No announcement yet.

Gwe: Solo cup grow off : 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 days since last update, Day 50 for the solo girls.
    WW is continuing to amaze me. Only did ponytailing and leaf tucking with a bit of defol here and there. She has grown (13"Tx18"W in the stretch now) even and balanced all by herself. Can't wait to see the flowers develop. Supposed to be a frosty strain. FunkyButtLovin looks like you backed the right horse.
    The little plants that could are starting to get some frost and flowers look pretty good on those tiny frames. Thinking the shortest 3 Bears OG will outshine the Beary White strain as they start to approach the last phase of flowering. Will take better pics next time
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 02-22-2020, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Doubledealing72
      Doubledealing72 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good! I hope you have better luck with the 3 bears than I did. I had 2 seeds, and both fo them had Nanners lol.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      @JohnEmand what is ponytailing please ive never heard of it thanks

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey oldjarhead100 Ponytailing involves gathering top growth and putting it into a ponytail in order to expose undergrowth. I even use one of my wife's little hair tying thingies to do it. This supposedly changes the apical dominance enough to trigger the lower branches to grow up causing a more balanced canopy. Much like topping or supercropping etc but without the higher stress. First try at this for me and it seemed to work on the Walter White plant but not so much on my Creme de la Chem in the main tent.
      Thanks Doubledealing72 this little 3bears should finish with no balls I hope. That was just real poor luck you had 2 like that.

Had the plants out for a trim..thought id snap a side by side of solo GG#4 auto beside the other GG#4 auto(5gal pot). Both started Jan 1st. 5 gallon lady is gonna be a big plant! Looks like 5-6 decent colas so far on solo cup..shes spread out now trying to get the stragglers to stretch up a bit.
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Comment

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      Looking good I have about the same size difference between solo and 3 gal pot except your solo is much bigger than mine lol

• OlderNOTwiser
      OlderNOTwiser commented
      Editing a comment
      We've been doing this all wrong. Where can we get a used fish shanty and set this up for real! I think he's been using real fresh fish!

Gooooooood morning everyone!

I would like to apologize for my absence, I had a vacation to California take me from the updates and posting I would have been doing here.

first off let me say that you all are doing a great job, the plant are looking super.

I had to leave everything in the care of someone I trust for two weeks and this was the last picture I took on Feb 6th
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200207_045708.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.91 MB ID:	377815 I Had The Plant Put In Flowering On February 14th, still watering once a day. I snapped a quick picture when I got off the plant last night and this is it.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200222_002818.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	377816 I will get my shit back together and post up a couple more details and pictures on the coming days.

once again beautiful job everybody, I have been watching.

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• homegrown
      homegrown commented
      Editing a comment
      welcome back...looks like your plant caretaker did a nice job while you were away. Solo's getting nice and full.

Today marks the end of week 4 for my two Suver Haze plants. Flipped them over to 12/12 yesterday. They both look pretty good, however I think the smaller one is experiencing some root bound issues. It just doesn’t look very happy.

Mr.furley Welcome back- hope you had a nice vacation.
    Attached Files
    Current Grow:
    • Amnesia Auto Fem (Advanced Seeds) (1 gal contestant)
    • NYC Diesel (Advanced Seeds)
    • Strawberry Cheesecake (Seedsman)
    ​​​​Nutrients
    • Dr. Earth Organic dry amendments
    • Bloom City Organic- Foilar Spray, Cal Mag, Silica Boost, and Root Stimulator
    • Incredible Bulk Organic Bloom Booster
    • Dr. Earth Golden Bloom Organic Flower Enhancer
    • Black Strap Molasses
    • Mega Crop all purpose nutrients
    • Flower Fuel bloom booster

Comment

Hey guys, I too have been too absent. But here are my girls: Mango clone in bonsai wire LST and went into flower 8 days ago.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_223123791_HDR.jpg
Views:	425
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	377830
      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_223100996_HDR.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	377831

Also the two autos, SuperDense and Greatwhite started flowering a couple weeks ago. Super Dense is very tall and lanky, looks kinda hungry even though I've been feeding MegaCrop. I added some CalMg+.

