Question about tent temperture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about tent temperture

I have a 3x3x5 tent sitting on a screened in back porch. I've placed a old 450 vipraspectra and a 54watt CFL clip light in the tent. The vipra has only the veg. blue light working and creates no heat. I just use it for vegging cause the red driver died last winter during snow storm blew the driver power outage and it was 3yrs old used well. I have another light on order for that tent but won't get here for a wk or more.

Well it won't get more than 62degrees in there I tested it for 6hrs now early morning till now. Do you all think I could place my photo clones in there without doing harm to them till the other light arrives? I'd keep it on 24hrs. My 4x4 has 3 photos in their 5wk of flower at 12/12 and I have a t5 going for my auto sprouts. So i'm just wondering if 62deg. is too cold to keep them healthy and growing till the light gets here?
    Smoke Ganja create Peace Respect Nature don't trash the Planet

Soil grower with coco/perlite mixed in
    indoor/outdoor grower
    1 36"x36"x66" tent- Viparspectra P2500
    1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
    I use a t-5 & 54watt CFL for seedlings
    Sometimes i use plastic sometimes i use fabric grow containers
    Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to
    Age Old Organics Bloom 5-10-5

Do you have a little space heater? I'd be a bit concerned about stunting them

Comment

Maybe if you can put a 100 watt or higher, incandescent light bulb in you tent, it will warm it up some. You can set a space heater in front of the tent during the 12 hour dark period.

Comment

Well there just clones i'm concerned about they won't need 12/12 for a couple months. I just want them to veg till I get the photo tent done and it won't be for 5wks till harvest i'm guessing on that. Hmm larger heat type light. I might have to buy a heat lamp light bulb today like the one used in chicken coop. Wonder if that would bring the heat up all I think I need is at least 72 that should no slow them down for veg I wouldn't think? I don't have a little space heater I've spent money on another LED for that tent. My autos will do fine for another week under t5 tube veg station. I may just have to cram them indoors for the heat issue and put up with it till the light comes.

Thank you for the ideas fellas

indoor/outdoor grower
        1 3x3x6 tent- used in late spring for seedlings both veggies & weed. I have 2 viparspectar 450r for that tent.
        Currently using fish/guano during veg growth & FF Grow Big 6-4-4 teens to bloom. Once i see pre-flower i switch to

Comment

• JDU
          JDU commented
          Editing a comment
          That's what I'd try 1st. A brooder should be plenty warm.

Yeah that heat lamp will work well for you. You might even need to vent the tent a bit. My wife bought a couple of those heat lamps for her chicken coop. I told her the only way i was going to heat chickens was in a deep fat fryer.

Comment

• SoOrbudgal
          SoOrbudgal commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks starramus i'm going into town in a bit and i'll stop by the farmers co-op pickup a coop light

I got that heat lamp bulb plugged in and awaiting the temp check inside tent. Well I hope this works sure will free up my little t-5 veg light that I got my autos crammed in there.

indoor/outdoor grower

Comment

• Farmall
          Farmall commented
          Editing a comment
          I see its too late and I'll take a picture when I get back, but the one tent with the colors on the leaves is at 62 and it houses my lemon and lime tree as well

Oh haha. Way to keep up JD. 🙄
        Did you just get the one? We would use 2 or 3 if we had more than 50 chicks at a time in the big brooder.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X