Manifold Mayhem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manifold Mayhem

Hello everyone, let me start of by saying I love this community. This is one of the best info sites that I have come across.
    I have been a gorilla gardener for a lot of years, and coming indoors for the first time; other than some old scKool closet growing using red and white chicken lights lol in the 90's (some of you may
    remember). I typically top at the 4th node twice, and then just let them go when I grow outdoors.
    Since finding this site I figured I'd give manifolding a shot, since I considered myself a good grower. This is where it all fell apart lol. I am now on week 8 of vegg, white widow full photo period feminized seeds. (crop king. I'm skeptical of their genetics) One of the seedlings did not like my light at 24" on full power; there is mixed info on this I found through my research. I left the light on full power and raised to 34" and they responded well. My humidity was lower than I would have liked @ 35% to 45% so I found a humidifier and maintained at 55%-70% and again they responded well. I slowly started lowering the lights and have it set at 24"
    So I followed Nebula's and Nugg Bucket's tutorials, which went very well on my wife's Bruce Banner clone. When I topped the white widows, I left the 3rd node with the intent of cutting them off in a few days when they had bounced back from the first topping. The second white widow, I broke a branch when I went to bend it. I took a piece of wire as a splint and wrapped in duct tape, which worked like a charm and has healed beautifully (This was also a first for me). I pulled the humidifier out at this point as I was able to maintain at 45% to 60%, This is when I broke a branch clean off on my 1st WW (change of plans on that one lol). Remember I said I left node 3 untill it recovered. Well I'm glad I did, I bent the two branches at node 3 at 90o along with the one remaining branch on node 4.
    I'm now at week 8 since they first broke dirt and the 2nd WW has completely stalled out at 6". From the very beginning it has thrown out clawed and twisted leaves which I attributed to my light being to close along with low humidity. Now I don't thinks so, so much. I have been adding fertz every 2nd watering like I have done for years. So last week I had the brain child idea to give back to back feedings to help it out. Bad idea; I'm afraid I've locked it out now, so now I'm flushing it and raised the humidity to 60% to 65% 2 days ago. Dont ask me what I was thinking there lol,
    Reading the diagnose your plant pages the only thing that makes any sense to me is possibly a Boron deficiency. It is the only thing that closely resembles what I have going on, but I'm not convinced. I am very inexperienced when it comes to diagnosing deficiencies. It did have a little browning on it but that seems to be clearing up and as you can see in the pix, the nodes are all bunched up and I haven't seen much growth in the last week or so.
    I'm hoping someone can get me heading in the right direction as it was my hope that I would be able to top it once more for 8 bud sites. I'm willing to keep them in vegg for as long as it takes as I want to make medicine with this. Govt weed is too expensive and I need too much weed to make it. Sorry for the long post but this tent growing has thrown me for a loop lol. As much as I hate to admit it, I need some advice on this one, and all you wonderful people seemed to be the most reliable people to get help with this. Let me know if there is anymore info or better pix needed. I do have a partial log as well.
    Thank You and keep up the amazing work.
    Attached Files
    3'x3'x6'6" Sun Stream tent
    1000w Tolys dimmable Samsung Lm315 diodes meanwell driver
    1000w Tolys led (burple)
    Soil: sungrow's sunshine professional grow mix.
    Ferts: GroTek Monster Grow Pro, Monster Bloom and molasses
    No name towerfan 12" oscillating fan humidifier​

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X