HPS, CMH and blurple, blockbuster xxl and sun systems hoods with vents and glass covers. The extreme lightweight leds have shown to be the clear winner over any of them for me. In fact., I’m using them to flower my lime and lemon trees. Bigger changes in led technologies are on the horizon and will supplant the old standards in HPS powerhouses.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F5681C17-4C9C-4E1F-B3D9-1976645D1D83.jpeg
Views:	412
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	374391

Leave a comment:

• Walty
    replied
    Here’s a great video about lighting and cannabis.....you’ll be an expert in no time. But you don’t want to skimp on lighting. Look at the true watts that a light pulls from the wall and that will give you a rough idea of how much light you are giving your plants. For top quality LEDs, you want 30-35 watts per square foot of coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Walty
    replied
    Originally posted by C420grow View Post
    Walty What are your suggestions for the high performing LEDs ?
    I like several, but I’m not an expert. My favorite, and the brand that I just purchased, is Timber. Ask them for a coupon code if you chat online. I went based on ppfd numbers.

Nextlight Mega is a really nice option too....I almost went that way.

You are lighting a lot of space. But if you’re only lighting half I’d order two Fattys or 6 of the 3vl. They can be daisy chained too. Here are three 3VLs covering a 5x5.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	9D969584-BC2A-4EF5-9184-B991F82000A7.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	3.63 MB ID:	374378
    Last edited by Walty; 02-09-2020, 09:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrblu
    commented on 's reply
    Go with Mars if those are the two you have narrow down to. Look up the SF video review by mygrow. He does par test and the resin coating reduces out put by 3%. Still highly recommended hlg rspec. Little bit more money but it is daylight in a tent.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X