questions the best lighting schedule ANTLUX 80W 4ft LED full spectrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questions the best lighting schedule ANTLUX 80W 4ft LED full spectrum

I have seen several different schedules / suggestions for the proper lighting schedule .
    the most common seems to be :
    seedling = 16/8
    veg = 18/6
    flwr =12/12

I also saw where some one suggested the a 6/2 schedule worked better than the above. Any thoughts / experience with this ?
    it wasn't clear whether this was for all stages or just for flowering ?
    update: it is for veg state

thoughts comments ideas

also ---has anyone had any experience with this LED ?
    Last edited by Cfsimon927; 12-22-2019, 10:38 AM.

18/6 is plenty for seedlings/veg but mine stay under light 24 hours a day 7 days a week until it's time to flower. My 8 week old plants have not seen darkness since the day they were dropped in soil as seeds.

Comment

A 4’ long light at 80 watts isn’t going to be very productive. What size space are you growing in? Are you doing photos or autos?
      There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        Just read the amazon description. 600W output is more like it. 80watt is what they say is the power-in amount. 600 w output, if accurate, would be ideal for a 4x4 tent, or in this case a 4x2. But Chinese makers are hardly accurate on the output measurement. Individual results may vary.

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        What I read was "600w equivalent" which is just cheap blurple led marketing speak for "you're actually getting less than 25% of 600w" and in this case you're only getting 13% . That light is not magically turning 80 watts into 600. It has 640 diodes receiving only 1/8th of 1 watt per? One picture appears to claim it will light up >40 sq. ft. hanging only 15.75" high. I don't think it would be any better than four or five 16w CFLs.

Not enough light in my opinion. Sorry
      Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
      indoor/outdoor grower
      1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
      1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
      I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
      Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
      Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
      Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Here’s 600w of lighting over 4x4 space. This is using some of the best top bin, and highest efficiency, led emitters, albeit not having special IR/UV, and I’m pulling 600w at the wall...600 in = 600 out. Those blurple lights from Amazon are *not* giving you their claimed 600w output.
      UV emitters consume a lot of energy for low level output and that would be e big reduction in the amount of energy available for the rest of the spectrum.

There are 3 things you must check everyday when growing in hydro:
      1) Water level (How much h2o is she drinking in 24hrs)
      2) pH level (change over 24hrs)
      3) ppm/EC level (How much food is she eating in 24hrs)

Comment

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        4x2 sounds right for that light. Still not sure if you will get very good growth/yields from it, but hopefully the light proves us wrong 😉
        Welcome to GWE 😁

• Cfsimon927
        Cfsimon927 commented
        Editing a comment
        well, ya'll seem pretty sure these lights are putting out much less than they claim. i'd love to be able to verify the output...any easy suggestions ?
        Since i am a " newbie" i am sure this is just one of many "opportunities" for me to earn some experience..... we'll see how it turns out, just sprouted some seeds , so here goes a grow cycle with these lights... they are "bag seed" so no idea of strain or yield.... but hey the seeds came from good buds.
        I am also going to try the method mentioned by stephen keen on maximum yield site...where he uses 6/2 as the veg lite cycle... will keep 6/2 for the seedlings also...

• YYCannabis
        YYCannabis commented
        Editing a comment
        You might need a second one for that size space. Again, as FunkyButtLovin mentioned earlier, currently there is no magical abilities to convert 80watts into 600 watts.

The challenges with blurple lights:
        - can’t use a simple meter, like a LUX meter, to measure output.
        - can’t see minor discolorations on leaves that show symptoms of deficiencies.

You can solve the 2nd one by using a white light (flashlight) to inspect plants. But the first problem I mentioned will have to be a trial and error adjustment of light height above the canopy.
        Start by following the makers guidance then adjust light height by watching what your plants are doing for growth.

Keep us posted. There are lots of supportive people here with great knowledge.

I keep my lights on 24-7, from seedlings to harvest, but I grow autos.
      You need to check up on the Quantum Boards for lights, very reasonable, plus hardly any heat, very efficient.
      I think they said somewhere you need about 30-50watts, a square foot, to grow decent plants, imo, I think you can get by with a little less than 30watts, a sq. ft., with QBoards,
      GoodLuck, welcome to GWE. HappyGrowing
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

YYCannabis well I’ve learned a bit from the “burple” lights.
        1- you really need to have this light very close to the canopy for it to give you any value >6-8"
        (this brought the node distance down to 1/2")
        2- my first grow the plants really stretched (good 2" between nodes)
        3- my buds were small and not very compact rather airy
        4- it's time for me to upgrade my lighting
        for the price $70.the antlux was a good buy at the time , but really not best choice for a good yield.
        it will grow decent bud.

Comment

YYCannabis. SoOrbudgal FunkyButtLovin. Thank y’all for your comments. I will get some harvest, but I see the strength of my light needs to increase to have a positive change on my harvest.
          I’ll go with 3 gal fabric pots and approx 400watts(actual) with coir / perlite & general Hydroponics nutrients for next grow

this grow is 1.5 gal plastic pots, coir & perlite mix, gen hydrop nutes...about 4 -5 more weeks before ready .
          The majority of the buds are “larfy”. Is there any way to increase the density of my buds at this stage of the grow?

LEARN TO GROW GROW TO LEARN
          Last edited by Cfsimon927; 03-23-2021, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
            SoOrbudgal commented
            Editing a comment
            Good luck to ya see ya in your next grow adventure. Enjoy your first harvest no matter what

• YYCannabis
            YYCannabis commented
            Editing a comment
            First off...don’t knock the fluffy buds until you’ve smoked one 😉 They are every bit as potent as ‘hard little nuggets” that everyone seems to think they need as a gauge of success. “Tight buds are for bags”....if you’re into dealing/selling weed on the street.

With the first grow, it’s all about learning what you *don’t* know, and learning what you *need* to know (such as light choices). Now you have a better idea of what it takes to get a bountiful harvest from the next garden. 👍 Keep doin’ what you’re doin’ until harvest, then drop some more seeds and do it all over again.

• Cfsimon927
            Cfsimon927 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for y'alls comments and support....this forum & members is the best !
            @yycanabis - i will certainly update on the "fluffy" buds potency when cured.....about 6-8 weeks to harvest and cure , guesstimate
            there are indeed some nice buds on these plants....time will tell...
            Last edited by Cfsimon927; 03-24-2021, 09:33 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X