Nutes - How Much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nutes - How Much?

I started what I thought were Auto-Flower plants. I followed Sirius' recommendation of using Nutes at 1/2 strength, which I've done up until now. Since I've determined I have Photo plants, should I revert back to using them Full-Strength or continue with the 1/2 strength formula? I haven't had any nutrient deficiencies that I'm aware of - plants look healthy to me, but I'm a relative novice grower and I want to do what's best for my girls - What do you think? Thanks in advance for any suggestions! (Pics coming soon!)
    3'x3'x6' Cool Grow Tent and Large Wooden Cabinet
    3 and 5 Gallon Fabric Pots
    Coco Coir with 30% Perlite
    2-450 watt Vipar Spectra LEDs
    4" Exhaust with Vivosun Fan and Carbon Filter
    6" Oscilatting Fan
    GH Flora-Trio Nutes with Cal-Mag and GH Liquid Kool Bloom

"Why Do You Keep Banging Your Head Against That Wall?"
    "'Cause It Feels So Good When I stop"

If it ain't broke-------------------

Comment

• Sledrock
      Sledrock commented
      Editing a comment
      quirk Yes, I agree - don't mess with success, in fact I may start doing all my future grows with 1/2 strength Nutes, unless I start seeing a deficiency.

Continue with the half strength recipe

But, if you think they can take a little more, then you can bump the nutes, a LITTLE, dont jump from half strength to full strength.

when I bump my nutes - I mix it exactly the same, but I start with a little less water, so just a little bump

ie
    A normal mix, I start with 15L water and add my measured nutes
    when I want to bump the nutes, I start with 14L water and add the same measured dosages

Comment

• Sledrock
      Sledrock commented
      Editing a comment
      @Lurking Thanks for that good tip!

yep, just keep doing what your doing..if all is well, dont mess around. Try for a decent harvest this time and you can play around with nutes and lights and soil for your next grow. My first grow was a success, now i cant stop tinkering with my second grow..lol
    Shappel S3000 3.5x6x6' ice hut
    Fusion Board LED Panel 480w
    6" Fusion Breath, Fan/Filter
    Canna Coco/perlite
    General Hydroponics Flora Series
    Cal/Mag.

Auto plants Strawberry Pie Auto(fast bud) Night Queen Auto(dutch passion) Chem Dog Auto(ethos) Unknown mix Auto(butterbean seeds)
    Photo plants Blue Cheese(butterbean seeds) Green Crack(Canuk seeds)
    Purple Gelatto(Canuk seeds)

Comment

• Sledrock
      Sledrock commented
      Editing a comment
      homegrown Good Advice, Homegrown! I'm a "Tinkerer, too. Someone needs to take the Fiskars away from me. Once I start defoliating, it's hard to stop.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X