Y'all some crazy mofos doin some crazy mufun shit, yo. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_222715316_HDR.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	1.85 MB
ID:	377832Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200221_222746234.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	1.67 MB
ID:	377833
      Nothing is foolproof for the sufficiently talented fool.

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Greenlivin, I use the skinny soft wire and gently wrap it around the stem, and then bend the wire in order to hold the shape of the stem bent over. With the top bent over, it causes the lower branches to grow longer, even let them catch up to the main top.

When the clone is about 3 inches tall with 3 or 4 side branches, I take about an 8 inch piece of wire, and I start with middle of the wire at the soil, and I gently spiral it up and around the stem careful to avoid wrapping over the tiny side branches, and slightly loose to allow for room to grow thicker, and continue wrapping until just below the tip, leaving an inch or two of excess wire to use as a handle for when you need to unwind and rewrap in about a week, and allow for continued growth.

Then gently bend the wire and stem together, until the top is almost touching the side of your cup.

The bottom branches will start growing longer and stronger. When it's almost as long as the main, usually a week or so, I unwrap the bottom end of the wire from the trunk, and re-wrap it around the bottom branch to hold it out in the opposite direction from the main stem. I take another short wire to spread the next two branches out to the sides to make like a quadline, and then topped and fimmed the tips.

You could make your main stem go longer into a big spiral, and cut off all the branches pointing into the center...

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a little more time consuming, but when I tie down branches to the edges of the container, I keep snagging the wires when I pluck leaves, and occasionally break off nice big branches. I don't have that problem now.

• Greenlivin
        Greenlivin commented
        Editing a comment
        interesting. Didn’t think it would be so tricky. Going to give it a whirl though and see what I come up with. Have you tried this on a larger scale? Curious how it affects yield.

Hannah's ghost just isn't what she should be. I'm going to keep her around as a whipping boy. E.C. and G. are just giddy with bud sites a-poppin'. Not much time left in the grow so I figured I best flip them. My Purple Hulks are 5 weeks in so I thought I would go ahead and flip everything.
      I upped my nutes. That might have been a mistake. A flush, tomorrow. Looking to add something FF for flowering.
      More elephant!

Coco/perlite
      3x3x6

Comment

• DingusKhan
        DingusKhan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey, she's got tiny pistils showing. They look great!

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        looking good I love the first picture with the sky in backround

Getting her cleaned up tonight, she's a little droopy I'll be watching that a bit. On another note I had to bust some LST on the Solo cup to balance out the plant pulling on the other side, that's a first.
      roughly day 8 from the flip.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200224_002413.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.34 MB ID:	378346
      Click image for larger version  Name:	20200223_211921.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	378347Click image for larger version  Name:	20200223_211911.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.84 MB ID:	378348

You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

• oldjarhead100
        oldjarhead100 commented
        Editing a comment
        great idea for tying down I'll have to store that one only problem is putting something in my head is like putting a lighter in a woman's purse tough to find again lol

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Now that's creative LOL

One of these things is not like the others...
      TENT: Cool Grow 3x3x6 LIGHT: M-H TSW2000
      EXHAUST: AC Infinity T-4 and controller 67
      AIR CIRC: AC Infinity Cloudray S6 x2
      IRRIGATION: BluMat Tropf NUTRIENTS: Earth Dust

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
        SoOrbudgal commented
        Editing a comment
        Hmmm which is the " real bud " she's partying with the spring flowers.

• OlderNOTwiser
        OlderNOTwiser commented
        Editing a comment
        As you can tell by the white background spring is an illusion at best for us.

• Gingerbeard
        Gingerbeard commented
        Editing a comment
        What do you s'pose the people driving down that road would think if they knew there was a marijuana kingpin just a few feet off the road?

