High humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HYDRO High humidity

Sorry if this has been covered but I've searched a lot.
    I'm doing bubbleponics and I know this is adding my problem right from the start.
    I'm a total noob. First timer. I'm in s FLA so that also adds to my issue. My room is about 4' x 5'. I have a dehumidifier for 1200 sq ft room. I've got a mini split set on dry mode. After reading last Sunday's email I gave the girls a serious haircut.
    The room Is fairly well sealed. Not perfect but pretty good.
    starting to get buds now and cannot get the humidity below about 65% with any consistency.
    It's a little cooler and dryer here today and the room is at 60% but as soon as this cold front is gone it will go right back up.
    Really concerned that I've spent all this money and time and going to end up with moldy buds.
    I have two small fans blowing in there too.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Get a large dehumidifier; the little ones don't work. I invested in one of these: https://www.amazon.com/Frigidaire-FA...s%2C162&sr=8-4

I live a couple of states above you and have to deal with high humidity. No way was I going to risk mold and mildew with the investment I'd already made in my grow room, seeds, etc. This is not an inexpensive hobby if we are trying to grow top shelf bud.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Thanks. I figured a unit for a 1200 sq ft room would surely do a 20 sq ft room.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        I wasted around $100 on small dehumidifiers before I got the Frigidaire, but it's been running well for 3 years. Just keep the filter clean, and soak the reservoir with water and hydrogen peroxide every 6 months, or funky stuff builds up in the reservoir. In a place like FL, you want at least a 50 pint unit; during the most humid times, I empty the reservoir more than once every 24 hours.

Man, if I had a dollar for every dollar I spent tweaking my grow room and my house so that my plants wouldn't get stuff like mildew and root rot,...... I'd have a lot of money... but crappy bud...

This is a 30 pint that I have and has a permanent drain to the out side. Maybe I need to check the filter.

Comment

Think I figured it out. Setting the mini split on dry mode made the room to cold for the dehumidifier to work. We'll see. Thanks

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck with it. Keeping the filter clean will help it to work a lot better.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X