Nutrient deficiency or toxicity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutrient deficiency or toxicity?

I have developed a problem over the last week. My plants fan leaves are blotchy and not looking great. I am 6 weeks into flower on a tangerine dream from San Rafael. I’m thinking two to 3 weeks left. She is in a 5 gallon fabric pot in a 5 foot x3x3 tent with a 300 watt led full spectrum light.

the buds have slowed in development but are starting to display orange hairs. The buds are the only promising looking thing though. The sugar leaves are dark with burnt tips. the fan leaves are discoloured and look terrible.

I recently slowed down the nutrients I was giving 2 litres mixed with nutes and the other two ph’d water. I felt the ph was too low for a soil grow once the nutes were mixed and this is the reason for going half strength. My run off ph is 6.4-6.5. I’m wondering if I need to keep lowering or go back to full strength. I am not good at diagnosing what the leaf is telling me as far as deficiency or toxicity. This is my first grow and I’m learning as much as I can.

any help is much appreciated. Sorry for the pink pictures.
    Attached Files

how did you score San Rafael genetics, bag seed?

why not ph the nute solution as well?

correct me if i'm wrong but runoff is only part of the equation.. if your ph solution is 7 and your runoff is 6.5 your medium will be lower than that and you really want to avoid anything too acidic in soil as P-K lockout is a threat.

i'm not seasoned at this stuff yet tho so wait for more replies before applying any changes to your routine.

how often do you water?

i do know i see a few grows where the sugar leaves are well into biting the big one right before time comes to chop.

Comment

• Newguy36
      Newguy36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes sir.! It was a seed I found in a jar I bought from the government store. Germinated it and got lucky I guess. Everything I’ve done has been out of necessity to keep it alive. Lol I now have a full setup and will probably continue to grow my four for personal use.

Back to the issue. I do ph my solution every time. If you read my post I said I backed off on the nutes because the ph was too low I thought. Around 5.9 once I added my organic nutrients to my water. I’m watering every 3 days so basically twice a week. From what I’ve read it is more important to know the run off ph because it tells you what it is at the roots once absorbed by soil.

Hopefully someone can help. I am watering tonight and don’t want to make the situation worse. I think I’m going to go back to full strength nutrients because it wasn’t until I backed off that the plant displayed these issues. Let’s just hope I’m not making it worse. I’m going to remove the one with nitrogen because I can clearly see the leaves are dark and are burnt at the very tip. Everything I read tells my that is nitrogen toxicity.

So close to the finish and I don’t want to screw this up.

Thanks.

Could you take a pic in natural like of plant. Helps to judge the issue. TY
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      Natural Light picture is what I ment to say......der

• Newguy36
      Newguy36 commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured out what you meant. Lights don’t come on until 7pm eastern time then I’ll be able to get her out for a pic

• Newguy36
      Newguy36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there. I have posted some photos of it in natural light. Hopefully you can help. So close the finish.

Thanks in advance.

I can't see anything in those pics.
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Newguy36
      Newguy36 commented
      Editing a comment
      Here you go Alltatup. Hopefully you can help. To be honest the buds are half covered with orange hairs so it is very near harvest so I think I’m in the clear but I’d like to do what I can to make it happy. Here are som naturally lit photos.

Thanks in advance.

you need to focus on the ph going in as well as out.

a runoff ph of 6.4/6.5 is all i saw..

gov bagseed is completely plausible, i wouldent advertise it publically but in the forum nobody going to narc you out for avoiding crappy gov options.. there has been enough time passing now that clones could have been hybridized with various seeds or other clones and cannabis genetic testing isn't worth while to slap a grower on the wrist in my opinion.

if your water going in is ph 8 and runoff is 6.5 your medium is like in the 5's.

what ph do your nutes have and when you backed them off whats the ph of the water you diluted it with?

Comment

• Newguy36
      Newguy36 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not illegal to grow a weed seed you found in marijuana purchased from the government.

In one of my replies I stated that the ph of the solution mixed at full strength is 5.8 ish . I backed
      The nutes off due to this. I didn’t want the soil to be too acidic. Now I have issues.

• Newguy36
      Newguy36 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s not illegal to grow a weed seed you found in marijuana purchased from the government.

In one of my replies I stated that the ph of the solution mixed at full strength is 5.8 ish . I backed
      The nutes off due to this. I didn’t want the soil to be too acidic. Now I have issues.

If the plant were mine I'd sit her inna bathtub and slowly flush with 4 or 5 gal. of ph 6.5 water with the last gal. being half strength. neuts full strength. cal-mag, then wait for the pot to be light before resuming water- water feed schd.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	0FCB8541-2911-46D3-A268-A4338231B88B.jpeg
Views:	164
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	360358Click image for larger version

Name:	DA5EC3FF-4EF0-44B5-80F5-67947C1F2458.jpeg
Views:	191
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	360357Click image for larger version

Name:	64C511CC-88D9-43CB-860C-4E33405E8563.jpeg
Views:	172
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	360356Click image for larger version

Name:	696AFB02-A8A2-44E1-9660-97B4F1C4617E.jpeg
Views:	180
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	360355

Comment

Excellent idea alltatup would not harm plant any further than whats been done if anything breath abit of life to it.
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X