No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eliot Pryor, Last summer I ended up with an aphid situation on my first grow, outdoors. After chop and wet trim I used a three station setup with a baking soda bath for the alkaline, a peroxide wash for the opposite and then a water wash and dry. First two buckets were filthy with aphids and the rinse was much better. I probably have been smoking aphids since October! Anyway, Han is sooner to the bath than later I think. I just had lights on and took a peek inside the tent. Not pretty. I'm still ahead of the webs and I'm slowing it down but time is not on my side with the three other normal size plants in the tent. They have from 3 to 5 weeks yet and I'm not sure yet if I will prevail.
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• Eliot Pryor
      Eliot Pryor commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you,sir. Doesn't that wash away the trichromes ?

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      you can buy 3000 lady bug for short money ,I bought 3000 for my Green House and another for the woods grow as long as there is a steady supply of food they will stick around , now inside I found if add them every two weeks you wont see an aphid again ,you might also have spider mites if you have webs

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Funny you should mention ladybugs. We had insanely nice weather yesterday afternoon and Ladybugs were about. My wife managed to grab two and put them in the tent. I have another thread on the Borg and I've used everything I can think of. Anyway, something is working in the tent. The two ladies were dead in an hour. A waste of a helper bug but I'll never know if they were affected by lingering vapors from the Hot Shot or if they ate poisoned mites. I'm hoping poisoned mites as it might mean we've turned the corner.

Varying schools of thought on that. A small percentage of loss is likely but not a real trichome remover. On the other hand if not done then the entire plant is in the burn pit!
    TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
    EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
    AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
    IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

No axe swinging today Gingerbeard - had not watered my teeny weeny past 2 days and she was looking thirsty and droopy - trichomes still just cloudy.

So I gave her a feeding with tea today - all she did was get all perky and turned most of her leaves yellow and her trichomes are now getting quite white.

Maybe tomorrow........
      ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
      Mars Hydro
      Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Pics from today, still just rolling along. Think I’m gonna miss out on the deadline, but don’t think I had a chance against some of these grows in here... killer job everyone! I’ll post what I have closer to the end.
        Attached Files

Comment

They're at the start of flowering week 6. Smelling good, I hope the buds fatten up. The colors on the coco cup are pretty awesome.
          4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
          GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
          Second.Grow​​
          PC.Grow
          Grow.3
          4th.Grow
          I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• Greenlivin
            Greenlivin commented
            Editing a comment
            O-H!

I see that OSU piece in the back. If you live in Ohio, whereabouts are you? I’ve been here for about 9 years now.

• NickyChicks
            NickyChicks commented
            Editing a comment
            I-O! I don't live in Ohio, CT, but my father was raised there and I still have family around the Youngstown area. I am a huge Buckeyes and Cleveland Browns fan, I still claim to be an Indians fan even though I pretty much gave up on MLB in like 2004.

Are we there yet? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0546.JPG
Views:	745
Size:	852.3 KB
ID:	390076
          ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
          Mars Hydro
          Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JohnEmad
            JohnEmad commented
            Editing a comment
            has to be close...looks like an arm sized cola...lol

Solo GG#4...hmmmm...close, but still needs ripening time. Main cola is filling out pretty nice. Shes been wanting water daily for the past week.
          Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
          Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
          6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
          Canna Coco/perlite
          General Hydroponics Flora Series
          Cal/Mag.

Tent
          Bruce Banner
          Kushy Kush
          2Cookies and cream

Comment

Day 85 for the G-14, she’s been on water only for 5 days and will be coming down in a day or 2.
            Failure is an opportunity for improvement!!

Current Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...s-jedi-og-grow

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-gorilla-grow

Completed Grows:
            https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ang-jack-herer

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-northern-soul

Comment

• Greenlivin
              Greenlivin commented
              Editing a comment
              This is definitely a contender! Great job.

• billyboy
              billyboy commented
              Editing a comment
              Phat! I cannot believe you grew that in a cup

Still chugging along, ten days to fatten up
            Click image for larger version

Name:	20200331_202049.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	390565
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Fantastic, thats just what all y'all did!

Comment

Finished plants can be posted here.

:PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Ready or not the the time has finally come to open the judging for the 2020 GWE solo cup grow off. Please keep the following rules for this thread. 1) Only competitors should be posting here. 2) Post only once, one plant and only a sole cup plant. you get one post so make it count 3) plants must
                You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Not ready for the other thread but starting to show some bud

Name:	IMG_20200401_100039.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	2.52 MB
ID:	390677Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200401_100042.jpg
Views:	668
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	390678

Comment

My little Alaskan purple has some real nice colors going on right now, thought I would share. I swear she purpled up dramatically overnight. Can't wait to see everybodys plants on the other thread next week! Stay healthy and have a nice weekend!
                    4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
                    GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
                    Second.Grow​​
                    PC.Grow
                    Grow.3
                    4th.Grow
                    I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

• Canuck147
                      Canuck147 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We've already been posting on the other thread - your plant looks fabulous.

• NickyChicks
                      NickyChicks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Canuck147 yeah I know, I'm watching. Not supposed to post in there other than entries. My plants aren't ready lol I will have an entry post on that thread, probably on the final day.

So I’m still a few weeks out, all of my pistils are still white and we’re just kind of sitting around fattening up (both of us). I’ve managed to drag this whole first time out as long as humanly possible, but it’s still looking good. Absolutely no smell which is weird, maybe that’ll pop in later. My second lady is filling out nicely and is about two weeks behind. Getting a lot of sugar so I’m hoping these babies rock!
                    Attached Files

Comment

You might recall that I dropped out of the solo cup competition because I didn't want to waste a plant. Also I had decided to mainline the plant as it was an Amnesia Lemon Kush that I no longer have any seeds. I formed the base at least, and waited for recovery. Sometime further into the grow I discovered that it was a male. No shit I mainlined a male! I don't like to kill plants as i am a softee so I gave it to my neighbor lady. She sent me a photo of her new boyfriend.

Name:	IMG_3085.jpeg
Views:	637
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	393176

Comment

• starramus
                        starramus commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Fortunately I planted a back up which is a female, and flourishing. I don't know what it is about this strain, but it is a very slow going seedling. All I have planted have been this way.

• Greenlivin
                        Greenlivin commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Too funny. Your neighbor just wanted a new house plant? Hey at least you’ve got some pollen readily available!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X