No announcement yet.

Tincture questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duckman if I’m not mistaken, you can re-constitute the oil once you have evaporated the alcohol. But, you may have a quantity of water in the lower proof alcohol. I can’t remember how this process ties in but check out extractcrafter.com. He has a lot of notes on what he has done along these lines. Which oil do you plan on using?

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      JohnEmad The Source extractor is an amazing machine that allows you to make lots of different end products. Everything that Ichiban does is with the Source.

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks, Farmall, for the info and what looks to be a site full o' info! not sure about the oil, still in the planning stages...would something as basic as olive oil from the pantry be okay?

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes it would.... I use it all ( you know being Sicilian Italian would be a crime to not use olive oil ) , MCT and coconut oil. The coconut oil is available as two types. One goes back to a solid when it cools the other is a liquid oil and stays that way

My most excellent friend alltatup set me up straight on this machine early in my “career” and it does a supreme job. I’ve made concentrates, orange oil from orange peel and evergreen oil from our Christmas tree. Amazing fragrances . I put a few drops into an aroma thing with water and it smells outrageous for hours. It is some kind of ultra sonic plastic shit that puts out a sort of steamy vapor. The sell them in Marshall’s or TJMaxx type stores and probably on amazon.

my problem is that the concentrates are TOOOO strong and I must mix them with coconut oil or MCT and then capsules and salves for aches a pains. I am making a high CBD extract for my 91 yr old mom and my sister. If I could quit work and devote a bunch more time in a week to doing this it would be great.

there are other distillers out there but this one is truly a breeze to use and has extremely diverse potentials. I’m not a Facebook person but there is an excellent source of information on the extract group there as well. Just gotta know some of the information is not accurate as people seem to just spout out information with no backup or justifications of its efficacy. I like to think that the science behind it proves out the details and if it can’t .....hmmmm!

Comment

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      it looks like a great device but at $2,026.34 CDN on amazon I won't be getting one

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      It's $600 in the US. I'll ship it to anyone interested, if they pay...

Farmall That is so excellent what you did with your xmas tree!!! And I feel the exact same way: I want to be free to do this full time. I sure hope your stupid state legalizes SOON!!!!!!!

They are all so stupid for not legalizing. I mean, it's no surprise in the deep South, which is as backwards as it gets. D.A.A.S.69 wrote about people in jail for decades and decades for growing weed: that's just insane. What on earth reason could they have for not letting those people go at this point in time? Just pure, ignorant, malicious STUPIDITY.
      Last edited by alltatup; 01-22-2020, 02:35 PM.

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      alltatup it's absolutely scary what goes on in this state, the law are like big whitetail bucks in rut with a hard-on, just looking for a pothead, they don't mess around, down here,
      One of my buddies said, a bottle of shampoo from Dollar store, for a dollar ,costs 4bucks up there in the commissary.
      Whats a hippie, doing in Parchman Farm any way for years and years for growing a little Jane .
      This state us getting redder an redder, every year, damn sure aint getting greener an greener.
      We did get enough signatures this year, but that ain't gonna do nothin cause they just elected the Lt. Gov, from the last redneck Gov, same old sh-t.
      We don't need no medical type stuff, we need it legal, period,
      Like I've said before don't come thru this state holding.
      Later Sis

I water cure the fan leaves and stems to get rid of the chlorophyll. Water curing is amazing for leaves and stems. I can't believe how green the water gets overnight. I pour off the water and refill it until it no longer turns green.

I decarb everything in the Ardent, then jar it in a canning jar with everclear. And then I just leave it there for months just pouring off what I need as I need it.

Comment

Think I am ready to make some tincture as well. I cannot smoke much due to lung problems(could be that hot knifing hash & oil daily for years caused some damage lol). Green dragon will be 1st. Still have to pickup the dark mason jars. Have the Everclear and more then enough good trim and bud. Using the method described in GWE. Decarb, place in jar, add EC, let stand in dark cold place and shake from time to time. After the long soak and shakes coffee filters will have to do. Should do the trick unless anyone can suggest changes to that method making it easier or more beneficial. @alltatup what do you think? I will probably mix up another batch using a faster method after that. Months for the end product is ok but a faster method will solve the wait.
    As for costly machines I will need a lottery win or a kind benefactor to get one of those anytime soon.
    Last edited by JohnEmad; 01-25-2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

check out this page, JohnEmad, it's basically an advert for Source Turbo but there is some great info there https://extractcrafter.com/2017/06/2...ce-vs-freezer/

Comment

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi duckman, Had a couple looks on that site already. I find if you check enough articles the basic pattern emerges and they will all work to a degree.

I might try to make some Tinctures sometime in the future. Question? What should I do with my Trimmings in the meantime? Do I just put them in a mason jar and burp them along with my buds until I'm ready to use them?
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      I dry the trim in thick paper bags, decarb it when it's completely dry, put it in some Everclear and store in freezer.

• Sledrock
      Sledrock commented
      Editing a comment
      kingfish @allatup Thanks guys... I don't think you can get Everclear around these parts, or Bacardi 151 for that matter.
      Last edited by Sledrock; 01-26-2020, 01:16 AM.

• duckman
      duckman commented
      Editing a comment
      not sure where you're at, Sledrock, but here in Ontario you can get Spirytus vodka at the LCBO, it will do in a pinch.

2 ounces of bud turning into tincture. decarbed @250F for 30 mins in mason jars to limit the odor. Everclear poured in and into the fridge. One tincture we will use soon and the other can age some.
    Going to start making oil unfused next batch perhaps.
    This is going to be much better then only smoking it for us anyway.

Comment

• Farmall
      Farmall commented
      Editing a comment
      JohnEmad look into making some pain salve for your shoulder. I have two torn rotators. Had the worst one surgically repair. The recovery period sucked. 3 weeks with my arm in a sling that raised it up and stuck it out away from my hip, slept in a chair and took OxyContin for 2 months and 2 cortisone shots after surgery. Add 45 days of physical therapy...The repair is now perfect....That experience drove me to the pain salve for number 2 and it does really help

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      JohnE, I recommend that you don't mix something with such a low alcohol percentage directly to your tincture. Ouzo is like 37% alcohol, the rest is water. Cannabis can't infuse in water, so its presence cuts down on complete infusion of the chemicals into the alcohol. That's why I use 190 proof Everclear; it's the best for Cannabis tincture.

• JohnEmad
      JohnEmad commented
      Editing a comment
      Farmall I will look into making a salve for sure Sorry to hear you had to go through those injuries. I have always been someone to push hard so my injury is the result but pain is no fun.
      alltatup, I figured the alcohol was only watered down to 160 proof from 190 so no real big loss of effectiveness especially with shaking the jar everyday but ya I get the point and agree. I added about 3-4 oz Ouzo 40% alcohol to 16 oz EC 95% alcohol so not really much of a watering down.

So 1 month later and I have some very strong/harsh tasting green liquid that packs a punch. I have been experimenting with dosage from a couple drops to a couple teaspoons. Started to add the tincture to tea and drinking instead of droppers under the tongue. Much more palatable. 2 teaspoons and reality changed big time but I was feeling no pain. This definitely works and I have enough to last the next few months.
    Thanks for the help everyone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200223_092250.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	1.28 MB
ID:	378163

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothin like the green dragon!!!!! ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X