Purple Punch and Honey B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purple Punch and Honey B

Both by Barneys Farms the Honey B is 12 days older . The Purple Punch is an Indica allegedly ,she sure got tall fast. I'm going to top the Honey B take off all the lower stuff. Same with the P.P. when she gets some more growth. Each goes into 5 gallon top feed dwc.Both are photo-period. The Purple Punch seed was new the Honey B was at least 4 years old. Maybe that's the difference in height ?
    Focus and relativity.

Topped and trimmed. What you think, should I take off the bottom nodes now ? Or would it be alright to let be and maybe make clones ?
    Focus and relativity.

Comment

You could wait and take clones to swap with other GWE members local to ya. Just a thought...

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
        Eliot Pryor commented
        Editing a comment
        FunkyButtLovin I'm up for sharing clones. I can only grow so many in small space but if you do dwc I can fix you up with a clone in a few weeks.

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't do DWC but all I would need is cuttings in a cup that was bound for the trash. Fast food to go cups work great and they come with a lid that helps keep water from sloshing out during transport. Just cut off or fold in the little flaps where the straw goes and drop 'em in. It's even adjustable, just fold more flaps for bigger or more cuttings.

• Jordann
        Jordann commented
        Editing a comment
        If I had someone here way up north I have hundreds of possible, viable clones that go into the trash every week or 2 when I trim my plants back. It's a shame but what would I do with thousands of clones a grow cycle...now that I tent grow and not room grow.

Great job fellas love the sharing Eliot Pryor
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Honey B in new home. Wondering whether to take off bottom limbs and go for an actual mainline or just grow 'em out ? Purple Punch has lots of roots now, it is 12 days behind HB. Will top her and trim her up a little bit soon.
        Focus and relativity.

Comment

FunkyButtLovin I will be cloning both of these. P.M. me. I have fond memories of the Honey B but she takes a long time to grow. The Purple Punch is a mostly Indica hybrid and should finish faster. My first try of that strain but I've had very good seeds from Barneys Farms.
          Focus and relativity.

Comment

Have the manifold started on the Honey B. The Purple Punch has some catching up to do. I'm concerned about the PP whether she is a good candidate for mainlining ? She shot up to 5 inches tall before she made any real leaves. So now she is pretty fragile looking.
            Focus and relativity.

Comment

Closer look at PP . Told you it takes a long time for me to take one down. Girl Scout Cookies by Nirvana, been taking buds off her since Christmas.
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
                SoOrbudgal commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL need some help? I'll chop it for ya. They look really ready I have a GSC in my tent also. Hope she's happy today I just fed her some mega crop along with my other photos.

• Eliot Pryor
                Eliot Pryor commented
                Editing a comment
                I don't get in a hurry till I need the space. I am very lazy and the new girls get all the attention. Hmmm ain't that how it always is ?

Starting 12/12 on Honey B. The B stands for big. Expecting 200 % stretch. The Purple punch is supposed to be a short plant but this one ain't. Gave up on manifolding her because after the first step she really stalled.
              Focus and relativity.

Comment

Now I need the space. Finally finished taking down Girl Scout Cookies, happened to find note on when she started from seed. 8/14/19. Anyone asks how long it takes to grow pot, tell them it takes a long time. Purple Punch in new home. Honey B says look out light here we come.
                Focus and relativity.

Comment

Very nice! I too am making clones, and mothers to keep clones going. From up the street I was gifted 2 Girl Scout Cookies clones, and a promise of a pineapple kush cutting in a few weeks. Mazar I Shariff is doing nice, the Magic Dragons with their fat fat leaves (I'll make seed with these as well) look wonderful. GDP and Black Domina in soils to sprout, mothers will be made. As I was showing off the "library" he spotted the rusty glue and got excited "We have been looking for that" I told him new420guy has it it is Paul's creation.
                  Once I am setup I will take orders for free clones to other card carrying Okies, and seed as well.
                  On the list to start BB3, Pibuert, shock trauma, and Tajikastani Hash Plant.
                  I will also be doing some crosses like mazar x THP, mazer x pibuert, thp x pibuert, GDP x GDP (I got this idea from seedsman) and so on.
                  This is to much fun!

Comment

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    BTW we can send seed through the mail, even to other states (CA might be tough with their ag laws)

• Rwise
                    Rwise commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I liked this too, they sprayed the plants for pests before bringing them to my home. I will be doing the same, capt jacks dead bug on the shopping list!

• Eliot Pryor
                    Eliot Pryor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Clones are fun for sure but I have very limited space so they can be overwhelming. I have cloned clones from clones up to 8 generations. Unfortunately that was back during prohibition and I had to let them go by the way. I hope to start a sort of sog grow. I have a couple of 3 hole tops for 5 gallon buckets that take 3 inch net pots. Try to grow some of those straight up buds like I have seen on you tube. I have grown the Honey B before and this was my last seed so I am really glad the clones are doing well. The Purple Punch is new to me but the genetics include Grand Daddy Purple and Larry OG. Suppose to be pretty high thc ? Still trying for that kind of smoke I had in 1966. LOL Have a great grow!!

Honey B has doubled in height now, she is getting scary big. Light is at the top of ratchet pulls now so I'll put in some zip-ties and get maybe 6 inches more. Then ...? Purple Punch kinda gets up all saggy looking but she will perk up all day then do it again tomorrow. She is still vegging.
                  Focus and relativity.

Comment

Eliot Pryor we bought some purple punch at dispensary we liked it I think a gram ran $9 we are low on good evening smoke. Had a appt. in town today bought another couple grams of triple crown OG 22.8 THC. That I've really liked. FYI
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Honey B has almost reached the light, she has about 6 weeks to go. Purple Punch is 12 days behind Honey B, she is indica so she wont be near as tall. I have never grown such huge fan leaves but there is nothing under them and they are so pretty and green I just let 'em go for now.
                      Focus and relativity.

Comment

The Honey B is 27 days from 12/12 switch. Purple Punch is 13 days. H B is starting to glisten a little, this strain flowers a long time. And gets fatter the whole time. The Purple Punch was described as indica dominant, short and stocky. Hmmm ? She still stretching.
                        Focus and relativity.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X