2 week since the switch for these girls, the coco cup looks a little sad but i dried her out pretty good. She looks much better today than yesterday since I fed her
      4x4x6.5 tent, (2) 18"x46" LED Strip Fixtures 440w?? 🙃 (2) Solacure UVB T8s, Infinity T6 fan, (4) 5gal DWC res.
      GH Trio, Calimagic, LKB, Armor Si, Sweet, Hydroguard, GH pH

First.Grow
      Second.Grow​​
      PC.Grow
      Grow.3
      4th.Grow
      I used to smoke pot. I still do, but I used to too.

Comment

Sister Glue chugging on - 16 inches tall Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_111954.jpg
Views:	336
Size:	816.2 KB
ID:	378472Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_111943.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	759.7 KB
ID:	378471Click image for larger version

Name:	20200224_111939.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	378470
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          she's doing her stretch - growing millimeters every day and thirsty thirsty thirsty.

• Gingerbeard
          Gingerbeard commented
          Editing a comment
          Canuck147 you sure do know how to use Poto-chop. I can't even tell where you cut and pasted.
          At this point I don't why I'm even bothering. Except mine has a better backstory.

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          You want a substitute? I'll do that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_98024.jpg
Views:	359
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	378539 Here ya go Gingerbeard - been a while since I've grown a sativa - this is Maui - and for your 'believe it or not' both these plants came out of the ground within days of each other.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200224_134801.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	378538
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, How did you get my Maui plant Canuck147? Let me know where you are and I will come get her in a few weeks

• Canuck147
          Canuck147 commented
          Editing a comment
          Won't be ready in a few weeks - more like 7 or 8 weeks. And I live in Abbotsford BC

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice place to live in, Abbotsford. That warm coastal influence. A lot of good weed has been grown in BC and all those bovines high on shrooms in the fall.

That's forced perspective. A simple optical illusion. A trompe l'oeil.
        I got it! You live in a house that is 7.1 times larger than a normal house. Ergo, you are using a one gallon Solo cup. But that would make your plant 113.6" tall. I'm guessing you are a rather large person, Canuck147 and smoke real large bowls.
        The only way I can feel okay with your so called big-ass-plant-in-a-Solo-cup is if I convince myself you're cheating. Cool?
        Last edited by Gingerbeard; 02-24-2020, 06:43 PM.
        More elephant!

Coco/perlite
        3x3x6

Comment

• SmashGuitar
          SmashGuitar commented
          Editing a comment
          Good job Canuck147 ! Hey Gingerbeard did you not know that Canada has 80% of the worlds fresh water? My bad typo 20%
          Last edited by SmashGuitar; 02-26-2020, 01:25 AM.

• oldjarhead100
          oldjarhead100 commented
          Editing a comment
          I didn't know that smashGuitar ,great reason to move to canada if the SHTF around here

• JohnEmad
          JohnEmad commented
          Editing a comment
          I had read that Canada was one of the top countries in the world with fresh water reserves but not 80% of it SmashG. Are you sure about that?
          Last edited by JohnEmad; 02-25-2020, 11:35 PM.

sooooo...i have a late entry due to and accidental clone. in the process of trimming my super lemon haze, i had 3 cuttings that looked too good to throw in the trash. i put them in a juice glass with plain tap water and they have been sitting on my kitchen table for about 3 weeks. today, i noticed one had some pretty long roots so I threw it in a solo cup and in the tent with the big girls flowering. there really isn't room for it in there, and it's not getting much light...and i'm pretty sure it will be dead tomorrow...but, i'm pumped about being (briefly) in the contest!

Comment

Right on! She's a healthy looking start. And her big sisters are real purdy too!!
        Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
        Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
        6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
        Canna Coco/perlite
        General Hydroponics Flora Series
        Cal/Mag.

Comment

yesterday morning when I went down I was preening the girls I realized my solo entry wasn't there, WTF as I looked closer I saw she was still there only hidden by her big sisters I used 2 bricks to get above the canopy lol
          others have much bigger plants ,I figured since it was going to be root bound ,grow a strain that was small to begin with, shs going to be one fat bud lol
          new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
          current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X