No announcement yet.

Making Feminized Seeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed out Strawberry Cheesecake is getting culled. This is the plant that topped herself a couple of days after she started flowering and was left with only her 2 lowest nodes. This pheno smells and smokes great while growing really big buds and colas that are built of monster foxtails and produces nice colors so I pollinated it in hopes of locking in this trait but I think she was pushed beyond her limits and she has started to make sacks and nanners here and there. I intentionally and many times unintentionally stress these plants out with temp/humidity extremes & rapid changes as well as very odd light schedules at times, 24/7 high winds from being closest to fan and never moving, LST, HST, cold rootzone, nutrient imbalance, etc. Everything except bugs and wild pH fluctuations (except the time I forgot to add acid) and this plant got a major dose of all of those things as well as being pushed beyond harvest time to let the intentionally pollinated seeds develop but I still don't trust it and the seeds from this plant will not be used for breeding or shared.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Strawberry cheesecake self topped.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	751.4 KB
ID:	385489

Comment

• Rwise
      Rwise commented
      Editing a comment
      It kinda sounds as you are going to enjoy administering the punishment.

• FunkyButtLovin
      FunkyButtLovin commented
      Editing a comment
      I am definitely going to enjoy this one. I just ran out of this variety last week.

• SoOrbudgal
      SoOrbudgal commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not smoked really seeded weed for a long time I do remember those seeds popping though don't burn yer shirt LOL

Read through this thread and I learned alot and really had a good time doing so. Thank you!
    Indoor grow. LED, Soil. Autos.

Outdoor grow. Autos, fem's, bagseeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...944-grow-diary

Comment

i think i know the answer but figured i'd ask since a search was fruitless.

why use silver to herm a plant and produce fem seeds? wont stressing it with introducing light during the dark period do this also?

Comment

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        There are lots of ways to do it. I use silver because it is reliable, I get pinpoint accuracy and can get as much or as little pollen as I want and I can remove the pollen producing parts before any pollen is released to seed whatever part of the plants I want and create as few or as many seeds as I want, I don't have to push harvest back much if at all.

Majority of this is with autoflowers anyway, they're only in darkness for a few hours during their entire life.

• Toker1
        Toker1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it will. Some people just let the plant continue to bloom way past its point of ripeness. It seeds up just the same. Colloidal silver can really mess up a plant, and leave it all burned up. There is a reason why many people won’t use that stuff.

• FunkyButtLovin
        FunkyButtLovin commented
        Editing a comment
        Let me get a picture of the branch I've been spraying everyday, sometimes twice a day for the last 2+ weeks so I can show all the messed up burning. I'll be right back.

There are many ways of doing it, like willow tea, aspirin, stress. I pulled a plant and it hermied when replanted, I have a set up that pumps air into the soil, many more ways.

Comment

i just figured there was a reason they would go to the extent of silver.. got to be more than being able to just do one branch.

i figured some ways predispose the next generation to herming and make them less tolerable to stress?

Comment

Here is the Gorilla Auto I just finished spraying a couple of days ago. I sprayed one branch about 18-20 times over the course of 15 days from 2/2 to 2/16. Note all the burning.

Name:	top down Gorilla AutoFem Ladystud 2 days after spraying stopped.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	385754

Name:	top down shot of GG ladystud after spraying.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	1.05 MB
ID:	385755

Name:	close up of GG AF ladystud after spraying.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	712.3 KB
ID:	385756

Comment

Thats looking really nice. Iv'e just started a white widow. shes almost a week old now.

Comment

Unfortunately that Expert Gorilla Auto turned out to be a turd and I did not use it's pollen. Cinderella Jack from Dutch Passion has been chosen as the next to get the spray.

Comment

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                Cinderella Jack sounds promising. What are ya gonna breed her to?

• FunkyButtLovin
                FunkyButtLovin commented
                Editing a comment
                Any of these that seem worthy when the time comes - Amnesia Haze, Blueberry, Gorilla Glue, Lemon Skunk, Lemon Skunk x Northern Lights, Lemon Skunk x Strawberry Cheesecake, Northern Lights, NYC Diesel, OGesus and Sweet Cream.

• JDU
                JDU commented
                Editing a comment
                I can't wait!
                I decided to veg mine long enough to get somethin to smoke so the Mango & crosses won't be ready til you're about ready to start doin photos again.

