Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What type of music do your plants listen too.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What type of music do your plants listen too.

I hear its good for the plants, but think its more for me. I always play music when I'm in the grow room. Todays selection was a mix of Alice Cooper.

Wow. I didn't think anyone knew this secret & I planned to share- but it's a proven fact that plants enjoy music- especially classical chamber music. Think Tchaikovsky, Haydin & Mozart. My 3rd grade science experiment proved this. Also, when milkin cows chamber music relaxes them & encourages them to let their milk down.

I leave the TV on the xfinity music choice classical masterpieces whenever I leave & sometimes just to listen & enjoy it with them.

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      We leave the tv on for the dogs...but NO SPORTS CHANNELS. They don’t like the aggression of the announcers when they get excited. On the other hand, they love Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune

• starramus
      starramus commented
      Editing a comment
      JDU I vote for Bach's Brandenburg Concertos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCPM8DEsvmc Very cerebral. Your plants may discover Special Relativity for the second time.

I haven't had the radio in the room for a while now so it's usually me singing if they hear anything. Lately it's Rubberband Man, Superstition, Across 110th Street. I think I'm going to move the radio back in there today. Thanks for the reminder!
    Last edited by FunkyButtLovin; 01-02-2020, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDU View Post
      Wow. I didn't think anyone knew this secret & I planned to share- but it's a proven fact that plants enjoy music- especially classical chamber music. Think Tchaikovsky, Haydin & Mozart. My 3rd grade science experiment proved this. Also, when milkin cows chamber music relaxes them & encourages them to let their milk down.

I leave the TV on the xfinity music choice classical masterpieces whenever I leave & sometimes just to listen & enjoy it with them.
      Good to know, Thank You. Not sure if I can do classical music though. Just not my style.

Comment

• Farmall
        Farmall commented
        Editing a comment
        JDU we’d get along very very well 🪕

• JDU
        JDU commented
        Editing a comment
        @ Farmall Agreed

• BaccaRacca
        BaccaRacca commented
        Editing a comment
        Not Mozart! "Too many nutes."

An hour of Tibetan bells, half an hour before and half an hour after switching from light to dark and back again. Otherwise Tibetan chants cranked up to 11. Makes for a good couchlock weed.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6
      Nutes
      CalMag

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
        An hour of Tibetan bells, half an hour before and half an hour after switching from light to dark and back again. Otherwise Tibetan chants cranked up to 11. Makes for a good couchlock weed.
        WOW this is a bigger deal than I thought.

Comment

Slayer!!!!
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely fabulous Mr.furley. I had the hair. Teenage tinnitus. Bad attitude. And was completely rebellious. I went to a triple header concert. Helloween, Anthrax, and maybe Slayer. Do not mosh near assholes who drink too much beer. It's usually guys who do.
            I grew out of all that because I didn't take any of it seriously. My buddy still sneaks off to heavy metal concerts after 35 years. He is a real high priced, corporate, appellate lawyer. Has his own IMDb page for doing a TV show about a death row inmate he's doing pro bono work for. Doesn't have the hair but has the t-shirts and CD's. Maybe mp3's or whatever you kids use these days.

• Gingerbeard
            Gingerbeard commented
            Editing a comment
            I would also like to lay this on you Mr.furley. Sometimes the guitar and bass get in the way. You'll see...

• Mr.furley
            Mr.furley commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha, yeah that dude needs less speed!

I get you, the pit is a hard one and even last year I was front and center acting half my age, getting squished and smashed at a show but at my age there is a looooooong recovery time, bruises, aches and pains. Muziek- depends on the mood,

Or

White noise. Like a late night tv station that goes to that snow and makes that 'psckeescpdehnczdlkj' noise. Sometime a fan with bad bearings. That's stupid making weed.
          Sometimes I cry over them. Sweet, sweet, sobs of woe. I tell them I love them in sweet, sweet coos of a dove. Makes for a real introspective weed.
          Whale humping calls. Not whale mating calls. Not humpback whale calls. The moment of impact. Makes for a sweet, sweet love making weed. A hot buttered man, so to speak.
          Sneak up on them and yell 'Boo!' several times a day. Makes for a paranoid weed. I can't think of anything sweet, sweet about that.
          More elephant!

Coco/perlite
          3x3x6
          Nutes
          CalMag

Comment

• JDU
            JDU commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice!!! I tell mine good morning & goodnight as the lights turn on/off & how beautiful they are every day!! 😊

• Farmall
            Farmall commented
            Editing a comment
            That test pattern noise disappeared when cable tv took over the land. In Vermont 50 yrs ago it was bedtime at 11:30 or go Canadian with the CBC network in French

• Anansi
            Anansi commented
            Editing a comment
            Would Hendrix' Purple Haze bring out the psychedelic effects in my Durban Poison harem? 'Cuse me while I kiss the sky.

I like to say good morning how ya feeling when lights go on & say goodnight and no messing around after lights out
          Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
          indoor/outdoor grower
          1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
          1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
          I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
          Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
          Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
          Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Originally posted by Gingerbeard View Post
            White noise. Like a late night tv station that goes to that snow and makes that 'psckeescpdehnczdlkj' noise. Sometime a fan with bad bearings. That's stupid making weed.
            Sometimes I cry over them. Sweet, sweet, sobs of woe. I tell them I love them in sweet, sweet coos of a dove. Makes for a real introspective weed.
            Whale humping calls. Not whale mating calls. Not humpback whale calls. The moment of impact. Makes for a sweet, sweet love making weed. A hot buttered man, so to speak.
            Sneak up on them and yell 'Boo!' several times a day. Makes for a paranoid weed. I can't think of anything sweet, sweet about that.

Much passion in this lady grower. For some strange reason this song popped in my mind. Hope you like it.

Comment

My plants require a steady diet of 70’s-Current, Punk and Alternative Rock. I like to wake them up to Self Esteem by The Offspring and see what kind of mood they’re in. Sometimes they want classic Sex Pistols and sometimes they’re in the mood for a little Foo. Whatever the girls desire, I am more than happy to oblige!!
              Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
              https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

Originally posted by Obi-Wan View Post
                My plants require a steady diet of 70’s-Current, Punk and Alternative Rock. I like to wake them up to Self Esteem by The Offspring and see what kind of mood they’re in. Sometimes they want classic Sex Pistols and sometimes they’re in the mood for a little Foo. Whatever the girls desire, I am more than happy to oblige!!
                Sounds like a good mix.

Comment

• Obi-Wan
                  Obi-Wan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yup, my girls like a fast pace and good rhythm...

If this is true, I’m gonna need to play Inna Gadda Davida long version for the plants so they know what I expect from them

Comment

• Gingerbeard
                  Gingerbeard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Long version of 'Strangle Hold.' Tell them it'll be their fault.

In light of the news of the day. This has to be todays selection.

Comment

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X