Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaching the back of the tent with water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaching the back of the tent with water?

My tent is a 3' x 3' but I'm getting a bit overcrowded. I have two Gorilla's by Expert Seeds in the back currently. They're 89 days from sprout but only about 14" tall. One was LST'd into an arc and the other quadlined. I also have "Spawn of Sadie". It is also quadlined and 38 days old. And then there is the Solo grow. That doesn't leave much room with auxiliary lights and fans. To this point I've been able to pick up the pots to a work bench and trim, train and water. The tent was flipped to 12/12 a few days ago (timer miscues for a couple days to start) leaves me at 4 days since proper 12/12. I'm thinking I can get a week or so before it becomes too much to move with (hopefully) ridiculous colas. So how do you reach the back plants without too much spillage? Someone posted a battery operated pump that may end up winning but I'm still on the fence with battery life problems. A plain old jug and tube may end up doing it if I can sort out a proper nozzle and shutoff.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Something like this would do the trick

Comment

Use a plastic pop bottle. Drill hole in the cap for some small diameter tubing of a few feet in length. Insert tubing through the cap and run the length of tubing to the plant and fix it in place. When you want to add water, just screw the bottle to the cap and squeeze/elevate the bottle to feed.

If you don’t want to leave the tube in place, then you could tape the tube to a length of stick or pipe (long enough to reach the plant)

👍
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        This is pretty much what I do as well but I think I'm going to rig up a beerbong-esque funnel and hose soon.

• homegrown
        homegrown commented
        Editing a comment
        Well shit! Why has this never crossed my mind? lol. great idea YYCannabis. The gears are turning now...hahaha

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        With a few dollars more you could make it even easier. Buy the top-feed rings and and add the tube/caps to each ring. This way you can get good coverage all the way around. No dry spots. 😉

was given a funnel and tubepipe thing .it does work but i dont use it. its not worth it in my circumstance.

Comment

Look for a long-neck watering can.
        2'x2'x5' Custom Breed & Seed Cabinet w/ 4 Roleadro flat-panel 75W lights
        2'x2'x5' Custom Seedling, Clone & Young Veg. Cabinet w/ CFL & flat panels
        2'x2'x5' Custom Veg. Cabinet with Vipar Spectra XS 1000 Dimmable
        2'x4'X6' Custom Flowering Cabinet with 2 Vipar Spectra XS 1500 Dimmable Lights

100% Perlite, 2.7- Gallon nursery pots, Fertigation method.

Miracle Gro Vegetable & Herb Fertilizer (includes Soy Protein Hydrolysates), 1 tsp./gallon as base nutrient, supplemented with standard Miracle Gro for high-nitrogen plants, and Miracle Gro Bloom Booster during Flower. A bit of Ph Down to take the edge off. Touch of Cal-Mag as well.

Comment

OlderNOTwiser I noticed you and I have the same grow tent (Cool Grow, 3x3) and the same light (Vipar 450)

My next grow will be 4 Autos (2 in front and 2 in back) in 3 gallon fabric pots. I thought about how I'm going to water/tend my back plants. too. That's why I decided on the 3 gall pots. When it's time to water the ones in back, I'm just gonna set the ones in front Outside the tent. Of course I may eventually grow 4 again (Photos) in Bigger pots. so I may have to try YYC's suggestion when that time comes? I kind of wish now I would have got a 2x4 tent, but I don't think my Light Coverage would be as good? Good Luck with your grow! P.S. I like that Manifold - I m
          3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
          3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
          Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
          2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
          4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
          6" Oscilatting Fan
          GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
          "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

Well, Sledrock I wish I had a second light but other than that we're good! I don't recollect what the footprint is for the 450's but I can tell it would be good for two big beauties in this tent. Four is getting nuts. As you can see I use a bunch of salvaged fixtures to augment the main light. My first grow indoors was a CBD Auto. I wasn't fast enough or brave enough to complete proper LST on her but I pulled lower branches out and away with strategic leaf removal. Then I got the supplemental lights in close and pumped in the photons! Your exhaust setup...is that the 4" kit?

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              I saw these roller plant stands at the dollar store they look to be about 10" across.

• Sledrock
              Sledrock commented
              Editing a comment
              @OldNOTwisr Yes, I got the kit. Came with the exhaust Fan And the Carbon Filter.