Wow just read this entire thread not sure how I missed it? Any of those auto flower seeds left for sharing? Never done an auto flowering plant but after the quad lining with Autoflowers posts and this I’m interested in giving them a shot.

Comment

Thanks for doin this thread Amigo. & they are viable Here's one of the Lemon Skunk! 4 days old. 😎

Comment

Funky, i agree with JDU here are my lemon skunks 1 is the cheezecake mix. in the solo are northern light auto x2 and 1 more skunk . the ones in the 2 gallons are about 3 weeks. the solos I thought cracked during germination, but my eyes fooled me, but bout 5-6 days they were . The first 3 were up and out within a couple days. A big THANKYOU! you have been a great help to me.

back left is S1, back right is skunk mix, right front is the cheezecake mix
                  Last edited by Dieselgrower; 04-21-2020, 01:20 PM.
                  If you get confused....listen to the music play

Comment

It looks like it's that time again!

Name:	CJ Ladystud balls June25.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	742.1 KB
ID:	421312

Comment

• JDU
                      JDU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Are those seeds? I thought they were pollen sacs.

• FunkyButtLovin
                      FunkyButtLovin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yeah it's a Cinderella Jack Autofem from Dutch Passion. I'll be pollinating Amnesia Haze, Blueberry, GG#4, Lemon Skunk x Strawberry Cheesecake, Lemon Skunk x Northern Lights, NYC Diesel and OGesus for sure it looks like.

• JDU
                      JDU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      SWEEEEET!! Each & every one sounds worth planting!!! You know how I love the Sativas lol.
                      P.S. I'm really thinkin hard on bringin one of the Lemon Skunk x Strawberry Cheesecake in to get hit by the photo Mango..... Just for shits n giggles & cause the timing is right.

Wow look at all those seeds. Beautiful work now are these regular seeds like 50/50 M-F or will they all be feminized? Same question to you also JDU just seems to me that big time seed brokers could at least send out 6-8 seeds instead of just giving you 3 in a pkg. oh yea i remember.........greed=$$$
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

• JDU
                      JDU commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mine are photos & feminized for now but if I decide to do the work & create a strain I'll bring in male DNA.

Yep- that dollar can bring out the shitty side of folks.

This is so very interesting thanks for the postings
                    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
                    indoor/outdoor grower
                    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
                    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
                    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
                    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
                    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
                    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Comment

Question for all...So ,I've grown blue widow(photo) from seeds twice, never found any seeds. I took 2 clones from the last grow, grew'em out and have found some seeds. That would lead me to believe the seeds are a result of environmental conditions (probably to hot). Am I correct in thinking that there should be a high probability they are 1) feminized seeds and 2) wouldn't necessarily hermie again if grown in better conditions? TIA for opinions
                      (I did have a flowering hermied durban poison in with the flowering clones--but the seeds do look exactly like the blue widow seeds and not like the durban seeds-durbans are darker colored, so don't think they cross pollinated)
                      Last edited by GreenState; 07-15-2020, 06:24 AM.
                      "That's your fortress of fucking solitude. That puts you, for the rest of your life, at a level of fuck you. Somebody wants you to do something, fuck you. Boss pisses you off, fuck you! Own your house. Have a couple bucks in the bank. Don't drink"

Comment

• JDU
                        JDU commented
                        Editing a comment
                        If a certain strain proves prone to hermie there's a good chance it has been bred feminized for too many generations. You gotta have male DNA to keep a strain stable or Nature will find a way & hermie yer ladies.

• GreenState
                        GreenState commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks for all the input guys (gals) greatly appreciated! Toker1 don't really have any neighbors that aren't second homeowners, and they are rarely here.

• Toker1
                        Toker1 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah. Pollen is made to travel. It can stick to clothes, and enter the garden with you potentially. It can really come far away and land on a female bud site. . Unless you have a double air lock entrance, specific garden entrance procedures/techniques to rid yourself of any potential intrusions, and are using dedicated clean gowns with Clean Foot coverings/hair nets/and gloves inside the garden... there is a chance for potential pollination.
                        I’m not saying that 100% is what happened to your plants... just saying the potential does exist. Just something to consider.
                        Last edited by Toker1; 07-17-2020, 10:01 AM.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X