Science of light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Science of light

Dr Bruce Bugbee has put out a great video that I believe every grower should watch. I have great respect for Dr Bugbee’s knowledge and expertise and is certainly one of the leading experts in the field of crop science.

Please watch his video latest video and check out some of his other vids. He has also been on Migro channel on YouTube as well.
    There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
    1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
    2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
    3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Thank you, not only is the link you sent informative, a quick search thru his other videos look extremely interesting.
    Proving the world just needs more tumble weeds
    A tale of two seeds
    Batter Up Sour Deisel
    Batter up! Amnesia Haze Autoflower
    New Year, New Grow, Jack Herer DWC
    Batter up, Girl Scout Cookies extreme auto (GSCE)

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      I have watched several of his vids and even more from Migro youtube site. Very informative and interesting to me.

Great video!!!! Thanks for sharing it, I like that he explains that while Cannabis can take more light, it’s important to make sure all other factors are being monitored.
    Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Wow!!! I'm especially surprised about the amount of light seedlings and cuttings can endure. Thanks for sharing!
      A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Right!?! But need to keep in mind the other 8 key factors and keep them in balance with level of light.

It also stuck out that he quickly shot down the Emerson effect as not being necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by YYCannabis View Post
        It also stuck out that he quickly shot down the Emerson effect as not being necessary.
        While he didn't absolutely confirm that UV was important to cannabinoid production, it seems very promising.
        Last edited by BR2K; 01-18-2020, 01:03 PM.
        A Legend...in his own mind - , 48" X 60" X 80" 2-in-1 Grow Tent, Flower light: Vivaspectra P2500 LED. Veg light: Mars Hydro TS600 & Mars Hydro TS1000 LED lights. Nutrients: GH Flora Trio/Calmag coco/perlite, GH PH Down or pure lemon juice, in case PH down isn't available.

Comment

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          YYCannabis yes, there is an aspect of that for sure. Where I live in Cai low quality wont sell (black market and commercial alike). High THC is the target market.
          With that being said, we also must discuss the dynamics of UV and final yield. Because UV light is quite damaging to plants, when you supplement UV your final yields diminish slightly. So if your target market wants quantity over quality, then adding extra UV light might not be in your best interest.

• YYCannabis
          YYCannabis commented
          Editing a comment
          That comes back to my point on how there is not enough info.
          What’s ideal length of exposure? Is 10 minutes per hour the number, or will 10 minutes per hour cause plant degeneration? These are the things that need to be studied. I see someday soon that it will discovered what is the golden ratio for UV and it will be amazing.

• Toker1
          Toker1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that UV exposure resistance is strain dependent. Mountain strains (kush) should fair better than strains closer to sea level (Durban Poison). Just a theory.
          The higher up in altitude you go, the more UV exposure you endure.
          Personally I run mine 15 min on and 2 hours off during lights on. But that schedule was due to the manufacturers recommendations.
          I once f’d that schedule up (by leaving the lights on 24/7) and saw noticeable damage on my leaves. After I fixed that, the plant recovered just fine.
          Last edited by Toker1; 01-18-2020, 04:25 PM.

Great video. Completely agreed, it’s not the data that drives misunderstanding. It’s our interpretation of that data that causes it.
        Thanks for sharing!!
        4x4 600w HID empty for summer
        3x3 400w HID with Bruce Banner and Skywalker Kush
        2x2 65w Quantum Board LED with 4 mother strains
        running all simultaneously for a perpetual harvests.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...hash-adventure

Comment

JohnEmad Use the far red once the plant has stopped growing in size and is in dedicated bud growth. This should help the calyxes fatten up and grow slightly longer buds. Just keep an eye on canopy surface temps as the far red will cause a small rise. 😉

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks YYC, appreciate the tip.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X