Man, that's a very Nice Cola in that second pic! (The Foot Print for the Vipar 450 says it's 3' x 3' in my manua. - perfect for our tents!)
              Last edited by Sledrock; 01-25-2020, 04:57 PM.

I ask about the kit as the fan is prone to bearing failure. Mine has already failed. I bought in September. I could have waited for a replacement but they gave me credit for the inline fan. I used it to help upgrade to the cloudline T4. Stuck with the 4" as everything else was already there and working.

Comment

• Sledrock
              Sledrock commented
              Editing a comment
              OlderNOTwiser so far I haven't had any bearing problems (knock on wood) but if I do, I'll look into the Coudline. How do you like yours? (I think Nebula uses that kind?)

Farmall uses a T6 and I'd guess most on here would be the 6" version. I haven't yet installed the temp/humidity sensor. I have three plants going into flower so I run a slower speed 24/7 right now. Can't have "smells" drifting through the house. Temps have been good. Daytime is 70-72F with RH between 50 and 65% depending on watering schedule. My 12/12 has dark from 9p to 9a and the rh/temp was 60/62 at lights on yesterday morning. The three plants are stretching and transpiring so the RH has drifted a bit high the past week.

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
              OlderNOTwiser commented
              Editing a comment
              RH/TEMP this morning was 56/63 so pretty consistent.

OlderNOTwiser I have run that fan at its lowest setting for weeks at a time during heavily fragrant periods and with a 24” carbon filter on the suction end it has never ventured beyond the door although, my average speed is just over have from about week 3 to week 10

Comment

• OlderNOTwiser
              OlderNOTwiser commented
              Editing a comment
              With my basement at ~ 56F this time of year the 70 degree exhaust would be terrific directed into the room. I have a 14" scrubber and it works fine.according to my sniffer at the exhaust port outside. But, happy wife...claims to smell the plants if I even look through the plastic window without opening anything.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              OlderNOTwiser we are living with the same woman! Smells every little thing. Reminds of a story 45 yrs ago.. Bell Telephone erected a tower and everyone within a few miles complained that their tv reception had suddenly turned to shit.( cable was not really a standard thing back then) The thing is.... the tower was never connected but since it was in view, they had issues. Try telling her it’s all gone and there’s nothing there anymore....but that won’t work...haha haha

• OlderNOTwiser
              OlderNOTwiser commented
              Editing a comment
              And of course windmill noise causes cancer.

OlderNOTwiser got me thinking to try something....how much air is moving thru the tent at the lowest speed of the t-6? I shut it down trying to measure the increase in temps from a 315LEC over the course of 2 hours. It started at 61 F inside the tent. For any one of 50 reasons, I forgot all about it until 10 hours later when I unzipped the door to find it was 91 degrees F and humid and wow, you could really feel the difference. So just by the physics alone, the venting of the exhaust into the room is actually heating it. Not a considerable amount though as that room only measures 62-63 at this time of year.

Comment

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              WTF is that? Here’s what I saw

Dihydrogen monoxide: is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain. contributes to the " greenhouse effect ". may cause severe burns. contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape. accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals. may cause electrical failures ...

• OlderNOTwiser
              OlderNOTwiser commented
              Editing a comment
              Need to finish my coffee for this discussion. Wait a minute! How do I do that without this nefarious chemical? What do they call it when it is very cold? Oh, yea, I remember. (but not tellin' just yet.)

Let us all have some social intercourse on this one, eh?

• YYCannabis
              YYCannabis commented
              Editing a comment
              Patience, Grasshopper. All will be revealed during the next grow (in a couple of months). 😉

Still working this issue and I'm nearly there. I grabbed a camping water supply jug, vinyl tubing and a hose adapter. The hose adapter is 3/4" I.D. and slips snugly over the plastic spigot. The tubing of course goes on the barbed end. The spigot gives me some control. Sitting on a small riser gets gravity to do its thing. I tried and failed yesterday (had to water by hand) due to extreme memory in the tubing. So it has been weighted at both ends over a soil pipe since last evening trying to get it to give it up. I'll finish it up later today and give it a test run.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
              SoOrbudgal commented
              Editing a comment
              That would surely work ( I ain;'t calling you Shirley ) very Mcguyverish

• SirSmksAlot
              SirSmksAlot commented
              Editing a comment
              You can try to soak your hose in some hot water to soften it then straighten it.

• Farmall
              Farmall commented
              Editing a comment
              Or find silicone hose... you couldn’t curl it if you tried

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X