stealth grow box with LEDs and CO2 injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stealth grow box with LEDs and CO2 injection

hey, new to the forum and kinda new to growing, but I had to break down my my full grow room, so now Im going to make a few stealth/micro grow boxes.
    Im taking 2 18gal storage bins, turning one upside down on top of the other, and cutting out what i need to mount a 300W LED lamp on the inside. Then Im drilling a tube hole for my CO2. And finally im thinking about air flow. Maybe set up a vortex fan with a carb filter and some ducts, and have the air circulating through an intake at the bottom and the exhaust through the top?
    Probably going to try manifolding in them, and i have everything id need to grow in coco due to my last grow but Ive been wondering if it wouldnt be a better idea to try a full hydro setup like a DWC bucket instead so i wouldnt really have to get down to the medium as often?
    Any advice or insight on how this setup will work, if i should do the air circulation through the carb filter and fan, or on what would be easier to grow in; it would all be appreciated. I have a little experience growing, but a lot of research time and confidence and i cant wait to do this grow journal.

Welcome to GWE!
    CO2 injection and air flow would seem to counteract one another. For a small indoor grow what I read is your breathing is more than enuf CO2. When I brew wine I do it in the grow room, I dont see any improvements,,,,
    Would luv to see pic of the project!

Comment

Like Rwise said, CO2 would not help you. You need a completely sealed environment and even then it would not help unless you are doing commercial sized grows. You probably wont see any benefit. My advice skip CO2 and focus on the rest of the environment. If you want to look at setups that work check here https://www.growweedeasy.com/growing...setup-examples. As far as coco vs hydro, I do both and am not sure by what you mean by "get down to the medium as often" but you have to check ph at least once a day so i feel as it is actually more work than coco.

Comment

• DNLgreen
        DNLgreen commented
        Editing a comment
        By getting down to the medium what i mean is, that each of the 18gal bins im using are 15 inches deep. if i use coco again since my planters will be inside of the bins wont it get difficult collecting and testing the run-off water? And then once the plant starts bushing out and with having t do it so often....
        But since i dont have any experience using like the DWC buckets idk how much more or less difficult it would be sitting in the bins.
        and i was making each setup to be air tight and since the exhaust would just be leading through the fan and carbon filter, then right back in through the intake, my thought was it would just be like having a carbon scrubber sitting inside of a sealed growroom. And then it would also be providing air circulation since i cant fit a fan in there. Do you still think it wouldnt work? Would like the carb filter just filter the CO2 of something? Im just trying to understand

• Tersky
        Tersky commented
        Editing a comment
        I dont test runoff as i use fabric pots and runoff is not an accurate read of the root zone ph. As long as you water/feed at 6.0 ph every time you wont run into issues. If you use non porous pots (ie plastic) then runoff might be useful but with fabric pots salts accumulate on the outside of the pot drastically changing runoff ph. Since coco is neutral it is more important to test the water going in than coming out. With DWC i check on my plants res's (ph and ppm) twice a day to monitor for spikes. With coco i water/feed and wait.

And as far as the co2 goes, it is just not cost effective for a small hobbyist grower like most of us on here. In order to get a working CO2 setup it is expensive and upkeep is expensive. You wont see the return in the plants. Honestly good growing techniques will increase yield more than co2. The only time i could see CO2 being useful and cost effective is if you had a massive sealed grow with at least 50 maybe a hundred plants. Because the co2 would be sucked out of the air by the large number of plants you would need a way to replenish and in this case the surrounding air would not provide enough co2. THEN i would use co2...but unless you have a warehouse full of plants it is just a waste of money. I tried co2 bags and hanging things when i first started and all those grows were trash. I then focused on mastering the basics and now am harvesting 2-3 oz a plant of dense crystally nuggs (last grow was just shy of a pound indoor) with out co2 and realized it's just a gimmick for us small growers.

You don't need any CO2, like mentioned above.
      HappyGrowing
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X