Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you deal with low relative humidity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JuanHondo
    replied
    since I might be the winner, here is a photo of my very sophisticated bucket/towel hummidifier...i'll keep it in the tent for another week or so. after that the plants are big enough that the RH stays in the 50's...

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    Originally posted by Weed Pharma View Post
    I have to fully agree with the do nothing suggestions.

A few years ago I controlled humidity using the VPD charts etc.
    Bottom line, I had the best looking plants in veg I have ever grown.

- HOWEVER-
    There was no effect on the quantity or quality of the buds produced-

Low humidity plants may start slow, but once the roots develop they catch up very quickly.

This was a low humidity/low temperature/low light winter grow:
    #4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower
    Thanks - I'm subbed to your posts!!

Leave a comment:

• Weed Pharma
    commented on 's reply
    The KISS grow was a 5 gallon nursery pot-
    -I've since, settled on using 5 gallon fabric pots-

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    Good stuff. Nice to try and keep it simple. Growing into the fall and winter here is actually kind of nice because of the low RH. Drying has no mold problems, just gotta be careful with how much leaf to remove and adjust your trimming. What size are the nursery pots they ended up going in? My yields for my last two were about 2 to 2.5oz in 3 gallon fabric. Trying to go higher with 5 gallon fabric, and a longer veg.

• Weed Pharma
    replied
    I have to fully agree with the do nothing suggestions.

A few years ago I controlled humidity using the VPD charts etc.
    Bottom line, I had the best looking plants in veg I have ever grown.

- HOWEVER-
    There was no effect on the quantity or quality of the buds produced-

Low humidity plants may start slow, but once the roots develop they catch up very quickly.

This was a low humidity/low temperature/low light winter grow:
    #4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower
    Last edited by Weed Pharma; 01-14-2020, 08:03 AM. Reason: I can spell- I just can't tipe!

Leave a comment:

• JDU
    commented on 's reply
    My indoor tent was hitting as low as 11% never higher than 25. I have a strong humidifier going now while the next batch vegges & it's up to 40% but I'm considering taking it out to flower.

• BR2K
    replied
    I am also considering trying one or two diffusers, like for essential oils. I already own them.

Leave a comment:

• SoOrbudgal
    commented on 's reply
    Same here i'm not worried about it

• NickyChicks
    replied
    I was having issues with humidity, RH in my basement where my tent is sits below 30% in the winter and my tent RH was around 25%. Now I'm up around 36% and I've gotten it up to 50%. I now have two small room humidifiers in my tent, now the issue is my exhaust fan sucks the moisture right out. I opened the fresh air vents wide open on the bottom of the tent, that helped. I also tried recirculating the air from my tent back into the basement, I aimed the vent hose back at the fresh air vent on the outside of the tent with hopes to recirculate some of that moisture back in, it also seemed to work. I have humidifier on each side of my tent furtherst from the intake for the fan. The humidifiers are set on halfway, I can get about 48hrs out of 2gals. If I set them on max, I'll go through 2gals in 24hrs but humidity will be closer to 50%. Other than that, hanging a wet towel would probably be a good option too. I didn't try that but I probably will just to see if it helps

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    Originally posted by starramus View Post
    BR2K That's quite low. Where are you in Death Valley?

"Average Humidity
    The relative humidity levels in Death Valley fall well below the national average, ranging from about 55 percent at night and 32 percent at day during winter months, from December through February, to as low as 25 percent at night and 10 percent at day during summer months, in June and July.Jan 31, 2018"

I just checked mine here in the sun room, and it is 31% My wife has a number of tropical plants, and they are all doing well. I am in the high desert, and have not had any significant negative effects from the low humidity. Are you seeing a problem developing?
    I too, am in the high desert. I can't be specific, for obvious reasons. Let it suffice to say I won't be posting my efforts. I haven't started growing yet but I hope to within a month...Just for personal use.

Leave a comment:

• Canuck147
    commented on 's reply
    I like this answer - I believe I'm in the same mindset - less chance of WPM I'll use it.

• WizardsNThings
    commented on 's reply
    Last year I did buy a small humidifier for like $35 and put it right outside the tent. It helped a little bit..can't remember exactly, maybe 10%? That was more for the flowering phase but I probably won't bother this year.

• starramus
    replied
    BR2K That's quite low. Where are you in Death Valley?

"Average Humidity
    The relative humidity levels in Death Valley fall well below the national average, ranging from about 55 percent at night and 32 percent at day during winter months, from December through February, to as low as 25 percent at night and 10 percent at day during summer months, in June and July.Jan 31, 2018"

I just checked mine here in the sun room, and it is 31% My wife has a number of tropical plants, and they are all doing well. I am in the high desert, and have not had any significant negative effects from the low humidity. Are you seeing a problem developing?
    Last edited by starramus; 01-13-2020, 10:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    Whoops! After reviewing GWE, I think I'd better utilize one of these excellent suggestions. I'm leaning toward JuanHondo's solution. Snce I will be growing in coco/perlite, I don't want my plants to absorb too much of the nutrients: https://www.growweedeasy.com/humidity

Leave a comment:

• BR2K
    replied
    As always - You folks ROCK! I will start with nothing (don't want to invite WPM) and go from there.

Leave a comment:

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X